Ezra Levant or Roark/Rearden?

Michael Stuart Kelly

Ezra Levant or Roark/Rearden?

It is not too often that I see something political that brings tears to my eyes (especially in this day and age of nonstop election bluster and distortions), but Canadian Ezra Levant brought them. I have not seen a more moving real-life defense of the sanctity of individual rights against government encroachment since reading history books. I am talking about talking to the government on record, not publishing works.

Here are 8 YouTube videos posted by Levant and they say it all much better than I ever could:

(06:31)

(04:46)

(03:20)

(02:32)

(00:38)

(05:48)

(03:34)

(04:40)

Here is Levat's website, where he gives commentary on each of the videos and the whole mess: Ezra Levant. I haven't had time to read all this, but I will. I am still under the impact of the videos and wiping a tear away (literally).

Mr. Levant, I am in your debt.

Michael

George,

Notice that "Muslim" is completely interchangeable here. It could be black, Asian, homosexual, female, bus driver, stamp collector or nutcase. The principles Levant talked about apply to them all. These principles are not interchangeable. Only the special interest group is.

I have seen this issue promoted elsewhere as a blow against Islam and I feel disgust. How can anyone completely miss the point that it is a blow for freedom against the anti-freedom part of radical Islam only (and the government)? How can people change love of freedom for hatred that borders on racism?

I especially appreciated the part where he was asked about his publication promoting Islamophobia and he simply refused to accept those terms without challenge, mentioning that the last public act of violence of radical Islamists was bombing his synagogue, then saying that this promotes Islamophobia much more than any publication ever could.

When all this controversy dies down, I predict that Levant's face-down of the Canadian government will stand the test of time as one of the true shining moments for morality in government affairs and, hopefully, will result in a cutback of government power on moral terms.

I wish this had happened here in the USA. Maybe it is happening and I just don't know about it.

Michael