FBI may re-open Hillary e-mail investigation.

merjet

Independent article. "The FBI sent Congress a letter saying it had uncovered still more emails that may be “pertinent” to the case and was looking into them. Translation: just 11 days out from the election the FBI may be about to re-open the investigation."

[Financial] Markets Rattled By Fresh FBI Review of Clinton Email. WSJ subscription needed to read the whole article. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Time to drag out the airplanes.

Bill Clinton needs to talk to Loretta Lynch again. 

:evil: 

Looks like I'm not the only one to think of that.

I just saw this:

:)

Michael

Kim Dotcom is taking credit, too.

If anyone wants to know that this means, Kim Dotcom is a Black Hat and hacking dude. On Clinton's birthday, he sent out a tweet and several other announcements about how to legally access the US government's massive server cloud structure in Utah to legally retrieve ALL of Clinton's emails from her private server. He gave the name of the person to contact at the NSA and the procedures. I posted this in the WikiLeaks thread (see here), but here it is again:

Nobody in the news can say for sure whether this is the reason the FBI reopened the case, but the timing looks pretty good.

Michael

This is the same FBI that couldnt break the iphone encryption during the San Bernardino case when Mcafee reached out to offer help.

They stepped back from forcing Apple to comply when it was determined the phone could be hacked. Hmmmm

The incompetence is staggering.

They are also sitting on another treasure trove of emails that wont be gone through until after the election.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3804668/Absolutely-corrupt-State-Department-convinces-judge-delay-release-14-900-new-Hillary-Clinton-emails-Election-Day.html

A proferred correction in the tweet's replies sez Rush introduced the notion by prefacing it with something like "your cynical friend might say:" ...

Right the horrible mistake they made.

Edited by william.scherk
Included the MM's tweet that Dave Weigel was deadpanning

Here's a very good discussion by Rush Limbaugh of Kim Dotcom:

The Kim Dotcom Theory

Here's the part after the caller:

Let me bring you up to speed on the allegations or the suggestions made by our last caller.  Kim Dotcom, if you want to know who this guy is, think Napster times 100.  Kim Dotcom established essentially a company, an outfit, a company called Megaupload.  He was accused of costing the entertainment industry $500 million by putting unlicensed content on the Megaupload site. Movies, music, TV shows, you know, the stuff that when you play a DVD or a digital copy there's a giant FBI warning that you could go to jail for 15 lifetimes if you copy it. 

That's what he did, $500 million of fraud.  The legal case does involve -- even though he's a citizen of New Zealand.  He was born in West Germany.  The United States got involved in his pursuit and was instrumental in him losing everything.  He is an accomplished hacker.  His real name is Kim Schmidt.  He was born in 1974.  He founded this file hosting service called Megaupload. He was accused of criminal copyright infringement and tons of other charges: money laundering, racketeering, wire fraud by the U.S. Department of Justice. 

In January of 2012 the New Zealand police raided his home in Auckland, New Zealand, placed him in custody in response to the U.S. -- he's not a U.S. citizen.  He ended up losing practically everything because, in his view, of the United States.  So he reportedly has a relationship with Julian Assange that they have common ground, and that is exposing the high and mighty and bringing them down.

Now, Kim Dotcom, I first got wind of this two nights ago in a super-secret phone call.  Kim Dotcom, the caller was right.  In all of these Podesta emails there's not a single Hillary Clinton email in the bunch, if you have noticed.  It's Podesta emailing everybody, the DNC, everybody in the Hillary campaign, but there are no Hillary Clinton emails in this Podesta dump.  We are at -- what's the number?  We're at 50,000 or 30,000 Podesta emails.  This guy was a prolific emailer. 

There are tens of thousands of them so far, and none of them are Hillary's.  Remember, she had 60,000 on her server.  She turned 30,000 of them over and said the other 30,000 were nobody's business 'cause they're about yoga and her daughter's wedding and wedding registry and reception and stuff like that.  Along comes, to get to the short version of the story, Kim Dotcom alleging he knows where those 33,000 emails are. 

They were not destroyed. Hillary may think they were, but they are somewhere in the hands of the National Security Agency, the NSA.  And he was offering anybody who cared a way to get them.  He was offering people a route.  He was claiming he knew how to get them.  So our caller's theory is that that's what the FBI has now become aware of, is Hillary's emails that they were led to believe had been destroyed, Hillary deleted them, remember, with a cloth.  She wiped the server.  "Oh, you mean like with a cloth?" she said.  Then we later learned that the bleach bunch did it.  But they're there. 

And if they're there, if they're somewhere, there's something in them she doesn't want anybody to see.  Along comes Kim Dotcom who's got an axe to grind with the U.S. government, the Obama administration.  He knows Assange.  So the people -- nobody knows -- this is all speculation.  What's going on here is that Kim Dotcom has worked with Assange and is really the hacker.  It's not the Russians. 

