TSA Agents Absolutely Hate New Patdowns, Find Them . . .

Rich Engle

http://www.techdirt....-breaking.shtml

Hey, for all you lonely disenfranchised dweeb-oh's, here's a wonderful way to work off that pesky libido problem! I particularly like the part about fat-roll testing. It only hurts when I, uh . . . (author breaks down at this point and considers giving up prose). And you know what? You should be disgusted at yourself. Oh, I know, work is work, a job is a job, but if you are so lame to not understand the onset of fascism, and become compliant to it; to not know that you are going to be eaten, well, at the least don't complain about your position. "I didn't sign up for this!" Fuck yeah. Behold the fury.

TSA Agents Absolutely Hate New Pat Downs, Find Them Disgusting And Morale Breaking

from the this-is-what-you-get-with-security-theater dept

One of the common themes that people keep mentioning in talking about the new TSA pat down procedures is that those involved must "enjoy" the groping they're giving people. But, of course, most TSA agents are normal every day people who don't actually want to grope random people.Chris Tolles points us to a post from BoardingArea.com, who reached out to some TSA agents and found that many TSA agents hate the new rules and find it to be sapping morale to have to grope passengers. Some of it appears to be the verbal abuse they're getting from travelers, but some of it is just the fact that they have to keep touching people they'd rather not touch in that way:

"It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man's private parts, their butt, their inner thigh. Even worse is having to try and feel inside the flab rolls of obese passengers and we seem to get a lot of obese passengers!"

Of course, it does seem like a lot of the "morale" part comes from everyone accusing them of molesting them. I recognize, they're not the ones making policy, but many of the people being groped do feel violated and it's not surprising that many of them speak out.

"Molester, pervert, disgusting, an embarrassment, creep. These are all words I have heard today at work describing me, said in my presence as I patted passengers down. These comments are painful and demoralizing, one day is bad enough, but I have to come back tomorrow, the next day and the day after that to keep hearing these comments. If something doesn't change in the next two weeks I don't know how much longer I can withstand this taunting. I go home and I cry. I am serving my country, I should not have to go home and cry after a day of honorably serving my country."

This is going to be a serious problem for the TSA if it doesn't figure out something quick. So far, the TSA seems to be in near absolute denial that this is actually a problem, but if these TSA responses are indicative of how most TSA agents feel, there are going to be a lot fewer security people at airports very, very soon.

Of course... it could be true that at least some of those actually are enjoying the process. Reader Lance point us to (an admittedly hearsay) story of a pilot traveling with his 18-year old daughter. As they approached the naked image scanner, the pilot overheard a TSA agent say into his radio: "heads up, got a cutie for you." One of the points the TSA has been making is that the folks looking at the images are off in another room somewhere, unable to see the people -- but they are in contact with those at the security checkpoint, and you'd have to imagine this kind of thing happens.

Edited by Rich Engle

Ahh yes...

I was only following orders...

All I did was throw the switch at the train junction...I did not drive the train to Buchenwald...

We are getting real close to that tipping point.

Adam

I'm thinking about not flying anymore, and the hell of it is I might have to do that for the film (LA), or NY (family). Makes me want to pay it forward and really debauch/marinate for a few days--get all gnarly. That would clear a few seats--there's nothing like an unbathed, unshaved Florida guy that has some additional weird scent coming off him that can't be identified as alcohol; you get thrown out for that. WD40, or something to finalize the caramelization process.

Despicable - this entire personal Constitutional violation must be resisted at all costs.

A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news/

Adam

Do they really hate it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!!!...

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1261478&showID=61&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com?vty=fromWidget_Video&dst=nbc|widget|NBC Video&__source=nbc|widget|NBC Video"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1261478&showID=61&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com?vty=fromWidget_Video&dst=nbc|widget|NBC Video&__source=nbc|widget|NBC Video" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

:)

Michael

Jack Webb shows us how to deal with TSA agents who grope children...

In the comment threads I've visited online about reports to do with the TSA scanning-and-groping, most commenters think what they're being subjected to is wrong and offensive. But there are always a few who say, "Look, if the alternative is being blown out of the sky by terrorists, I'm all FOR IT. Go AHEAD and zoom in on my privates. That's a minor inconvenience compared to being BLOWN OUT OF THE SKY."

