Game of Thrones: You MUST see this!

By the Rood of Christ and by the Great God Jehovah, I say you must see -Game of Thrones-. This is the best thing that HBO has produced in a long time.

Ba'al Chatzaf

By the Rood of Christ and by the Great God Jehovah, I say you must see -Game of Thrones-. This is the best thing that HBO has produced in a long time.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Amen. I will stick my neck out and say this will be a hit.

Carol

Richard Sharpe love slave

• 2 years later...

Is it as good as HBO's resident Obamian sycophant, Bill Maher?

You might also like the Netflicks (exclusive) series, House of Cards, with Kevin Spacey playing the serpentine and ultra-Machiavellian Democratic House Majority Whip,. Frank Underwood, perfectly matched with his wife, Claire (played by Robin Wright, with a matching reptiliian icyness, surpassing that of characters played by Glenn Close).

Both are good series. The UK House of Cards is also worthwhile and different enough that you can enjoy both versions. Nobody should be particularly surprised by my recommendation of Game of Thrones. While a fantasy series on its face, there is a lot of "human" truth to be found in the characters and events.

Liberal blogger Ezra Klein wrote a jaw-droppingly stupid piece on House of Cards in which he disputes the premise of the fictional TV program and defends Washington's politicians:

https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/posts/422392561181132

And here I thought that Gregory House was a real medical doctor all these years, and that all life-threatening medical conditions could be effectively diagnosed through social interaction and personal epiphany within a neat 42-minute timeframe.

The Wire is the definitive work on the failure, injustice, and self-reinforcing nature of liberal/Democratic urban political systems. Season 1:drug war/minority poverty cycle; Season 2: union hypocrisy; Season 3: corrupt politicians; Season 4: failed public schools; Season 5: hopelessness. I very much enjoyed the tour of my blue-state childhood.

I think The Sopranos gives it a good run for its money in terms of Best-Ever Series.