Taking a Break - Better Things to Do

you threaten me with lawsuits, and here, where you take images of Philip and tack them onto a woman's body, and where you list my full name and state of residence when it is clear that my preference is to not to have that information prominent, and you clearly have the same kind of preference and so understand the reasons why.

I've edited my post to remove the information, easily come by though it was. Your preference was hardly clear, but I'll respect it as you should mine. Once again, I never threatened you with a lawsuit, however you're reading comprehension is so poor there's little point reviewing that again. Concerning the photo of Phil, that was Jonathan's production, he posted it on another thread, I merely linked to it.

In closing, get a life.

It's not a reading comprehension problem on Shayne's part. Have you ever dealt with a whipped dog? Shayne's longstanding interpersonal issues and bizarre, gratuitous attacks are well known, on many fora, for many years, and not in any way limited to you. You seem to have missed that the Borderline Personality thread was written about him.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you threaten me with lawsuits, and here, where you take images of Philip and tack them onto a woman's body, and where you list my full name and state of residence when it is clear that my preference is to not to have that information prominent, and you clearly have the same kind of preference and so understand the reasons why.

I've edited my post to remove the information, easily come by though it was. Your preference was hardly clear, but I'll respect it as you should mine. Once again, I never threatened you with a lawsuit, however you're reading comprehension is so poor there's little point reviewing that again. Concerning the photo of Phil, that was Jonathan's production, he posted it on another thread, I merely linked to it.

In closing, get a life.

It's not a reading comprehension problem on Shayne's part. Have you ever dealt with a whipped dog? Shayne's longstanding interpersonal issues and bizarre, gratuitous attacks are well known, on many fora, for many years, and not in any way limited to you. You seem to have missed that the Borderline Personality thread was written about him.

This and the other posts of this worm are in no way to be construed as a bizarre and gratuitous attack.

Note that I am being piled on here because I objected to Ninth's treatment of Philip. I do not agree with everything Philip says or does, but if behaving like a pack of wild dogs over his "corpse" is to be the modus operandi of this forum, I want nothing to do with it either. Which is why I am objecting. If my objection now opens me up to the same kinds of piling on Philip got, and if no one here objects to this kind of high school bully behavior, then perhaps I should take my leave too as I would not want to sanction it.

I don't mind rough and tumble debate, but several people here are like scorned, petty, and gossipy prissy boy women, who whine when their illogic is criticized, but have fun engaging in childish attacks on people while ignoring the substance of what they are saying. You make this forum an annoying waste of time.

Shayne

Just for the record, there ain't no corpse.

Never was.

Just bits and bytes on computer screens.

This reminds me a bit of Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle. I'm going from memory, so this may not be exact, but I am sure it is close enough for the message. One person in the book said that the cat's cradle that kids make with threading string through their fingers is what's wrong with the world: "No damn cat. No damn cradle."

Michael

[....]

Note that I am being piled on here because I objected to Ninth's treatment of Philip. I do not agree with everything Philip says or does, but if behaving like a pack of wild dogs over his "corpse" is to be the modus operandi of this forum, I want nothing to do with it either. Which is why I am objecting. If my objection now opens me up to the same kinds of piling on Philip got, and if no one here objects to this kind of high school bully behavior, then perhaps I should take my leave too as I would not want to sanction it.

I don't mind rough and tumble debate, but several people here are like scorned, petty, and gossipy prissy boy women, who whine when their illogic is criticized, but have fun engaging in childish attacks on people while ignoring the substance of what they are saying. You make this forum an annoying waste of time.

I object to piling on Philip. Although saying anything objecting to it risks increasing the doing of it, I likely would have made a comment before now if I hadn't been kept busy with continued attacks on me for my defense of someone (James Valliant) even more unpopular than Phil.

Was it??? I had the impression it was started about Angie, with whom Dennis Hardin appears to have had some trouble.

