Workplace Movies/Plays

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

Guys I have noticed MSK hasn't been around for hours and maybe we could set up a Canadian Corner like the important intellectuals here have, only with Bonhomme and Moosehead and Road to Avonlea posters.

Of course secretly it would be a cell of the Sacred Igloo. Boring from Within.

Edited by daunce lynam

Guys I have noticed MSK hasn't been around for hours and maybe we could set up a Canadian Corner like the important intellectuals here have, only with Bonhomme and Moosehead and Road to Avonlea posters.

Are Michiganders allowed?

Of course! Two words. Gordie Howe.

Just drove through Windsor a few weeks ago. Beautiful town. Still miss Hockey Night in Canada from the old days...

Just drove through Windsor a few weeks ago. Beautiful town. Still miss Hockey Night in Canada from the old days...

The whole of Toronto sure misses it! A whole city of total hockey masochists. HNC with the original 6 was a cultural experience so glorious, and I didn't even realize I was having it, it was just regular Saturday night with Dad's wry comments and being allowed to stay up till the game was over.

Another great gotta make a living movie: Used Cars (1980)

A side effect of HNC was having my adolescent crushes not on McCartney or Jagger but on Harper (no relation) or Laperriere, guys with few teeth, smashed noses and 2-word vocabularies, one French, one English, both obscene.My eventual husband was a soccer fanatic with an attractively broken nose and one tooth missing from a championship game.Hasten to add however, he talked a glorious game, to the end of his life.

Office Space is excellent. Of the crude and obnoxiously funny slant, I'd say Waiting is up there too.

~ Shane

Top 5 Workplace Movies:

"Working Girl" with Melanie Griffith and Harrison Ford

"His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell

"Jerry Maguire"

"Erin Brockovich"

"Morning Glory" [2010] with Rachel McAdams

Honorable Mention for style, music, humor:

"How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying"

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

That one either. Is it in a restaurant?

Carol

up past my bedtime again

A loving study in sadism and filth.

Sounds like the call centre I worked in!

You were most likely paid to work in that call center. The film offers no value and has no redeeming qualities. The skill with which it is made simply magnifies its depravity.

I'm All Right Jack with Peter Sellers.

And Mystic Pizza, not strictly a workplace but I liked Julia Roberts better than in any of her big hits. On this Brockovich would be my #2.

Edited by daunce lynam

9 to 5 with the treasonous Jane Fonda with her "Yes, I am into M & M line.

9 to 5 with the treasonous Jane Fonda with her "Yes, I am into M & M line.

(to estranged husband) "If I want to do..er..M&Ms it's none of your business!"

I guess the Terminal movie would fit because the stranded guy lives in everybody else's workplace. I didn't see it but it might be somebody else's favourite.