Mayberry Sheriff Dumbnik Interviewed last year on immigration

Selene

I am not clear on who made less sense in this interview, but I think the Sheriff wins.

"If someone you loved was murdered in broad daylight by a raving lunatic, how would you want your local law enforcement to proceed? The list of expectations might go something like this:

• Apprehend the suspect.
  • Prove he did it and find out how and why, by collecting evidence, talking to witnesses, interviewing his friends and family, etc.
  • Spend the whole day in front of any TV cameras that’ll hold still long enough, babbling about how Rush Limbaugh made the guy do it.

Sheriff Dupnik doesn’t seem like a very good law enforcement officer. Or person. Every day we’re finding out more and more about his ineptitude. Sheriff’s deputies paid repeated visits to the Loughner home. The killer had made previous death threats, and Dupnik knew about them. The killer’s classmates and teachers were terrified of him. He was throwing off lone-gunman vibes everywhere he went. And yet he was able to buy a gun and ammunition. How did all that happen right under Dupnik’s nose? How did somebody that screwed up fall through the cracks? Are we supposed to believe Sarah Palin is the one who missed all that? Did Glenn Beck somehow prevent Dupnik from doing his job? Was he too busy worrying about Bill O’Reilly?

And what’s the prosecutor supposed to do with this case, now that this bumbling idiot Dupnik has crapped all over it?

Well, he’s good enough for the Commander in Chief:

In a phone call this afternoon with Sheriff Dupnik, according to White House spokesman Nicholas Shapiro, the President “thanked him for his department’s efforts to respond to this incident and coordinate with the FBI and Director Mueller on the investigation.”

It’s true, Dupnik responded much the way Obama would if he could: find some scapegoats among one’s political enemies, blame them for everything to deflect attention from your own ineptitude, and repeat as often as possible.

I think Pima County is going to see a surge of newcomers who move there strictly to vote in the next election for sheriff. I’d say something about hoping Dupnik goes down in a hail of ballots, but we all know how literal-minded our friends on the left become when it suits them.

P.S. A friend of the killer speaks: “He did not watch TV. He disliked the news. He didn’t listen to political radio. He didn’t take sides. He wasn’t on the left. He wasn’t on the right.” Which matters only if you’re interested in the facts.

P.P.S. Pima County Sheriff’s Department, college won’t release data on suspect. Imagine that.

P.P.P.S. Associated Press:

A wildlife officer pulled over the suspect in the assassination attempt against an Arizona congresswoman less than three hours before the deadly attack, authorities said Wednesday as they pieced together more details of a frenzied morning.

Jared Lougher ran a red light but was let off with a warning at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, the Arizona Game and Fish Department said. The officer took Loughner’s driver’s license and vehicle registration information but found no outstanding warrants on Loughner or his vehicle.

Explain yourself, Palin."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/12/sheriff-dupnik-keeps-shooting-himself-in-the-foot-if-youll-excuse-the-irresponsibly-violent-rhetoric/#ixzz1B1ZJDq3t

He's my sheriff, unfortunately. Considering his age he won't be long and he probably has no real operational control over his sheriffhood. I'm grateful for his stupid statements; they go with all the other stupid statements made by the media left absent any facts to speak of in order to demonize their enemies, real and imagined. They're oblivious to the obviousness of it all.

--Brant

Brant:

From the fifty (50) pages of reports that Dumbfuk's office had on the shooter [alleged - LOL], he could be civilly liable for malfeasance or misfeasance at a minimum.

It has been reported that Arizona law is one of the most liberal in the nation for removing a mentally ill person from public society, but I have not had time to find that out yet.

Robert:

I think that the sheriff's behavior has a chance of setting up an intricate defense strategy that could get this character acquitted, or placed in a mental institution.

Adam

Michael,

Remember, the initial Obama administration response to the shooting was to send, not just the FBI, but BATF and Homeland Security. For all I know, they threw in the DEA and FEMA too.

I presume the others have left by now, but the FBI expects to do the investigating, and it doesn't want any bad publicity.

Robert Campbell

Robert,

I just had another thought, too.

Imagine all that info they are collecting on all sides of the immigration thing. I have no doubt they are collecting one hell of a database and thinking about how they are going to control folks with it.

Now, imagine Obama not getting reelected and all that info going right into the hands of the other party.

Do you think he's thinking about that?

Michael

Brant:

From the fifty (50) pages of reports that Dumbfuk's office had on the shooter [alleged - LOL], he could be civilly liable for malfeasance or misfeasance at a minimum.

It has been reported that Arizona law is one of the most liberal in the nation for removing a mentally ill person from public society, but I have not had time to find that out yet.

Robert:

I think that the sheriff's behavior has a chance of setting up an intricate defense strategy that could get this character acquitted, or placed in a mental institution.

Adam

If Loughner was under the influence of methamphetamine he's going to an interesting case when it completely washes out of his system in a few more days. I think he'll still be nuts but not homicidal nuts.

--Brant

Now, imagine Obama not getting reelected and all that info going right into the hands of the other party.

