Atlanta Objectivist Society conference (ATLOSCon 2011)

Aaron

Hsieh expects $20 a month to answer questions such as when is appropriate to call margarine butter and is it ok to celebrate birthdays? How much does she want for posting the videos of cats with hyperthyroidism playing Parkour?

As someone said, you'd think that with a PhD in philosophy and a true believer in Objectivism Hsieh would write papers refuting critics of Objectivism, inviting them to respond, and then blowing their replies out of the water.

-Neil Parille

Neil:

With Dr. Demonic's blow job affectation, out of the pure respect that I personally have to the act, could you possibly select a different descriptive gerund?

Adam

chortling with my infantile mind

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hsieh expects $20 a month to answer questions such as when is appropriate to call margarine butter and is it ok to celebrate birthdays? How much does she want for posting the videos of cats with hyperthyroidism playing Parkour?

As someone said, you'd think that with a PhD in philosophy and a true believer in Objectivism Hsieh would write papers refuting critics of Objectivism, inviting them to respond, and then blowing their replies out of the water.

-Neil Parille

Neil:

With Dr. Demonic's blow job affectation, out of the pure respect that I personally have to the act, could you possibly select a different descriptive gerund?

Adam

chortling with my infantile mind

lol Adam, you are really on your game today. Though I fear you will never be quite Respectable.

I know what Hsieh is doing and I find no problem with it per se. She is doing her version of Internet marketing.

At least she's doing something in this field.

I don't value what she is selling--since I don't believe someone with her orientation has the life experience of a Dear Abby to make good judgment calls for others in everyday affairs (I'm serious), but she is trying. And I believe something good will actually come from it.

There is nothing on earth like selling on a free market to learn the real reality of human nature--meaning not the "reality" deducted from principles like fundies tend to use. It's simple. You do xxx and people buy or they do not buy. Nobody can force them. Then if you change xxx to yyy, people act differently (if you have been honestly trying to test and/or improve).

Since Hsieh put her name on this thing and made it public, there will be very little wiggle room for faking it. The numbers ain't gonna lie.

Believe me, a PhD in philosophy means very little in terms of her making this a success. She is going to have to use her brain and find her way. Just like the high-school dropouts who become millionaires.

Michael

I know what Hsieh is doing and I find no problem with it per se. She is doing her version of Internet marketing.

At least she's doing something in this field.

I don't value what she is selling--since I don't believe someone with her orientation has the life experience of a Dear Abby to make good judgment calls for others in everyday affairs (I'm serious), but she is trying. And I believe something good will actually come from it.

There is nothing on earth like selling on a free market to learn the real reality of human nature--meaning not the "reality" deducted from principles like fundies tend to use. It's simple. You do xxx and people buy or they do not buy. Nobody can force them. Then if you change xxx to yyy, people act differently (if you have been honestly trying to test and/or improve).

Since Hsieh put her name on this thing and made it public, there will be very little wiggle room for faking it. The numbers ain't gonna lie.

Believe me, a PhD in philosophy means very little in terms of her making this a success. She is going to have to use her brain and find her way. Just like the high-school dropouts who become millionaires.

Michael

I agree with you. Whatever else we may think, she is walking her talk.

And whatever else we may think is so much fun.

Edited by daunce lynam

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...