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Vlad has nothing to do with it, and furthermore, the fact that the Russians have nothing to do with this and Obama and Hillary are running around blaming 'em is really irresponsible and playing with fire.  You blame the Russians for interfering in a U.S. election when they're not doing it and you expect 'em just to look the other way and claim, "Well, it's politics.  We know how the Americans do it."  This is not the way Putin reacts.  Putin does not react to being falsely accused of doing things like this, and he's not happy about it.  It's irresponsible for Obama and the Democrats to be doing this. 

Assange has now said that he's got tons more emails coming next week and that what's coming next week will get her arrested.  As I say, I was getting bits and pieces of this as far back as two nights ago.  So we get this caller who wants to talk about it, and I'll share with you what I know.  I can't vouch for any of this, other than who Kim Dotcom is and has the ability to do this.  Whether he actually knows where Hillary's emails are and can direct people to it, somebody knows whether that's true or not. 

But Assange is saying what he's saying.  And Assange has said it's not the Russians that are giving him this data.  And it's true that all this data does not have one Hillary Clinton email in it.  At some point Assange claims that what you're gonna see will be Hillary Clinton emails, and in the middle of all this is when Comey comes along and says, "You know what?  We've come across additional emails, may reopen the investigation."  So it puts all of this in a different light. 

So our caller was suggesting maybe Obama, the Democrats, it's now time to throw her overboard to protect themselves by not standing in the way of the FBI doing its investigation and conclusion, 33,000 emails.  I don't even want to go there.  That's caller speculation, and anybody can call here and say anything, and it could end up being right, but that's generally the kind of speculation I try to avoid throughout my entire career.  I have no idea.  We just have to watch all this play out. 

Something is clearly going on.  This is unprecedented for the FBI to apparently close an investigation, reopen it with, what, 11 days left before an election.  It's bombshell stuff and the Democrats are not happy.

In other words, Rush is floating the idea that the hacker may not be the Russians, but Kim Dotcom.

Rush mentioned the other day that this hacking stuff seemed pretty targeted towards Hillary Clinton. Well, Kim Dotcom does have a gigantic beef with her.

And if this is the case, I dearly hope the Democrats, Obama folks and Clinton campaign will stop beating the war drums to prompt WWIII with Russia over a friggin' election.

Michael

34 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

The incompetence is staggering.

Sincere perhaps but lacks insight.

McAfee has a very specialized skill set, the FBI encompasses many specialties.  Not all are state of the art nor could they be, there will always be a lag, it is not the FBI's job to invent new technology.  Law enforcement is always improved by honest citizens willing to help.  The FBI is competent unless compromised by political action.

Here is why I prefer the focus of Memeorandum to Drudge on election news and scandals. He or his staff always add their own gilding in the curation, and the slant is slanted hard.  Memeorandum uses a simpler algorithm to select its HOT NOW stories and their related commentaries and second-order media outfall. Drudge is bent on a certain selection.

Which is just to say that this mysterious investigation by the FBI is quite A Thing.  As such, every last pundit and has-been or shrill emotive hydra head has to have its say. Hoopla upon hoopla.

Ain't the free press wonderful? Something for every taste.

TOP ITEMS: 
i94.jpg New York Times:
New Emails in Clinton Case Came From Devices Once Used by Anthony Weiner  —  WASHINGTON — Emails from Hillary Clinton's private server were found after the F.B.I. seized electronic devices once shared by Anthony D. Weiner and his estranged wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Mrs. Clinton, federal law enforcement officials said Friday.
Discussion:
RELATED:
i80.jpg NBC News:
FBI Says It Will Investigate New Hillary Clinton Emails  —  The FBI is reviewing a new batch of Hillary Clinton emails, bureau director James Comey said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday.  —  “In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence …
i78.jpg Theodore Schleifer / CNN:
FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton probe  —  (CNN)FBI Director James Comey said Friday the bureau is reviewing new emails related to Hillary Clinton's time as secretary of state, according to a letter sent to eight congressional committee chairmen, a surprise development with 11 days until the election.
Discussion:
i95.jpg Newsweek:
WHY FBI DIRECTOR MADE CLINTON EMAIL ANNOUNCEMENT NOW  —  Why did FBI Director James Comey shock Washington on Friday with an announcement that the FBI “has learned of the existence of emails” related to Hillary Clinton's private email server, and what does it mean?  —  The truth is Comey didn't have a choice.
 John Hinderaker / Power Line: 
Did Huma Commit Perjury?10 minutes ago
Discussion: alan.com, Vox, The Atlantic and Hot Air
i103.jpg Mallory Shelbourne / The Hill:   Clinton silent on FBI news at rally

Edited by william.scherk
"algorhythm." Really?

15 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

He or his staff always add their own gilding in the curation, and the slant is slanted hard.  Memeorandum uses a simpler algorithm to select its HOT NOW stories...