Michael,

I'm not convinced that Barack Obama takes seriously the prospect of not getting reelected.

Robert Campbell

Michael,

I'm not convinced that Barack Obama takes seriously the prospect of not getting reelected.

Robert Campbell

Robert:

His ego will not allow him to not demand to be re-elected. All the bull about not caring about it and being a great one term President is just that.

His "peeps" are moving as we type to raise one billion dollars. They are hitting their list of early contributors from the first campaign. Scheduling fund raisers for this Spring have already begun.

Plouffe and Axelrod should not be underestimated. His last campaign was the best technical campaign I have ever seen. The got an absolute non-entity elected with both houses of Congress to support his marxist agenda.

I do not under rate them for one nanosecond.

Adam

Michael,

Robert Campbell

It's not him. It's never been him except for the huge ego, skin color, liberal orientation, good speaking voice and willingness to serve--not you and me, btw. It's mostly the media.

--Brant

don't forget the wife

Michael,

Robert Campbell

Robert:

His ego will not allow him to not demand to be re-elected. All the bull about not caring about it and being a great one term President is just that.

His "peeps" are moving as we type to raise one billion dollars. They are hitting their list of early contributors from the first campaign. Scheduling fund raisers for this Spring have already begun.

Plouffe and Axelrod should not be underestimated. His last campaign was the best technical campaign I have ever seen. The got an absolute non-entity elected with both houses of Congress to support his marxist agenda.

I do not under rate them for one nanosecond.

Adam

Look at the "bright" side. Suppose he does run again in 2012 and suppose, further, that he does win (how dreadful!). He won't be back for a third term.

I must say, that unfortunate massacre in Tuscon was a windfall for Lord Obama. Such is fortune. Good or Ill it comes and goes at it does please.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Well it looks like Sheriff Dumbfuck has prompted a recall effort:

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik has never lost an election, but that was before his remarks assigning blame for the deadly Tucson, Ariz., shooting to political "vitriol" and calling Arizona "a mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Now it's Sheriff Dupnik who finds himself on the public-opinion hot seat. A group opposed to illegal immigration has begun an effort to recall the sheriff in a special election. Meanwhile, a Pima County tea party group is planning on holding a "Dump Dupnik" rally next week outside his office.

"I haven't been a fan of Dupnik's for a long time, but this really was the straw that broke the camel's back," said Tom Rompel, co-owner of Black Weapons Armory in Tucson. "He's law enforcement. We expect 'the facts, ma'am,' not his opinion. He leans far left, always has, and frankly, people have had enough."

Not that the sheriff should worry about turning in his badge just yet. Sheriff Dupnik has won election eight times, and he's a Democrat in a Democrat-majority county. While some constituents were appalled by his comments, others have applauded his forthright indictment of the state's political climate.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/20/outspoken-tucson-sheriff-faces-recall-bid/print/

and

n the wake of the tragic shootings in Tucson, Ariz., Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik became an unlikely spokesperson for the left as he pointed the finger of blame at the right and conservatives’ “vitriolic rhetoric” for the acts of madman. Dupnik1.jpgKGUN

Sheriff Dupnik has never lost an election, but after trying to tie public figures such as Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh to the shootings and calling Arizona a “mecca for prejudice and bigotry,” some are hoping to disrupt the Democrat’s winning streak.

A group opposed to illegal immigration has begun an effort to recall the sheriff in a special election, the Washington Times reports. Additionally, a Pima County tea party group is planning a “Dump Dupnik” campaign rally to be held outside the sheriff’s office next week.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/recall-campaign-seeks-to-oust-outspoken-az-sheriff/

A recall election.

That's the kind of attention Dupnik deserves.

Robert Campbell

True, but he'll die in office. Pima is not Maricopa County. Considering his age and ostensible physical condition, it probably won't be all that long.

--Brant

• 3 weeks later...

I suffered through as much of that as I could stand. Jon Justice is an aggressive loudmouth. (Rush Limbaugh sounds the same to me.) The sheriff should presumably have some skills at public speaking, but the shock jock does it every day for hours. And the radio host has control of the connection and the gain. He can outshout you and if he is in danger of losing, say, "You are an idiot. My listeners do not have time for you. <Click>" Talk radio is entertaining to some, apparently, but I fail to appreciate it.

I also must object to the allusion to "Mayberry" in the title. Sheriff Andy Taylor was smart and benevolent. His deputy was not so smart, but still nice. Goto YouTube and search "danny thomas andy griffith pilot."

Sheriff Dupnik's points were well-made. I understand the law in question. I read it. It only requires that law enforcment officials enforce the law. Seems simple. What happens on the street is always an interpersonal exchange and it is never the same twice. No two people are the same. That includes law enforcement officers. Some will interpret their orders as the sheriff does; others will take it as carte blanche to victimize Hispanics. Most will fall somewhere in the middle.

As for "illegal immigration" does anyone here actually think that a bad law should be enforced?

Should we get IRS Director Douglas H. Shulman on the radio to that a bully can demand to know why he does not enforce the law more vigorously?