I have never yet been offered an alternative between two flights to my destination, one which I can board after dealing with the rude and mentally underprivileged minions of the TSA but which will be exempt from terrorist assualt, and another which I can board without having to submit to the TSA goons but which is scheduled to be blown out of the sky by terrorists before it lands.

Of course, the persons who see these two as the only possible options--being sexually assualted in public by government thugs, or blown out of the sky by terrorists--are probably not open to discussion of alternative methods of shoring up security that include sanity and respect for the rights and dignity of fellow human beings. As long as the government slaps a sticker saying FOR YOUR SECURITY on a practice, no matter how vile that practice may be, these collaborators are all for it.

Edited by Starbuckle

Rand always stressed that the appeasement of evil makes it possible. The people who cry, "I was just following orders," are worse than those who actually give the orders.

And people like who say this: "Look, if the alternative is being blown out of the sky by terrorists, I'm all FOR IT. Go AHEAD and zoom in on my privates. That's a minor inconvenience compared to being BLOWN OUT OF THE SKY." are even worse.

Rand always stressed that the appeasement of evil makes it possible. The people who cry, "I was just following orders," are worse than those who actually give the orders.

And people like who say this: "Look, if the alternative is being blown out of the sky by terrorists, I'm all FOR IT. Go AHEAD and zoom in on my privates. That's a minor inconvenience compared to being BLOWN OUT OF THE SKY." are even worse.

Chris:

The question is, are you willing to face being arrested, a ten thousand dollar [$10,000.00] fine and possible physical injury from a pack of TSA thugs?

Adam

This was inevitable:

A 47 year old gay man was arrested at San Francisco International Airport after ejaculating while being patted down by a male TSA agent. Percy Cummings, an interior designer from San Francisco, is being held without bail after the alleged incident, charged with sexually assaulting a Federal agent.

According to Cummings' partner, Sergio Armani, Cummings has "multiple piercings on his manhood" which were detected during a full body scan. As a result, Cummings was pulled aside for a pat-down. Armani stated that the unidentified TSA agent spent "an inordinate amount of time groping" Cummings, who had apparently become sexually aroused. Cummings, who has a history of sexual dysfunction, ejaculated while the TSA agent's hand was feeling the piercings. The TSA agent, according to several witnesses, promptly called for back up. Cummings was thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

A TSA spokesperson declined to comment on this specifc case, but said that anyone ejaculating during a pat-down would be subject to arrest.

America, I love you

Ba'al Chatzaf

This was inevitable:

A 47 year old gay man was arrested at San Francisco International Airport after ejaculating while being patted down by a male TSA agent. Percy Cummings, an interior designer from San Francisco, is being held without bail after the alleged incident, charged with sexually assaulting a Federal agent.

According to Cummings' partner, Sergio Armani, Cummings has "multiple piercings on his manhood" which were detected during a full body scan. As a result, Cummings was pulled aside for a pat-down. Armani stated that the unidentified TSA agent spent "an inordinate amount of time groping" Cummings, who had apparently become sexually aroused. Cummings, who has a history of sexual dysfunction, ejaculated while the TSA agent's hand was feeling the piercings. The TSA agent, according to several witnesses, promptly called for back up. Cummings was thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

A TSA spokesperson declined to comment on this specifc case, but said that anyone ejaculating during a pat-down would be subject to arrest.

America, I love you

Ba'al Chatzaf

"Sergio Armani?" That sounds questionable. . . But still, to have footage of that would be. . .disturbing. I wonder if they exchanged phone numbers?

This was inevitable:

America, I love you

Ba'al Chatzaf

"Sergio Armani?" That sounds questionable. . . But still, to have footage of that would be. . .disturbing. I wonder if they exchanged phone numbers?

I suspect this item came from a bogus "news source". It wasn't from Daily Onion. Are there any other spoof bogus news sites?

Ba'al Chatzaf

This was inevitable:

America, I love you

Ba'al Chatzaf

I suspect this item came from a bogus "news source". It wasn't from Daily Onion. Are there any other spoof bogus news sites?

Ba'al Chatzaf

It's all over the place--I too wonder about its origin. I hope it is fake, because doing that is a good way to put somebody's eye out, and shouldn't be encouraged.

Edited by Rich Engle