Garbage from someone who doesn't like it here

rhsuperfly

I think one of the best arguments against getting involved with Objectivism can be deduced from noting the pissy character of the majority of posts at Objective Living. In this thread, only the post of Michael Marrota (26 Sept 07) stood out as different - normal, gentlemanly.

I know your type, Objectivist hissy pissers. Others know you type too, and we talk about y'all when you're not around. You are a type, and your type determines your perspectives. You likely do not have some kind of "urge for truth" or "reality", as you claim, and if such existed it would only be a trait, with no particular gilding.

Normal people who make the world go 'round, who invent things and make art and music and commerce conduct themselves quite differently, more civilized, less childish. I know of a man in India, a minister from delhi, who is an atheist and member of CPM party (Communist Party Marxist), who is such a gentleman, so well spoken, so smooth, even elegant, that I would like to be his pupil. He was sent last year with a few others by PM Manmohan Singh to mediate the Kashmir crisis (Hindu vs. Muslim) which was getting quite out of control (over 100 killed in a few months). He and his team seemed to have been effective, as the violence subsided soon after. That man as skills - he deals with realities as a gentleman.

If the Objectivists at Objective Living represent Objectivists generally, then I have to conclude that diplomacy is not an important part of the program.

Infantile egoism - that seems to be the mark of an Objectivist. I can't stand to be here - the smell of urine is offensive. I think I will go now and read the newspapers of India - far more interesting and real.

I peeled this pearl of wisdom off from another discussion.

Notice to this poster. Stop the crap.

You don't have to be here if you want to act like a kindergarten child..

Cheers.

Michael

EDIT: For the readers, this guy tut-tuts a lot about India, but his IP resolves right into the heart of LA in good ole California. Just keepin' it real...

I'd love to sit rhsuperfly and Marotta together at a dinner party and watch them try to one-up each other all evening. Even if the food and drink were vile, it would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.