The Colbert Rally got a good crowd

BaalChatzaf

I am delighted to see (and say) good humor has not died in this troubled country. Americans can still get a good laugh about our woes. Contrast this to the Russians who could not manage more than sardonic acceptance of what evil befell them.

As long as we have and keep a sense of humor there is hope for the future.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I saw several estimates putting at 200,000. That is a big enough crowd.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am delighted to see (and say) good humor has not died in this troubled country. Americans can still get a good laugh about our woes. Contrast this to the Russians who could not manage more than sardonic acceptance of what evil befell them.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Heh! Russians DO have a sense of humor:

Ba'al Chatzaf

Heh! Russians DO have a sense of humor:

Yes there was a lot of laughter on the Gulag Borscht circuit!

Actually, the "Cowboys" are a Finnish group, but that is kind of a Russian satellite.

Adam

Robert:

Thank you for the comparison shots. Question, I am not orienting properly, the Beck photo is facing the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Memorial at the bottom around the Reflecting Pool.

The Colbert/Stewart Rally is facing the Capitol Building and there is no Reflecting Pool. I cannot seem to make a comparison in my mind, clearly my perceptual problem,

Can you help me clarify this, please.

Adam

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes, a bunch of cynics and clowns. Sounds like the Berlin theater in Weimar Germany.

cabaret_l.jpg

We are saved!

Edited by Ted Keer

Yes, a bunch of cynics and clowns. Sounds like the Berlin theater in Weimar Germany.

cabaret_l.jpg

We are saved!

That Caberet degeneracy is a hell of a lot better than -Tomorrow Belongs to Me-.

Ba'al Chatzaf

If your vision of tomorrow is realistic, rational, optimistic and doesn't involve the initiating of force to accomplish your goals what is wrong with saying 'tomorrow belongs to me (or to my idea)'?

Do you know what scene from -Caberet- I was referring to?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Don't tell them Obama is a Keynesian!

Obama was born in Hawaii!

It's been proven!

He's an American!

:)

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Maybe some other highlights from the rally coming later.

Don't tell them Obama is a Keynesian!

Obama was born in Hawaii!

It's been proven!

He's an American!

:)

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Maybe some other highlights from the rally coming later.

Michael:

Back in the late 60' early 70's we were toying with the idea of putting out rolling papers with the candidates info/picture, etc. to reach a certain niche in the electorate, but we decided not to because:

1) there was a decent chance that our target voter would forget what day the election was;

2) if they did remember, they would forget our candidates name while in the booth with all those cool looking levers and colors; and finally,

3) if they successfully accomplished getting there and casting the right vote, there was a good chance they would disenfranchise themselves because the bar that opened and closed the curtain to the voting booth, was just too much fun to play with!

We settled on absentee balloting for that niche group.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Back in the late 60' early 70's we were toying with the idea of putting out rolling papers with the candidates info/picture, etc. to reach a certain niche in the electorate, but we decided not to because:

1) there was a decent chance that our target voter would forget what day the election was;

2) if they did remember, they would forget our candidates name while in the booth with all those cool looking levers and colors; and finally,

3) if they successfully accomplished getting there and casting the right vote, there was a good chance they would disenfranchise themselves because the bar that opened and closed the curtain to the voting booth, was just too much fun to play with!

We settled on absentee balloting for that niche group.

Adam

That is what happens when Aspies get the franchise.

Ba'al Chatzaf