"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed."

william.scherk

The story in the LA Times is a surprise to me. I didn't think the kind of temperatures in LA yesterday were possible in California anywhere outside of Death Valley.

L.A.'s hottest day ever

"It was so hot Monday that it broke the all-time record — and the weatherman's thermometer.

The National Weather Service's thermometer for downtown Los Angeles headed into uncharted territory at 12:15 p.m. Monday, reaching 113 degrees for the first time since records began being kept in 1877."

Glad I live in the Cold White North where hot is 35 degrees (Celsius). If nature is asking us to obey her, what does she want us to do besides turn up the air-conditioning?

Edited by william.scherk

Glad I live in the Cold White North where hot is 35 degrees (Celsius). If nature is asking us to obey her, what does she want us to do besides turn up the air-conditioning?

Move to a cooler place?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Move to a cooler place?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Fear not - it appears it is the Ice Age which is next, not global warming... :blink:

[judging from the lack of sunspots and the co-relation with the 'little ice age' of some centuries ago]

Edited by anonrobt

Move to a cooler place?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Fear not - it appears it is the Ice Age which is next, not global warming... :blink:

If the past is any guide to the future that is no only possible, but highly probable

Ba'al Chatzaf

As a reference for those who want to know more, I recommend a book called 'Climatism!' by Steve Goreham. If you are confused by the science and want a concentrated presentation of some of the environmental issues, the first four chapters are priceless. The rest of the book (I've read 3/4 so far) is also interesting and very skeptical of AGW (man made global warming).