ObjectOpus seeking Objectivist creative authors

treii28

I have been writing a personal blog and have run across some other individuals who also write either from an Objectivist's perspective or on Objectivist topics. I was wondering the other day if any Objectivist specific sites existed for showcasing the works of up-and-coming writers from the Objectivist community. Upon searching google, I found this forum and not much else. So rather than yell at the wind, I started one on wordpress and am now seeking additional contributors who might be interested in joining us.

My focus is going to be specific to either objectivist topics or objectivist perspectives and I am mostly interested for the sake of this site in focusing on works of a creative nature, namely fiction, poetry and what little non-fiction I will consider would be in the nature of objectivist perspectives on history or current events - namely not opinion or commentary.

If you are a fiction writer who could use some additional exposure for some of your works or would like to generate additional traffic for your own existing blogs or other writing, that was my primary interest in starting the site, sharing objectivist viewpoints by way of creative literature being the second.

At this point it time, it will be a not-for-profit endeavor but if there is any interest in it, I would not only be interested but would be compelled to try to generate revenues from it in some way. I am mostly interested in reasonably dedicated contributors but will consider single submission posts and have already set up an anonymous user on the system for that purpose.

If you would be interested, please drop me an email at treii28@hotmail.com and be sure to include something in the subject to let me know you are a writer interested in contributing.

The name of the site that I chose is the Object Opus or 'ObjectOpus' for short and I already made up a cute octopus for a mascot/logo. Feel free to check it out and contact me if you would be interested in contributing:

http://objectopus.wordpress.com

sidebar-objectopus3.png?w=220&h=180

(I just got the configurations in place so only my information is on there now but I have 3 other people that will be added shortly and I'm desperately trying to interest an objectivist poet to join us or to at least let me post some of his poems)

Welcome to OL Scott:

Good luck in your venture,

How quaint, a not for profit site dedicated to works about one of the most rabid advocates of profit as a moral imperative.

Amusing in its own way.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Awful site. I found the content there really lame.

Welcome to OL Steven.

Why is it lame?

What do you do to support the state? Worker, student...

Adam

Welcome to OL Steven.

Why is it lame?

Adam

Hi Selene

How do I support the state? Worker and how do you support it?

Why is it lame? The content there was hiss-poor. Ever article was 3 times as long as it needed to be and I thought the Billy Bunter books were long-winded, but at least they were entertaining.

Welcome to OL Steven.

Why is it lame?

Adam

Hi Selene

Why is it lame? The content there was hiss-poor. Ever article was 3 times as long as it needed to be and I thought the Billy Bunter books were long-winded, but at least they were entertaining.

Steven:

Thanks for the qualification on the website. I had not visited the site.

I try not to support the state. Unfortunately, I cannot avoid certain aspects of supporting the state, e.g., sales taxes.

The concept of the "strike" has always been a valid scenario to me. I attended NBI in the 60's in NY City and have been politically active since I was about ten years old.

Read Atlas at fourteen in 1960 and have never looked back. The philosophy has stood me in good stead throughout my life. Any errors I have made, and there have been some really good ones were from not following that path!

What type of "worker" was the intention of my question.

Do you live in Great Britain?

Adam

Welcome to OL Steven.

Why is it lame?

Adam

Hi Selene

Steven:

Thanks for the qualification on the website. I had not visited the site.

I try not to support the state. Unfortunately, I cannot avoid certain aspects of supporting the state, e.g., sales taxes.

The concept of the "strike" has always been a valid scenario to me. I attended NBI in the 60's in NY City and have been politically active since I was about ten years old.

Read Atlas at fourteen in 1960 and have never looked back. The philosophy has stood me in good stead throughout my life. Any errors I have made, and there have been some really good ones were from not following that path!

What type of "worker" was the intention of my question.

Do you live in Great Britain?

Adam

I do live in Great Britain...though I think they 'Great' was put there as a bit of a joke.