Sockpuppet Garbage

Note from MSK: Content deleted. The series of posts in this thread was peeled off from another thread. Explanation in my quoted post below.

Seymourblogger is now banned. She has made two other accounts and was posting under them, the member "anamous Cares" and a new one today, "Jeremiah Carder."

This is a neurotic person and, in my experience, she is the kind who will probaly try to make bogus accounts again in order to act immaturely, so I will keep deleting them when I find them until she moves on.

This person is no longer welcome to use an OL account.

Apparently spelling is no longer a required discipline, even if it changes the meanings of a sentence.

I pray that the signs that say "DANGER: DO NOT TOUCH" are spelled correctly and that young technicians can still read,

Good grief...we are doomed.

even if it changes the meanings of a sentence.

Good grief selene: the meanings of a sentence or the meaning of a sentence. Now I just lost another post correcting your syntax. What's the difference between grammar and syntax anyway?

Why don't you link to a real scholar, Babette Babich who also has graduate degrees in Germany altho an American. Many of her articles on Nietzsche are written in German and translated into English by herself., Her books, her journal on Nietzsche, interviews are all bilingual as the English ones she translates herself back into German. She writes also on Hannah Arendt and Heidegger. Hicks may be a good lecturer, - Penn State is it? - but he is not a world authority on Nietzsche as Babich is. Her understanding of him is intuitive,deep and "true" if I may say that, and comes from a long career reading Nietzsche.

The focus of here is on Ayn Rand's reception of Nietzsche - does B. Babich address this too, and if yes, to what extent?

edited to add:

I just googled "Babich and Ayn Rand" and got a link to a passage of Babich's book on Nietzsche's Philosophy of Science where she writes [bolding mine]:

http://books.google.de/books?id=NhNwUjBT-ecC&pg=PA214&lpg=PA214&dq=babich+and+ayn+rand&source=bl&ots=tJt0JCr7Tf&sig=c2JlwT1r1bJlAN2Hh_PW-G8cBXw&hl=de&sa=X&ei=x9tlT8rqAYrptQaM0MzgBQ&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false"

BB: "This fear stems in part from the tendency to conceptual solecism that equates Nietzsche's thought with that of Ayn Rand and other more classic proponents of aristo-vulgar esoteric doctrines".

Here is the German translation (going by what you said, I assume it was done by Babich herself):

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

BB: "Diese Furcht unterscheidet sich von der Neigung zur begrifflichen Sünde, die Nietzsches Gedanken mit denen von Ayn Rand und anderen eher klassichen Fürsprechern aristokratisch-vulgären esotersichen Doktrinen verbindet."

Note that "stems" in the English version is mistranslated in her German version as "unterscheidet", which means something else: 'differs'.

As for the term "begriffliche Sünde", (her translation of "conceptual solecism"), it does not exist in German.

"Solecism" has to be translated as e. g. "Sprachschnitzer" (language blunder), "sprachliche Ungereimtheit", etc.

Grammar mistake: it is not "vulgären esoterschen, but "vulgärer esoterischer".

I'd recommend reading BB's work in her native English.

For if one random single sentence in German already shows a number of mistakes, one can imagine what the rest looks like ...

Babich is NOT translating her own work. She is writing it in 2 languages as she is bilingual.

Some words are just NOT the same in another language. To do a LITERAL translation of your own work is an oxymoron.

Apparently spelling is no longer a required discipline, even if it changes the meanings of a sentence.

I pray that the signs that say "DANGER: DO NOT TOUCH" are spelled correctly and that young technicians can still read,

Good grief...we are doomed.

even if it changes the meanings of a sentence.

Good grief selene: the meanings of a sentence or the meaning of a sentence. Now I just lost another post correcting your syntax. What's the difference between grammar and syntax anyway?

The way they are spelled?

Do I win?

Life's a bitch...

And then some poor suckers grow up and marry one!

How sad.

Adam

Post script: Wait a minute. That answer was too linear. The meanings of a sentence are so much more evolved. Syntax be damned ...full warp speed ahead!

Don't fire until you see the cold dead ashes of their fires!

George H. Smith is on a boat

In his profile, under relationship status, Jeremiah wrote: "Single and wanna good lay."

I've got some bad news for you, Jeremiah. With your class, sense of humor, and taste in music, that isn't going to happen for a long, long time.

Ghs

Note from MSK: Content deleted. The series of posts in this thread was peeled off from another thread. Explanation in my quoted post below.

Seymourblogger is now banned. She has made two other accounts and was posting under them, the member "anamous Cares" and a new one today, "Jeremiah Carder."

This is a neurotic person and, in my experience, she is the kind who will probaly try to make bogus accounts again in order to act immaturely, so I will keep deleting them when I find them until she moves on.

This person is no longer welcome to use an OL account.

I thought it was her. This one. I was also suspicious of Cares. Maybe she instigated her own "hacking." After all, she's not smart enough for that, but Hitler . . .

--Brant

stupid is as stupid does

Michael,

Is there no way to block her using her IP address? I thought that was the standard protocol, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. Obviously you would know a lot more about it than I do. Perhaps she is using multiple computers.

Michael,

Is there no way to block her using her IP address? I thought that was the standard protocol, but perhaps I'm wrong about that. Obviously you would know a lot more about it than I do. Perhaps she is using multiple computers.

Too dumb to know how to cover her tracks and too dumb to know how to adapt to her five posts a day. And she essentially did what she claimed she was a victim of. Since she really has nothing to say any further incursions will be saying, "I'm back!"

--Brant

535 OL accounts!

• 3 years later...