Shayne does have a history of quick assumptions of bad motives, but he's done much less of that since he resumed posting here -- at least in posts of his I've read; there are several threads on which he's active which I haven't had time to follow.

Ellen

Was it??? I had the impression it was started about Angie, with whom Dennis Hardin appears to have had some trouble.

Shayne does have a history of quick assumptions of bad motives, but he's done much less of that since he resumed posting here -- at least in posts of his I've read; there are several threads on which he's active which I haven't had time to follow.

Ellen

Ted is now stalking me in every thread I post in and pasting the same thing. Like I said, he's like a scorned woman. Accuse him of illogic a few times, and that's it, he's in full-on stalker mode, especially if he sees a few other fellow worms.

Shayne

Shayne:

Out of curiosity, do you think that your simile could be, I emphasize the phrase "could be", interpreted by a rational person as "sexist"?

"...he's like a scorned woman."

Thanks.

Adam

Shayne:

Out of curiosity, do you think that your simile could be, I emphasize the phrase "could be", interpreted by a rational person as "sexist"?

"...he's like a scorned woman."

Thanks.

Adam

You are so predictable. As I wrote that I knew you would say that.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is not "sexist." It's not sexist for thinking that one sex taken as an average has a certain preponderance of character attributes vs. another. Not all gay men act like Ted but he fits the stereotype -- that doesn't make me a "homophobe" any more than some guy in a movie acting the part of a gay person by talking as they often do makes the movie maker a homophobe for recognizing that preponderance.

You're definitely a PC person, but at least you're not a stalker.

Shayne

Shayne:

What am I about to post in response to your post number # 57?

You clearly just stated that I am "so predictable".

Predict away, my friend.

Thanks.

Adam

Shayne:

What am I about to post in response to your post number # 57?

You clearly just stated that I am "so predictable".

Predict away, my friend.

Thanks.

Adam

Just because I can predict some of your behaviors doesn't mean I can predict all of them. The last time you went nuts on this issue I asked you why and you refused to explain, thus it left me bereft of further elucidation of this particular hangup of yours. I'm sure if you elucidate further, then in other contexts I'll know when I'm about to trip over it.

Shayne

Shayne:

"The last time you went nuts on this issue I asked you why and you refused to explain, thus it left me bereft of further elucidation of this particular hangup of yours.

Of course you can get the section wherein I went "nuts" because I would love to see it. Additionally, show me where you merely asked "why".

Then I will explain to you why I chose the reaction/non-reaction path which, apparently, you see as a "particular hang-up" which would mean you are skilled enough in psychology to determine that I have an "emotional problem or inhibition".

Thanks.

Adam

Shayne:

"The last time you went nuts on this issue I asked you why and you refused to explain, thus it left me bereft of further elucidation of this particular hangup of yours.

Of course you can get the section wherein I went "nuts" because I would love to see it. Additionally, show me where you merely asked "why".

Then I will explain to you why I chose the reaction/non-reaction path which, apparently, you see as a "particular hang-up" which would mean you are skilled enough in psychology to determine that I have an "emotional problem or inhibition".

Thanks.

Adam

You ask useful questions sometimes. Underscoring the sometimes. The issue with you and several other people in OL is that you are all more interested in personalities than with truth. Ergo, I have stalker Ted following me around pestering me with ad hominems, Ninth pestering everyone with silly YouTube videos, and you pestering me with the kinds of questions above.

Phil has a point. It is really too bad that the best forum technology can do to put people like you in their proper place is the "ignore" feature.

Shayne

Wow, and here I thought men couldn't PMS.

You seem to have missed that the Borderline Personality thread was written about him.

It was not written about him. The author sent me an email and told me so, because he knew I knew who it was about, which is not, at his request, going to be revealed. So, if you want to get all Objectivist, there is your hard proof, meaning, the above statement is erroneous. I guess y'all will just have to take word on that. It is incorrect.

