The motives of Wikileaks' Julian Assange

sjw

Glenn Beck presented the same info on his television show this evening. Even though Beck is very anti-Assange, he thinks the rape allegations are BS and possibly a conspiracy.

Ghs

You watch Glenn Beck? That's it, you've totally destroyed my image of you. ;)

Shayne

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn Beck presented the same info on his television show this evening. Even though Beck is very anti-Assange, he thinks the rape allegations are BS and possibly a conspiracy.

Ghs

You watch Glenn Beck? That's it, you've totally destroyed my image of you. ;)

Shayne

Shayne:

You do not watch or listen to Glenn Beck? That's it, you've totally confirmed my image of you. 14517247.1biggrin.gif

Adam

"Live with the WikiLeakable world or shut down the net. It's your choice"

http://www.guardian....live-with-leaks

You can shut down the net, but not leaks as these. The Pentagon Papers came out when? 1969? It's just easier and easier. Too much crap is classified secret and top secret. If they kept out the crap in the first place they could better protect the important stuff.

--Brant

You can shut down the net, but not leaks as these. The Pentagon Papers came out when? 1969? It's just easier and easier. Too much crap is classified secret and top secret. If they kept out the crap in the first place they could better protect the important stuff.

--Brant

There you go. Being logical again.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am glad to see text that is not jumbled. I was wondering if a defender of Wikileaks was attacking Objectivist Living. I needed to get a new pass word. The system did not recognize me. After this letter I will log out and try to log in again.

Shine wrote:

What deranged moral principle that you hold permits you to make up slanderous lies like this?

And Brant answered for me:

The moral principle of getting away with it.

Well said Brant. Remember, it was a parody. I was supposedly speaking to sad sack Ass-ant on his cell phone, as he sat in his cell in solitary.

I posed two questions to Jules . . . and then made up his answers. It was a lot of fun.

You watch – Ass-ant will get even with those two women by posting a description of their night together which includes a partially truthful account and some made-up stuff about how awful the women were in bed.

Peter

Here's another exercise for poor Pete:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2010/12/152291.htm

"And Mr. Assange obviously has a particular political objective behind his activities, and I think that, among other things, disqualifies him as being considered a journalist."

Exercise: Identify the essential meaning and purpose of the First Amendment as interpreted by a person advocating the above.

Shayne

• 7 years later...

Pierre Omidyar, founder of PayPal [rather Ebay, see post below], may have created “The Intercept” to control the Snowden leaks, to continue the banking blockade against WikiLeaks, and to create a trap for whistleblowers. See this article by Whitney Webb based on work by Sibel Edmonds.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Pierre Omidyar, founder of PayPal...

Mark,

A nitpick. From the article you linked to (at the bottom).

Correction: a previous version of this article stated that Pierre Omidyar is a co-founder of PayPal. While he did not found PayPal, he acquired it when eBay bought PayPal in 2002.

Michael