George H. Smith

My AmazonReview of "The Reasonable Woman," allegedly by Wendy McElroy

Also, physical therapy really, really sucks.

Michael

Depends upon what you call physical therapy. I'm planning on some in a few minutes, and I must say I'm looking fondly forward to it.

rde

heh

Edited by Rich Engle

Basic illustration of problem involving coming on OL anonymous:

rde

Expect Nothing Fucqing Less.

Some time ago on this labyrinthine thread, I mentioned that I would be selling xerox copies of my original FOR transcript for $40. I printed up 10 copies and have sold 8 so far. Frankly, this was more trouble than it was worth, but since I still have two copies left, I am willing to sell those. After those are gone, I doubt if I will sell any more printed versions, given the hassles involved; instead, I will probably confine myself to selling and emailing the original Wordstar files from 1988.

The two FOR transcripts that I have left are copies of the manuscript that I printed in 1998, during the height of my public controversy with Wendy McElroy. The title page reads, in part:

Note: This is the original "Fundamentals of Reasoning" Manuscript. It is taken from a 5-1/4 floppy disk dated "Oct. 2, 1988." The original was in Wordstart 3.1, and has been converted to MS Word 6. Except for changing the double-spaced text into single spacing, nothing in the original has been altered. No effort has been made to correct typographical errors, misspellings, and the like.

For those who may have forgotten, this is the manuscript that Wendy claims to have completely erased from her hard drive in 1994, when she supposedly starting writing TRW "from scratch." Those of you with a copy of TRW will get a big laugh from this outrageous lie when you compare my FOR manuscript to TRW. Huge chunks were copied verbatim by Wendy, and most of the remainder was closely paraphrased. Indeed, I doubt if there is a single section in my FOR manuscript that Wendy did not appropriate in one form or another.

As I said, I only have two copies left. The $40 includes the UPS shipping fee, unless you live outside the U.S. The copies are numbered and signed by me. The single-spaced printout runs 98 pages.

If you are interested, please contact me offlist at: smikro@comcast.net.

Ghs

4 hours ago, Starbuckle said:

See Wendy McElroy's responses to many of the issues raised in this thread, including the sexual content, at her web site. The posts are listed on this page: http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php?cat.21

Are there any posts there in which she addresses the evidence that GHS has presented here -- the side-by-side comparisons? After a quick look at her site, I didn't see any. The issue is somewhat interesting, but not enough for me to wade through paragraph after paragraph of nonessential, irrelevant stuff. Can you provide some quotes from her site of anything pertinent to the substance of GHS's accusations and evidence?

On 10/3/2011 at 9:19 PM, George H. Smith said:

Some time ago on this labyrinthine thread, I mentioned that I would be selling xerox copies of my original FOR transcript for $40. I printed up 10 copies and have sold 8 so far. Frankly, this was more trouble than it was worth, but since I still have two copies left, I am willing to sell those. After those are gone, I doubt if I will sell any more printed versions, given the hassles involved; instead, I will probably confine myself to selling and emailing the original Wordstar files from 1988.

The two FOR transcripts that I have left are copies of the manuscript that I printed in 1998, during the height of my public controversy with Wendy McElroy. The title page reads, in part:

For those who may have forgotten, this is the manuscript that Wendy claims to have completely erased from her hard drive in 1994, when she supposedly starting writing TRW "from scratch." Those of you with a copy of TRW will get a big laugh from this outrageous lie when you compare my FOR manuscript to TRW. Huge chunks were copied verbatim by Wendy, and most of the remainder was closely paraphrased. Indeed, I doubt if there is a single section in my FOR manuscript that Wendy did not appropriate in one form or another.

As I said, I only have two copies left. The $40 includes the UPS shipping fee, unless you live outside the U.S. The copies are numbered and signed by me. The single-spaced printout runs 98 pages.

If you are interested, please contact me offlist at: smikro@comcast.net.

Ghs

Have you considered copying and pasting the document into a modern format? Maybe post it here, or convert it to a fairly universal format, like a PDF file, and upload it to any of the free storage sites/clouds etc.?

9 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Have you considered copying and pasting the document into a modern format? Maybe post it here, or convert it to a fairly universal format, like a PDF file, and upload it to any of the free storage sites/clouds etc.?

I don't want to fool around with this controversy any more. I am far too busy, and it would put me in a very bad mood. I have posted more than enough evidence to substantiate my claim of massive plagiarism, and Wendy has consistently refused to deal with any of the specifics. Instead she has played the victim, even going so far as to accuse me of hitting her in the face so hard as to cause partial blindness in one eye. This is a totally fabricated lie; I never touched Wendy (or any other person) in anger. True, she is partially blind in one eye, but she had that problem when I first met her in late 1975. I didn't learn about her problem until late May, 1977, when we attended the first showing of Star Wars at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. The word about the movie wasn't out yet, so the theater for the matinee was only around half-full. During the film, I noticed that Wendy kept covering up one eye, as if testing her vision. When I asked her about this after the film was over, she told me that her vision in one eye was very bad---the result, she said, of getting hit by her previous boyfriend (a Reichian therapist). I thought the guy was a creep so I didn't doubt her story. I insisted that she get checked out by a doctor, so I made an appointment at the Jules Stein Eye Clinic at UCLA and drove her there. Tests were taken, and she made another appointment to learn the results. The doctor told her that the eye damage was not the result of getting struck. It was a natural occurrence, a hemorrhage that could occur in her other eye as well, which would be disastrous. Wendy and I worried about this possibility for a long time, but the other eye remained fine.

Wendy has told so many vile lies that they fail to enrage me any longer. From living with her for years, I knew that she had a tendency to recount  highly selective versions of past events, but I never imagined that she would stoop to this kind of desperate, malicious attack. But, then, after she stole and published under her own name my 200-page manuscript on the Fundamentals of Reasoning, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Anyone who believes her stories is a damned fool.

Ghs

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Wolf DeVoon said:

Hahahahaha.

I don't see anything funny. Did you hear the one about the . . . . fill in the blank.