Hello Everyone

Vanlandingham

Nice to meet you all. I've been lurking here for a few days, and I figured I'd join in on the fun. I'm a college student, cadet, and a generally easy-going person. I'm studying 'Public Policy Economics' (whatever that is), but have recently discovered interests in philosophy, fitness, and language. I'll be honest, some of the stuff I've read on these forums flies right over my head. Clearly, I need to read more. I enjoy reading intellectual discussions. (and participating sometimes) So, I'm looking forward to learning a bit from each of you.

Zachariah:

Welcome to OL. Cadet as in a military college or as in a member of the military?

I think there are only a few people on OL that posts do not fly over their heads. I for one have difficulty with the theoretical mathematics threads for example. Also, there are some exceptionally knowledgeable people in various areas on OL.

I am always learning here which is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum.

Where do you hale from?

Adam

Selene, I'm a member of AFROTC at Washington State University, so once I complete my degree, I will be placed on active duty. I did apply for the US Air Force Academy, and I was accepted, but disqualified for medical reasons. I've lived in Alaska, Oregon, Texas, and Michigan. I normally just say, "I'm from Alaska," as I was born there and have lived there for 8 years.

Michael, It would indeed be boring. For me, there's not much that can compare with the sense of achievement from learning. We appreciate the welcome. :)

Brant, I doubt college students taste much good at all. I hear their diet is composed solely of ramen noodles, pizza, and beer. Not to mention, they likely carry disease.