William,

The gilding is why people go to Drudge.

btw - He doesn't use an algorithm. His links are human curated.

Then the headlines are human gilded.

Michael

I've read several theories about the Comey letter to Congress and a leaked Comey memo to FBI staff. (1) still obstructing justice, running interference for Hillary, to throw "investigation" over Wikileaks smoking gun about to be released, (2) longer game to protect HIllary after she's elected, gets clean bill of health before she takes office, (3) some Deep State player has decided that Hillary is unstable or sick or dirty, and gave Comey orders to take her down, or (4) Comey is trying to put down a rebellion inside FBI, because senior field agents were about to go public.

In other news, left-leaning MOA has endorsed Trump.

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a very good discussion by Rush Limbaugh of Kim Dotcom:

Kim noticed:

btw - He's crowing, but he's playing it safe.

Michael

16 hours ago, Mikee said:

Sincere perhaps but lacks insight.

McAfee has a very specialized skill set, the FBI encompasses many specialties.  Not all are state of the art nor could they be, there will always be a lag, it is not the FBI's job to invent new technology.  Law enforcement is always improved by honest citizens willing to help.  The FBI is competent unless compromised by political action.

Keep in mind the FBI was attempting to compel Apple with 11 writs of assistance in order to get the company to act against its own interests. In other words for the sake of its own good outcome the FBI was willing to force Apple to compromise its product.

If thats not incompetence its at least an inability to think outside the box for an alternative solution and inefficient to go down another avenue completely leaving them with 2 unsolved troublesome issues while they were spread thin with the Clinton server investigation. It was only after Apple defended itself and slowed the FBI that it instead paid $1.3M to professional hackers to break the encryption. 

Comey himself said " Only facts matter, and the FBI found them here in an entirely apolitical and professional way".

What I meant by staggering incompetence is that the aforesaid claim of non political interference is meant to claim a fair and legitimate manner of conduct within the department. But its screwing up all over the place, in its interpretation of the law regarding HC and its handling of other sensitive matters which posed grave concerns for the digital communication industry. 

And to think, the election results might rest on a command line query the FBI wasnt able to summon up on its own. And its reasoned legal attempts to force Apple to divulge proprietary information might have solved one case while creating an insecure environment for every owner of an Iphone.

Were those all political involvement within an apolitical department?

This is probably the best interpretation Ive read. Nothing there folks, move along. )

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/james-comey

"From the first Comey has handled this like no other case remotely similar has ever been handled. His July statement and subsequent testimony may have made this letter inevitable. But the big picture has been a public litigation, shall we say, of an investigation which Comey said in July no reasonable prosecutor would have charged. Now what seems to have happened is that investigators found additional emails from the same private server which now need to be reviewed for classified material. For the reasons I noted in my earlier post, it does not seem likely that that will change the decision that was made in July. The quantity of emails that had whatever level of classified information was never the key factual question that drove the decision to recommend against prosecution. And yet, his way of announcing this has created a totally different impression."

14 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

What is MOA?

Moon of Alabama, a blog.  The top honcho there is "B."  The endorsement came with an article about the difference between the two candidates on foreign policy. Trump's Foreign Policy Is Sane While Clinton's Is Belligerent

Trump's economic policies would be catastrophic for many people in the U.S. and elsewhere. But Hillary Clinton would put her husband, the man who deregulated Wall Street, back in charge of the economy. What do people expect the results would be?

The points above may be obvious and one might be tempted to just pass them and dig into some nig-nagging of this or that election detail. But the above points as THE most important of any election. The welfare of the people is not decided with some "liberal" concession to this or that niche of the general society. The big issues count the most. Good or evil flow from them. Trumps principle, and I think personal position, is leaning towards peaceful resolution of conflicts. Clinton's preference is clearly, as her history shows, escalation and general belligerence. It is too risky to vote for her.

It is a pretty hard-nosed site, and it was one of the first to come out with skeptical analysis of the Zika virus/microcephaly link, which analysis seems pretty prophetic.  On some issues I consider their political stance to overwhelm their reporting -- especially on Syria.  They are in the Anti-Israel camp, and often find Jewish hands at work. Not that there's anything wrong with that.   They tend to take the Russian position on all geostrategic matters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.  They also take the Iranian side from time to time, on the Nuke file, and they take the line of the Baathist leader of Syria. .

See "Top Five Clinton Donors Are Jewish" - How Anti-Semitic Is This Fact?  and Assad Says The "Boy In The Ambulance" Is Fake - This Proves It

"B" called the election back in September:

There is some Hail Mary chance for the Democrats to still win. Immediately retire Clinton for medical reasons. Draft Sanders and offer Tulsi Gabbard the vice-presidency. Otherwise, I predict, Trump will win.

To what outcome?

Nobody knows. Electing Trump is a blind dart throw with unpredictable results. But that still feels better than to again see a Clinton in the White House.