Oh Canada - for shame - sore loser does not even scratch the surface!

Selene

Well, folks, as the mayor of Vancouver strongly stated last night:

"It is extremely disappointing to see the situation in downtown Vancouver turn violent after tonight's Stanley Cup game. Vancouver is a world-class city

and it is embarrassing and shameful to see the type of violence and disorder we've seen tonight," he said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1PSjUB3eM

video here

If the reports are true, this is one of the first examples that I can remember where the losing team's city rioted. I could be wrong, but I am really shocked by what happened.

This will not be the last you hear about this reaction by the minority gang of thugs in downtown Vancouver. Many thought a lesson had been learned from what happened after 1994.

Adam

Well, folks, as the mayor of Vancouver strongly stated last night:

"It is extremely disappointing to see the situation in downtown Vancouver turn violent after tonight's Stanley Cup game. Vancouver is a world-class city

and it is embarrassing and shameful to see the type of violence and disorder we've seen tonight," he said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1PSjUB3eM

video here

If the reports are true, this is one of the first examples that I can remember where the losing team's city rioted. I could be wrong, but I am really shocked by what happened.

This will not be the last you hear about this reaction by the minority gang of thugs in downtown Vancouver. Many thought a lesson had been learned from what happened after 1994.

Adam

Shameful indeed. Juvenile, disgusting, ugly.

Way to drag the maple leaf in the mud, you cretins.

Can't even blame Gary Bettman for this one.

Vancouver police chief blames Stanley Cup riot on anarchists

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+police+chief+blames+Stanley+riot+anarchists/4958411/story.html#ixzz1PT76ZKTT

I can't say for sure, but I don't think drinking too much Candian beer and being an asshole necessarily transforms people in "anarchists."

Ghs

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1PT76ZKTT

I can't say for sure, but I don't think drinking too much Canadian beer and being an asshole necessarily transforms people in "anarchists."

Ghs

George:

I was chuckling when I heard the statement.

I just saw an interview with Chu, the Police Chief and he is claiming that the "anarchists" wore Vancouver gear as disguises. He asserted that they were carrying gasoline, molotovs and other weapons.

I have seen some of the video and photos and I am not surprised by his assertion for the following reasons:

1) Vancouver has a significant left wing anarchist component;

2) the seventh 7th game win or lose provided good cover; and

3) they had the 1994 example.

Well, at least Chief Chu, being Asian, provided us with a different slant on the issue! :rolleyes:

So this was an anti- Boston Tea Party riot?

Adam

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1PT76ZKTT

I can't say for sure, but I don't think drinking too much Canadian beer and being an asshole necessarily transforms people in "anarchists."

Ghs

George:

I was chuckling when I heard the statement.

I just saw an interview with Chu, the Police Chief and he is claiming that the "anarchists" wore Vancouver gear as disguises. He asserted that they were carrying gasoline, molotovs and other weapons.

I have seen some of the video and photos and I am not surprised by his assertion for the following reasons:

1) Vancouver has a significant left wing anarchist component;

2) the seventh 7th game win or lose provided good cover; and

3) they had the 1994 example.

Well, at least Chief Chu, being Asian, provided us with a different slant on the issue! :rolleyes:

So this was an anti- Boston Tea Party riot?

Adam

Careful Adam, remember the Duke of Edinburgh got into hot water over Asian eyelid comments.

You do not want the Multicultural Anarchist Hockey Idiots Anti-Defamation Reague against you.

It is inevitable that someone will come up with a chink in the armor remark.

Ba'al Chatzaf

For a decade, I taught the Defensive Driving Program, which gives a ten percent reduction on your total auto insurance premium, excluding the comprehensive portion for three years and deducts four (4) points from your state motor vehicle record

One place I taught in was in Queens County which has a large Oriental population. We also had a lot of police officers as clients because of our network. Cops can be brutally honest and funny. One officer told me that they give out two (2) tickets in Queens:

1) DWI; and

2) DWO;

Driving while intoxicated/impaired and.....

ta da

Driving while Oriental.

Adam

Man attacked who tried to stop looting

Crowd Attacks Man During Vancouver Riot

A man attempting to halt the looting and destruction of a storefront is attacked and severely beaten by the riotous crowd (relevant portion of video begins at 3:15 - Warning: Graphic Video)

Read more: http://www.realradio.fm/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=425022&article=8715092#ixzz1PUlBl6Dv

Notice the two or three young men with the white face masks @ 2:32 of the video @ 9:00 o'clock - blue Vancouver jersey blue hat, "weapon" in right hand. @ 4:29 dead center of video another dressed the same; I have seen these get-ups at various anti-World Bank confrontations.

They appear just before the man starts stopping people from continuing the looting and before he gets stomped.

Adam

• 4 months later...

Followup - they have prepared charges against nearly 700 Van rioters according to Cdn media.

In related Justice Prevails good news, Sean Avery has been sent down from New York to the minors. According to the inimitable Sean McIndoe (no relation), Avery has already set the record as the most fashion-conscious player in the American Hockey League, surpassing that guy in 1989 who did his laundry once.

Welcome back, Carol!

I would have extended my greeting earlier, but I have been depressed by the news that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are getting divorced. The marriage lasted 72 days, which was very disappointing. I gave it 90.

Ghs

Welcome back, Carol!

I would have extended my greeting earlier, but I have been depressed by the news that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are getting divorced. The marriage lasted 72 days, which was very disappointing. I gave it 90.

Ghs

Thanks George. May I say how enjoyable it was to arrive back in the midst of a crucial incident in the ever-evolving relationship aon gst Smithland, Shayne Republic and Coateswana, with UN mediation by MSK and colour commentary by the ever-reliable team of Tony, XRay and Brant. Classic brinkmanship!

I too am distraught about poor Kim. How tragic that isuch a timeless, deathless love could not even last through one 13-week cycle of the TV season.

IHowever, I have not even written my sympathy note to Kim yet because I am agonizing round the clock about the Duchess of Cambridge who is NOT PREGNANT YET and might be too thin to get pregnant...I think Kim should reach out to Kate, nobly rise above her own suffering and offer sisterly support. If anyone understands the stress of an entire nation's future hingeing on your own personal life, it's Kim.