AZ mourning service gear

pippi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step right up, ladies and gentleman, the tragedy campaign tour starts right here…Indians, poetry readings, visual aid gimmick made out of public letters, he’s managed to turn a memorial service into a three-ring circus…a logo and slogan for a memorial service? Really? And “Together We Thrive”? Just another coded political slogan for his upcoming political “tragedy agenda”, having nothing to do with mourning or a tribute to the victims, and worse, clearly, he’s debuting his replacement slogan for “Yes We Can”.

more at http://patdollard.com/2011/01/unmasked-obama-coming-to-tucson-to-campaign-not-support-mourners-sham-exposed-see-the-tragedy-campaign-slogan-and-wait-for-it-logo/

Edited by pippi

This is wrong in so many ways-it is tacky, heartless, embarrassing and kind of sick.

They should have just slapped a picture of a sheep on each shirt.

r51761037.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=OifOdU6giu2Orl0uklUQMQ--

No, you,

Mr. Too-Cowardly-to-Identify-Yourself,

you are the one wrong.

I love this forum-it's so warm and cozy. :rolleyes:

Step right up, ladies and gentleman, the tragedy campaign tour starts right here…Indians, poetry readings, visual aid gimmick made out of public letters, he’s managed to turn a memorial service into a three-ring circus…a logo and slogan for a memorial service? Really? And “Together We Thrive”? Just another coded political slogan for his upcoming political “tragedy agenda”, having nothing to do with mourning or a tribute to the victims, and worse, clearly, he’s debuting his replacement slogan for “Yes We Can”.

more at http://patdollard.com/2011/01/unmasked-obama-coming-to-tucson-to-campaign-not-support-mourners-sham-exposed-see-the-tragedy-campaign-slogan-and-wait-for-it-logo/

Ms Pantihose (well, as Mr Boydstun indicates, you don't seem to have a surname so I thought I would help you out).

Lincoln could have used the Gettysburg Address in his campaign platform.If you were around then, I suppose you would have pointed that out at his funeral.

Ms Pantihose (well, as Mr Boydstun indicates, you don't seem to have a surname so I thought I would help you out).

Lincoln could have used the Gettysburg Address in his campaign platform.If you were around then, I suppose you would have pointed that out at his funeral.

Quick let me put my full real name on my account ASAP - you are all friends after all. :rolleyes:

Man why dont you wet rags leave me be? If you dont like me dont read my posts or respond.

Thanks!

btw I guess you take no offense re: topic of this post?

and if not-why?

(Believe it or not my intent was not to start a let's beat on pippi thread-again)

Pippi,

I could do without the T-shirts and other paraphernalia, but who cares? The worst that can be said is that they are inane or saccharine.

I don't see any sneaky Obama campaigning in his speech last night.

There will be real Obama campaigning soon enough. Let's remain cognizant of the distinction.

Robert Campbell

I don't find it morally wrong so much as really, really, creepy. The t-shirts send a message and force the expression of artificial solidarity. There is definitely an unhealthy acceptance of group think going on.

Palin's speech about the shooting she spends a lot of time talking about how America is a Light unto the Nations, an exceptional people who can overcome all tragedy, etc etc. Has the economic crises made Americans so insecure that they now require cuddling at every turn?

Obama's rise to the presidency seems similar. Empty rhetoric which reassures the community that it is safe when it is anything but, united when it is critically fractured.

Somewhat related to this trend is Chris Hedges' book, "Empire of Illusion". It is an exploration of the American flight into fantasy in the wake of the economic melt down, deracination of the working class, and steady erosion of American values.

A long but interesting Hedges interview

Edited by Joel Mac Donald

Joel-you are right it is more creepy than any other adjective. I guess our tax dollars also paid for all those t shirts and pamphlets.

I will read the link and check out the book as well, I find the subject fascinating.

I dont understand why these types of things don't bother people more...guess it is part of the problem.

p.s. does anyone find it unsettling all the hugging that Obama does? It seems undignified, what happened to handshaking?

Editing to add-what can we DO about this? A question I asked in the 'calm down' thread that remains unanswered.

Edited by pippi

Pippi,

I gather that the T-shirts weren't Obama's idea; the President of the University of Arizona was behind them. The same academic administrator introduced speakers in a way that made the event more like a pep rally.

Academic administrators are known for these kinds of things, I'm afraid to say.

Joel,

The kind of rhetoric employed by Sarah Palin isn't new. It's been in use since the American Revolution. Not always appropriately and not always sincerely, but that's another story.

Robert Campbell

Pippi,

I gather that the T-shirts weren't Obama's idea; the President of the University of Arizona was behind them. The same academic administrator introduced speakers in a way that made the event more like a pep rally.

