Atlas Shrugged fans shock theater chains

As a completely unnecessary issue to raise, in the euphoric aura that emanates from Phil's persona presence on all threads wherein he graces us with his existence, did you find it "odd" that Atlas is being distributed as an "old-fashioned" movie reel?

I know nothing about the subject. On the face of it, I'd expect digital to be cheaper.

As a completely unnecessary issue to raise, in the euphoric aura that emanates from Phil's persona presence on all threads wherein he graces us with his existence, did you find it "odd" that Atlas is being distributed as an "old-fashioned" movie reel?

I know nothing about the subject. On the face of it, I'd expect digital to be cheaper.

Exactly. It does not make sense, but I am completely ignorant of the cost end of that business.

> This'll cut a few hours off Phil's opening weekend trek! :)...Just trying to keep it all about Phil. :P

Thanks, ND, I appreciate that. You're a gentle soul.

If interest in moi flags and the thread gets hijacked into a discussion of the Atlas Shrugged movie venues again, just to get things back on Topic A I could always make a couple extremely lengthy posts on my dietary habits and my bowel movements and why I like longsleeve t-shirts.

Edited by Philip Coates

‘Atlas Shrugged’: First Movie to Target the Tea Party

"By Hollywood standards, the marketing budget is tiny, so word-of-mouth from Tea Partiers sympathetic to the film’s message is crucial to its success. The film is also the perfect test case to see whether such an effort can work because Ayn Rand’s novel extols free markets and entrepreneurialism and excoriates government coercion and overtaxation, values that unite Tea Partiers. In fact, rallies invariably feature signs that mimic the book’s opening line: “Who Is John Galt?” Another common sign at Tea Party rallies asks, “Is Atlas Shrugging?” If Hollywood can’t persuade this demographic to support Atlas, it might as well write off the Tea Party as a marketing source."

Damn, she is really hot in that grey dress!

Adam

Atlas Shrugged Part 1- A movie every investor should see

200x2001.gifI recently had the opportunity to view a pre-release version of Atlas Shrugged Part 1, which is appropriately scheduled for release on tax day, April 15. You need not waste your time with the mainstream media’s reviews of this film, as I can assure you that the critical reception will be overwhelmingly negative. Simply put, this is the movie Hollywood doesn’t want you to see.

Atlas Shrugged Can Be Seen On The Big Screen And In Today’s Society

This is from Forbes April 6th 2011