Why Being Denounced by Objectivists May be a GOOD Thing (2006)

Roger Bissell

WSS-

Looking at your new picture, you seemed to have aged a bit rapidly. Mind you, you look just fine--I was just a little concerned by this accelerated process. Possible diagnosis: recent firefight this year on SOLOP.

Great to read you as always.

rde

WSS-

Looking at your new picture, you seemed to have aged a bit rapidly.

I'm forty-nine come January. The earlier vanity shot was from the 'old days' when I was a singer for a band called Los Popularos . . .

WSS-

Looking at your new picture, you seemed to have aged a bit rapidly.

I'm forty-nine come January. The earlier vanity shot was from the 'old days' when I was a singer for a band called Los Popularos . . .

WSS-- your picture makes you look kinda like a young Christopher Walken! He's a good-looking guy.

WSS-- your picture makes you look kinda like a young Christopher Walken! He's a good-looking guy.
Fanks! For me, my favourite Jenna W pic is the B&W one on R0R where you have tipped your head back, looking very smart and very groooovy.

Luv yer blog, by the way . . . it probably does your studying good, having a 'notebook' open to record your progress and notions -- I am picturing you and your lady bugs!

• 1 year later...

I just stumbled onto this thread in the course of searching OL to find out what the reaction (if any) in the Objectivist community to Fred Seddon's very interesting book "AYn Rand, Objectivists, and the History of Philosophy" has been.

I'm not finding much in writing. I guess the response may only be on tape and CD.

I apreciate very much your emphasis on the productivity of NB, Tibor Machan and others - and the relative silence (book-wise) from the ARI community.

I too find it sad that Tara Smith, perhaps the most scholarly of the ARI-approved group, seems to eschew mention of NB when it would so often be appropriate.

And don't get me started on the Objectivism Research CD-ROM and its use of the Orwellian memory-hole.

Bill P (Alfonso)

Bill P.,

Seddon's book gets a 4-page review by Kevin Hill in Journal of Ayn Rand Studies, Volume 7, Number 1. Hill is a professor at Portland State and (I believe) not associated with ARI.

Kevin is one of the Good Guys. He is none other than Agent Cooper on Humanities.Philosophy.Objectivism. He is one of the sharpest people I have corresponded with. He recently got tenure (I forgot what university) as a law teacher. If I could only rescue two people from a sinking ship, Kevin would be one of them.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Stephen -

Thanks. This is helpful.

Bill P (Alfonso)