10 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of the Constitution

sbeaulieu

10 Questions on the Constitution

By Dr. Richard Brake

FOX NEWS

Interesting article on findings of how well collegiate students, and general American populace, fare when asked how well they know the Constitution. Sadly, I scored 60%.

~ Shane

By Dr. Richard Brake

FOX NEWS

Interesting article on findings of how well collegiate students, and general American populace, fare when asked how well they know the Constitution. Sadly, I scored 60%.

~ Shane

Shane:

Thanks for the quiz. 10 for 10 wish my free throw shooting was ever anywhere near that - it was more like 60% lol.

Adam

I also got 10 out of 10. Anyone with a basic education in civics and American history should get at least 8 or 9....these are not difficult questions.

And they are in fact -excellent- essentialized questions about the American system.

I also got 10 out of 10. Anyone with a basic education in civics and American history should get at least 8 or 9....these are not difficult questions.

And they are in fact -excellent- essentialized questions about the American system.

Phillip:

Out of curiosity, why would an intelligent individual like yourself go out of his way to insult anyone that scored below 80%?

Do you really believe that that is necessary?

Adam

Phillip:

Out of curiosity, why would an intelligent individual like yourself go out of his way to insult anyone that scored below 80%?

Do you really believe that that is necessary?

The insult would be to American education, not its victims.

Half the questions seem to be extremely easy as they were correctly answered by +90% of those who took the quiz. Simple blind guessing on the rest would probably get one or two more correct. There wasn't any question about what percentage of a negro slave was politically a human being.

--Brant

It's a rough-and-ready 10-item quiz.

A better-designed test would include items at more levels of difficulty.

As written, the quiz mixes items that nearly everyone who hasn't been recruited to appear on Jaywalking knows the answer to with others that are fairly challenging.

I'm thankful to my middle and high school American history teachers, Mr. Goddard and Mr. Germann.

Robert Campbell

> Out of curiosity, why would an intelligent individual like yourself go out of his way to insult anyone that scored below 80%?

Adam, you and ND keep claiming that I am being 'insulting' when I make a strongly worded criticism.

The point that I made that people ought to know this is a factual one. If you don't agree, then contest -that-.

If one can't say something like "Anyone with a basic education in civics and American history should get at least 8 or 9" for fear of being "insulting", then one should just keep one's mouth shut on one's most deeply head concerns about American education.

And many other matters, like my very strong criticisms of the Oist movement.

Here's another harsh criticism aboutlevel of knowledge: "Every long-time Objectivist ought to understand Rand's arguments in ITOE and be able to name the central principles in the ethics and politics. A high percentage can't."

Is that an insult?

Edited by Philip Coates

> Out of curiosity, why would an intelligent individual like yourself go out of his way to insult anyone that scored below 80%?

Adam, you and ND keep claiming that I am being 'insulting' when I make a strongly worded criticism.

The point that I made that people ought to know this is a factual one. If you don't agree, then contest -that-.

If one can't say something like I did for fear of being "insulting", then one should just keep one's mouth shut on one's most deeply head concerns about American education. And many other matters, like my criticisms of the Oist movement.

Fair enough. Do you think that there was a better way of phrasing your statement so that it could not be misinterpreted?

By Dr. Richard Brake

FOX NEWS

~ Shane

10 / 10

Ba'al Chatzaf

I missed the first one because I gave the real answer, not the supposed answer.

--Brant

There is the pre-Civil War answer and the post-Civil War answer.

The "right" answer is the theoretical answer, but no longer the actual answer.

Ba'al Chatzaf