NH: Free Staters win 10 seats in legislature

RidleyReport

Liberty migrants achieve a next gain of 6 in New Hampshire's state house.

This total counts only people who are officially Free Staters, i.e. they signed the Free State Project's letter of intent and moved to New Hampshire for more liberty. Another 30 to 50 long-time-resident libertarians are thought to have won seats in last night's electio

Liberty migrants achieve a next gain of 6 in New Hampshire's state house.

This total counts only people who are officially Free Staters, i.e. they signed the Free State Project's letter of intent and moved to New Hampshire for more liberty. Another 30 to 50 long-time-resident libertarians are thought to have won seats in last night's electio

I used to think the FSP was a joke. Not quite out of the joke column yet, but close.

The numbers would be higher but we have to wait two years before running in statewide elections. So the pool of people we had to draw on was only the folks that moved during the first 3 years after NH was selected for QuasiGulching.

We should be able to run maybe 2x as many candidates in 2012, although for some reason it seems like the numbers elected triple each session.

The numbers would be higher but we have to wait two years before running in statewide elections. So the pool of people we had to draw on was only the folks that moved during the first 3 years after NH was selected for QuasiGulching.

We should be able to run maybe 2x as many candidates in 2012, although for some reason it seems like the numbers elected triple each session.

The problem with the FSP as I can see is that it is way to anarchist. Perhaps it is not nearly as anarchist as it appears but to many who like the concept of the FSP, I have reservations due to my distaste for Anarchy. A minimal state is needed.

The problem with the FSP as I can see is that it is way to anarchist. Perhaps it is not nearly as anarchist as it appears but to many who like the concept of the FSP, I have reservations due to my distaste for Anarchy. A minimal state is needed.

Where do you see anarchy here? From what I've read, they are holding the government to it's consitutional obligation where the maximum role of the government is to the protection of life, liberty, and property. This comes straight from their 2005 mission statment. (Free State Project)

~ Shane

Where do you see anarchy here? From what I've read, they are holding the government to it's consitutional obligation where the maximum role of the government is to the protection of life, liberty, and property. This comes straight from their 2005 mission statment. (Free State Project)

~ Shane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5zGZ75v4jE&feature=player_embedded

I give you free Grafton as an example.

Alson an article http://www.freestateproject.org/news/media_archive/0191.php

Trying to Organize Anarchy in our day. There can be no denial that there is a strong anarchist element in the FSP.

Even if you were to assume that all the Free Staters were philosophical anarchists...

The results of their activism would still be tempered by the activism of those who already lived here. Once thus averaged out, the Free Staters' impact would simply be to slow or temporarily reverse the long growth of government.

There is no danger of the ball rolling out of control uphill.

Even if you were to assume that all the Free Staters were philosophical anarchists...

The results of their activism would still be tempered by the activism of those who already lived here. Once thus averaged out, the Free Staters' impact would simply be to slow or temporarily reverse the long growth of government.

There is no danger of the ball rolling out of control uphill.

I do not assume all free staters are anarchists. I am simply uncomfortable with the number of anarchists which appear to be involved in the FSP. I judge a man by the company he keeps.