Is this the kind of thing Wikileaks bashers want to remain hidden?

sjw

And why would "this be the kind of thing Wikileaks bashers want to remain hidden"? Cash for kid sex is exactly the same thing as either compromising diplomacy or exposing the identities of informants and translators in a war zone?

And why would "this be the kind of thing Wikileaks bashers want to remain hidden"? Cash for kid sex is exactly the same thing as either compromising diplomacy or exposing the identities of informants and translators in a war zone?

So you blame them for the latter but give them no credit for the former.

Shayne

I'll try my best to explain it to you. I'm going to go real slow, just so you don't miss it.

The Wikileaks bashers have consistently argued that Wikileaks is horrible because it is potentially putting in danger Afghani contacts to the U.S. government and, as a result, the entire American war effort. Well, we now learn that, among other things, the American war effort is funneling billions of dollars into the pockets of child rapists and practitioners of sex slavery. We may also notice, as a result of these revelations, that the same people who are fuming with moral indignation about the horrors of Wikileaks, don't seem to have the slightest amount of moral indignation about U.S. taxpayer dollars subsidizing such activities. But perhaps this is not surprising. If they experience not a shred of regret or apology about a U.S. foreign policy which has resulted in the death of hundreds of thousands of people, and if in fact they continue to support such a policy, why should they experience even a pang of conscience about U.S. support of child rape and sex slavery?

Martin

Excellently put Martin.

The truth of the matter is that it is these false-patriot Wikileaks bashers that is putting Americans most at risk -- by implicitly standing behind the crimes that lead to the creation and incitement of enemies.

Shayne

"WikiLeaks cables: Shell's grip on Nigerian state revealed

US embassy cables reveal top executive's claims that company 'knows everything' about key decisions in government ministries"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying

AKA fascism.

Shayne

Folks:

I guess it stems from my experience in government and politics that these "revelations" are not a bit revelatory to me. It happens to be the manner in which business is conducted, both here and throughout the world.

Putin is allegedly worth, personally, between eight billion [$8,000,000,000] and fifty two billion [$52, 000,000,000] dollars. So much for workers of the world and being your brother's keeper. He is your basic commie thug.

What I find truly laughable, is that the media has mentioned nothing about the information in the Wikileak's document dump that confirm the transfer of the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction that were quietly removed to the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. Some of this was uranium nuclear material and required processing. It was taken out in the Israeli hit a while ago. You remember the North Korean facility in Lebanon.

A significant amount of the document dump merely confirms that this is a nasty globe with vast power entities vying for care, custody and control of resources, turf and tribal, religious and political issues.

In other words reality.

The central question is:

How do we structure our society to protect our individual rights and defend the country. Openness and simplifying is the path. De-funding this centralized monstrosity that we have allow to encyst and metastasize on our body politic will require radical treatment. Chemotherapy and radiation is a start. Kill the infestation and hope the body politic survives.

Adam

Selene: Most people believe what their government tells them. You're in the minority. That's why Wikileaks has massive potential to wake people up (but not to tell them what to do about it), and why the elites of the world are fighting them.

I share your concern for society. I think the evil must be withdrawn carefully, like a surgeon would remove a brain tumor. For example, fiat money is pure evil, but it would be extremely unjust to pull the plug on it all at once.

Shayne

Selene: Most people believe what their government tells them. You're in the minority. That's why Wikileaks has massive potential to wake people up (but not to tell them what to do about it), and why the elites of the world are fighting them.

I share your concern for society. I think the evil must be withdrawn carefully, like a surgeon would remove a brain tumor. For example, fiat money is pure evil, but it would be extremely unjust to pull the plug on it all at once.

Shayne

I agree with all but your first statement. Most people in the US do not believe what their government tells them. Since at least 1963, believing what the government tells the citizen has radically declined.

I would say that less than thirty percent (30%) [this is my semi educated guess] of the voting population believes the government. The problem with the voting citizen is that he or she believes that their only choice is to vote in elections. They have been pummeled into this being their only proper path to change the system.

Adam

why should they experience even a pang of conscience about U.S. support of child rape and sex slavery?

Before I got involved with Objectivism, I naively believed that every person had a conscience. I definitely know that there are plenty of people who call themselves Objectivists who don't have one.