Academic administrators are known for these kinds of things, I'm afraid to say.

Robert Campbell

Thanks for clarifying that Robert but the President could have said 'um this tacky' and taken them away no?

pippi

(still waiting for my Fort Hood memorial T shirt and cap - and the coveted coffee mug)

This is wrong in so many ways-it is tacky, heartless, embarrassing and kind of sick.

A mourning LOGO, Tshirt and pamphlet?

They should have just slapped a picture of a sheep on each shirt.

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg?x=400&y=260&q=85&sig=N.QAYDWiArwIBAgBew2bkw--

r51761037.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=OifOdU6giu2Orl0uklUQMQ--

r3825686531.jpg?x=400&y=277&q=85&sig=1oH4fOeqkiDjP9t9KJbEOA--

Ms Pantihose:

I've noticed that this site sells Galt T-shirts and other Rand gear.

Can I assume that you would forbear to display such symbols on an occasion where it would offend your innate non-tackiness?

p.s. does anyone find it unsettling all the hugging that Obama does? It seems undignified, what happened to handshaking?

I find it troubling and indicative of something even more troubling. I mean, the whole idea of a leader hugging, whew, creepy. At all the funerals I have been to, there has been a sign on the coffin -- No HUGGIN. And at memorial services, well, the best thing is just not to get too close to anyone. If they make a move to hug you, put your hand up and firmly push them away. Then offer to shake a hand. But not too warmly. Basically the idea is to distance yourself from physical contact with people in times of sorrow.

Editing to add-what can we DO about this? A question I asked in the 'calm down' thread that remains unanswered.

Well, you could start with a Letter To The Editor. With the blue crayons.

deer editor how come obama hugs people-i don't like it and it makes him look undignified and what ever happened to hand shaking?i asked this on theinternets and nobody answered me do you know howcome please rightback i;m really mad and i don't know why nobody cares

ms prissy mcbasement suite

tinyheart, dumbfuckville newhampshire

Edited by william.scherk

I know what Pippi and Joel are feeling.

It's the warning bells that go off inside you when an event that involves strong emotion is used to get people to chant political slogans of a collectivist nature. I am deeply suspicious of them on principle.

What I see looks an awful lot like a technique in action and one form of consent engineering in the finest Bernays tradition.

I can't say whether it was done as a manipulation of Obama's political machine (who knows what goes on in the back rooms?), but I suspect not, given his speech.

Still, I am one who finds the engineered consent spooky. It is probably benign in this case (and I hope it is), but tell that to those warning bells clanging in my mind.

There have been just been too many dirty tricks by politicians in collusion with media over the last few years to feel otherwise.

Michael

Damn, I kind of know how Sarah Palin feels when I come on this board.

daunce cant you form a proper post? It's time to take that extra a out of your name you dont need it - ty

What a bunch of snot nosed inconsequentials here (there are about 4or 5 exceptions but that is all I can see and I appreciate all 4-5 of you).

I ask you all again - if you don't like ME or my posts - dont read them or REPLY to them mmm kay?

I must get under you all's skin somehow I guess-I kind of like that B)

I know what Pippi and Joel are feeling.

It's the warning bells that go off inside you when an event that involves strong emotion is used to get people to chant political slogans of a collectivist nature. I am deeply suspicious of them on principle.

What I see looks an awful lot like a technique in action and one form of consent engineering in the finest Bernays tradition.

I can't say whether it was done as a manipulation of Obama's political machine (who knows what goes on in the back rooms?), but I suspect not, given his speech.

Still, I am one who finds the engineered consent spooky. It is probably benign in this case (and I hope it is), but tell that to those warning bells clanging in my mind.

There have been just been too many dirty tricks by politicians in collusion with media over the last few years to feel otherwise.

Michael

Thank you Michael-I hear the bells too.

Obama must have know before hand about the logo and shirts-he could have stopped it. Did they hand out shirts at the Fort Hood memorial? No. Was it even televised? Twice as many people died in that tragedy.

Edited by pippi

Well, you could start with a Letter To The Editor. With the blue crayons.

deer editor how come obama hugs people-i don't like it and it makes him look undignified and what ever happened to hand shaking?i asked this on theinternets and nobody answered me do you know howcome please rightback i;m really mad and i don't know why nobody cares

ms prissy mcbasement suite

tinyheart, dumbfuckville newhampshire

You are bitter little man arent you?

Why don't you turn that frown upside down? LOL

Edited by pippi

Pippi,

I misspoke about Obama's memorial speech. I was going on the reports of many people I respect (on TV and off).

I am listening to the speech now just to make sure and I need to stop and make a correction.

Obama's speech per se is fine so far. But the sports-arena like cheering and whistling that punctuates it from the public is creeping me out.