Phil might be even more of a crafty beast than I suspected. He might have manufactured this whole thing just so he could see what went on. Tactically, this is at least a semi-pro move. It is certainly working to that advantage.

rde

Ah, the Glory that will be Had upon His Triumphant Return

Wow, and here I thought men couldn't PMS.

You seem to have missed that the Borderline Personality thread was written about him.

It was not written about him. The author sent me an email and told me so, because he knew I knew who it was about, which is not, at his request, going to be revealed. So, if you want to get all Objectivist, there is your hard proof, meaning, the above statement is erroneous. I guess y'all will just have to take word on that. It is incorrect.

Phil might be even more of a crafty beast than I suspected. He might have manufactured this whole thing just so he could see what went on. Tactically, this is at least a semi-pro move. It is certainly working to that advantage.

rde

Ah, the Glory that will be Had upon His Triumphant Return

I didn't claim to be able to read the author's mind. Just read the criteria, though. They fit SJW to a tee.

Edited by Ted Keer

Shayne:

"...you are all more interested in personalities than with truth. [Therefore, this statement follows from the prior one?] Ergo, I have stalker Ted following me around pestering me with ad hominems, Ninth pestering everyone with silly YouTube videos, and you pestering me with the kinds of questions above."

Are you under the impression that you do not employ ad hominems?

Secondly, your perception that certain people are "pestering" you with questions or YouTube videos makes me very concerned for you.

I am sure you are aware of the Socratic method.

I am also reasonably sure that you have a sense of humor. Ninth Doctor is, first of all, a very smart individual and secondly, a wonderfully satirical and amusing individual. Hell he got me skilled at using icons to enhance the impact of a communication.

The fact that you perceive these actions as "pestering" is indicative of a common personality according to some evaluative criteria.

Moreover, a quick content analysis of some of your posts shows a propensity to perceive threats in the form of "guns being put to your head", or "gun(s) being put" to others heads. Granted we all use the words, but you employ very specific rigid phrases involving guns and heads. Just a passing observation.

rolleyes5.gifrifle.gif

Thanks.

Adam

I didn't claim to be able to read the authors name. Just read the criteria, though. They fit SJW to a tea.

You're a woman scorned Ted. And a stalker personality. You're not in a position to psychologize about me. You follow me around tossing in your ad hominems where you see an opportunity all because I put you in your place some time back. You're high maintenance Ted. I wish we had the technology to solve problems like you, but alas, we don't. My next project maybe.

Shayne

The fact that you perceive these actions as "pestering" is indicative of a common personality according to some evaluative criteria.

Yawn...

Moreover, a quick content analysis of some of your posts shows a propensity to perceive threats in the form of "guns being put to your head", or "gun(s) being put" to others heads. Granted we all use the words, but you employ very specific rigid phrases involving guns and heads. Just a passing observation.

I only use that phrase when it is literally relevant. If you didn't grasp that it was relevant in some context that indicates some kind of failure to comprehend the hidden gun (e.g., taxes). You are probably suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Actually I'm quite sure you are judging by your other posts. You really should get that checked out.

Shayne

I'm not sure who are worse in this latest little conflagration: Shayne, or his opponents.

They run roughshod, looking for any openly-available thread and trot their little road show right in there. Great, another precious, bitchy slappy-fight to behold.

For everyone here's sake, they ought to just find themselves a remote, unused stretch of pavement somewhere, and commence with the knuckle-scraping action: they could play "Chicken" with each other.

I've seen better-civilized motions out of certain varieties of red-assed baboons.

I've seen flat-out flaming queens get into more interesting fights in front of bathhouses.

It's either that, or MSK is going to have to try to distract them by installing tire swings all over the place.

But even then, you'd be watching them sitting there, regurging bananas, and flinging them at one another.

Fer Chrissakes.

rde

Don't you monkey with the monkey.

Edited by Rich Engle

I'm not sure who are worse in this latest little conflagration: Shayne, or his opponents.