In French opera in the 1800's, a profession came into being called the claque. This was a person with big arms and hands paid by a singer to clap vigorously whenever that singer was on stage. He would thus get people to clap with him and make the singer look good.

I can practically hear the claques during Obama's speech. This is way beyond enthusiasm. This stuff looks too much like crowd manipulation by ringers for comfort. And, in my world, it is not appropriate during the political equivalent of a funeral speech.

Michael

EDIT: I am about 10 minutes into the speech and to Obama's credit, he managed to get the festive atmosphere under control. A few times he barged right across the applause, which helped a lot.

Michael, Pippi, etc:

I knew that slogan looked familiar. Plus the color was that Plouffe and Axelrod PR machine's choice.

There are virtually no coincidences around one of the most carefully scripted Presidents in US history...O'biwan used this slogan in 2008.

"Together We Thrive By John Berry IV - Feb 11, 2008 12:49:37 AM ET Also listed in: Collin County for Obama | Obama Dallas For too long Americans have been set one against the other, it is a side affect of a free market society. How can profits be maximized, how can I get the work done for the lowest possible costs. This continually sets one group against the other, especially in the blue collar sectors of America. It has become a part of the American Business model, whether it was indentured servants, slaves picking cotton, sharecroppers, the industrious people that built the railroads or todays migrant workers. As long as we remain divided, fighting for the scraps that America has to offer it will be one group against the other.

What I see in Obama is a chance for a revolution. A chance for every group to participate and be heard; A chance to live the American dream that has been denied to so many. Together we can and will change the world and return America to the shining beacon of Hope and Prosperity that we were and that we can be again. Only when we work together do we accomplish feats that rival any ever accomplished in the history of mankind. Diversity is our strength, that is what this campaign brings us a promise of. For many this is a scary prospect and thought, getting to know someone different from myself. We all want the same basic things for example a safe place to live, health and a quality education for our kids.

In a previous career, I was the global leader of Diversity for a global fortune 500 corporation, I have studied the affects of diverse groups working together and the results can not be denied. Together we Thrive!!!!!!!!!!! "

One neck for one chain!

Adam

Edited by Selene

Michael, Pippi, etc:

I knew that slogan looked familiar. Plus the color was that Plouffe and Axelrod PR machine's choice.

There are virtually no coincidences around one of the most carefully scripted Presidents in US history...O'biwan used this slogan in 2008. We all want the same basic things for example a safe place to live, health and a quality education for our kids.

In a previous career, I was the global leader of Diversity for a global fortune 500 corporation, I have studied the affects of diverse groups working together and the results can not be denied. Together we Thrive!!!!!!!!!!! "

One neck for one chain!

Adam

WOW

That is pretty scary, thank you Adam for finding this (sort of).

What can we do about this? I guess just being aware of it is helpful.

(I am afraid to go on website with .gov or the obama site you listed-I dont want any of those cookies dropped into my pc.)

Pippi:

You are quite welcome.

Although paranoia is a healthy state of mind...lol.

If they wanted access to your computer, they would just take it.

I view anything that I say and or write as being acquirable by the state if they wanted it.

There is no de facto privacy, just the veneer of de jure [legal] privacy.

Adam

Pippi:

You are quite welcome.

Although paranoia is a healthy state of mind...lol.

If they wanted access to your computer, they would just take it.

I view anything that I say and or write as being acquirable by the state if they wanted it.

There is no de facto privacy, just the veneer of de jure [legal] privacy.

Adam

True true-I canceled keeping my phone # unlisted for the same reason (why pay for something that is basically worthless?)

I'll post it here soon so all my buddies can give me a call :P

Edited by pippi

I just finished watching the speech.

Obama didn't really get rid of the festive atmosphere. He used it.

He played that crowd like an accordion, letting air in and pushing it out.

I noticed the air coming back in when he led the clapping for those who had a part in combating the massacre. Then he pushed it back out again.

He did this a few times.

I have no doubt what he his real rhetorical goal was. He "let the air in" with gradually increasing doses of festivity and/or poignancy until the big climax where he said he wanted to live up to the vision for America of a child, the one who died.

The crowd went wild and and he let the sports-arena cheering and whistling wash over him like a cooling rainfall on a hot dusty day.

Man, I don't know what to do about those damn warning bells in my head.

And then throughout the speech, Obama made all those calls to altruism and selflessness as if they came right out of Atlas Shrugged.

(shaking head like a wet dog..)

Whew! I need to get my head back into my work. This stuff messes with me...

Michael

Jon Stewart adds his commentary on the tut-tutting:

For the citizens of the land of the free:

<embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:371002' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed>

For the collectivist also-rans in Royal Soviet Canuckistan:

http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/full-episodes/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart---january-13-2011/#clip399109