They run roughshod, looking for any openly-available thread and take their little road show right in there. Great, another little bitchy slappy-fight to behold.

For everyone here's sake, they ought to just find themselves a remote, unoccupied stretch of road somewhere, and commence with the knuckle-scraping action: they could play "Chicken" with each other.

I've seen better civilized action out of certain varieties of red-assed baboons.

I've seen flat-out flaming queens get into more interesting fights in front of bathhouses.

It's either that, or MSK is going to have to try to distract them by installing tire swings all over the place.

But even then, you'd be watching them sitting there, regurging bananas, and flinging them at one another.

Fer Chrissakes.

rde

Don't you monkey with the monkey.

Looks like the schoolmarm is back.

Oh, Hell no, Ted. I'm just observing primates in the field. They have established repeatability in their experiments.

These guys are trying to be boys in the hood--you can almost see their boxers sticking out over their designer jeans. They have morphed into wild, uncontrollable monkeys.

And that is amusing to watch, but eventually, they start tearing shit up--you know, pulling out light fixtures, chewing up extension cords, that sort of thing.

Fun to watch, but if you don't do something about it they will eventually start pooping all over your kitchen floor and raiding your pantry; and if you have a woman, she could be in peril--running cross-species is nothing for these beasts.

I could tell you about one known incident where this was done, and it was not pretty. Long story short, they hit the pantry, got pancake mix, syrup, and then went for the man's wife. The rest was very, er, disturbing.

rde

Thinking about either Taser, or Pepper Spray. Thinking about calling Dog the Bounty Hunter. Something.

Edited by Rich Engle

Oh, Hell no, Ted. I'm just observing primates in the field. They have established repeatability in their experiments.

These guys are trying to be boys in the hood--you can almost see their boxers sticking out over their designer jeans. They have morphed into wild, uncontrollable monkeys.

And that is amusing to watch, but eventually, they start tearing shit up--you know, pulling out light fixtures, chewing up extension cords, that sort of thing.

Fun to watch, but if you don't do something about it they will eventually start pooping all over your kitchen floor and raiding your pantry; and if you have a woman, she could be in peril--running cross-species is nothing for these beasts.

I could tell you about one known incident where this was done, and it was not pretty. Long story short, they hit the pantry, got pancake mix, syrup, and then went for the man's wife. The rest was very, er, disturbing.

rde

Thinking about either Taser, or Pepper Spray. Thinking about calling Dog the Bounty Hunter. Something.

LOL

• 10 months later...

I was just being sloppy in my searches.

Behold, Again: The Fortress of Philitude!

I suggest you all review the Holy Scripture, nay, Phil-ture. I know I am, just so I don't repeat myself. Still, though, a brief extract is in order. Oh, I used to have such fire . . .

But he is gone now, and if we look towards the Coates Place, and see it with the right kind of eyes, we know that we are all, all of us, poorer for it. We know that our relentless efforts at softening him, those savagely endless blows of meat tenderizing mallets being used as million-pound shithammers, were all in vain. Near the end, he was transforming himself into a different, lighter-hearted Phil--transcending from his traditional (and loyally-served) position as a punching bag into a true (if slightly musty) bon vivant.

I am a spiritual man, but not one borne of petty superstitions. Even so, it would not surprise me at all (indeed, it would bring a joyous tear to my eye) were he to rebirth himself at some future time--walking back out from The Light with a new, deeper, Holier insight. And new ways to correct our grammar and manners, as well.

the-burning-bush.jpg

rde

He Has Risen, and Revealed.

Edited by Rich Engle

Laugh now, heretics. He (Phil, that is) will come upon you with a mighty vengeance.

I am scrambling to give It (Phil, I mean) Meager Offerings<tm> to fend off the inevitable. Behold my latest postage-stamp size rendering, where I have ported Him into the world of sixties pop art:

phil_iPiccy.jpg

But this is a mere morsel.

rde

I have pictures of Phil for all of you to edit, just message me.