Osama taken to task by former colleague

Libertarian Muslim

Adonis,

The Quilliam Foundation (where that report is hosted) looks very promising. I know I should have been aware of it already, but the world is big and I am one.

Here is the Wikipedia article for those interested: Quilliam.

btw - Is Mullah Omar on a verifiable record as telling bin Laden to not fly the planes into the World Trade Center? I mean something like his own words later, say to the press or something like that, not by someone who claims to have heard him say that at the time.

Michael

Here is their website.

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/

Interesting article from the site by Lucy James and Anya Hart Dyke:

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/images/stories/pdfs/quilliam_immigrantmuslimfemale_triple_paralysis_july_2009.pdf

Edited by Selene

This reminds me of something Oliver Cromwell wrote:

I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken. Letter to the general assembly of the Church of Scotland

Oliver Cromwell was a hard nose and a bad ass and completely in Usama bin Laden's league.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Adonis:

Good. This is a positive statement.

Thanks.

Adam

Great! Next, to break the perception of unanimity among Muslims as seen by the West, it would be good to have the statement broadcast by Al Jazeera.

Tony

Sure would Tony, but do not hold your breath.

More interesting question is whether the State run media in the United States with put this letter before the public.

Adam

Adonis,

The Quilliam Foundation (where that report is hosted) looks very promising. I know I should have been aware of it already, but the world is big and I am one.

Here is the Wikipedia article for those interested: Quilliam.

btw - Is Mullah Omar on a verifiable record as telling bin Laden to not fly the planes into the World Trade Center? I mean something like his own words later, say to the press or something like that, not by someone who claims to have heard him say that at the time.

Michael

I believe that I've already posted a bit of info about this organization here http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9153

Also, Mullah Omar banned ALL attacks on foreign countries as a condition of Osama bin Laden staying there, after Clinton's 1998 missile attacks in Afghanistan Mullah Omar got very upset with Osama and put him under a form of house arrest and ever since had continually asked for evidence of Osama bin Laden's guilt in the crimes but wasn't given any by the US Government.

Great! Next, to break the perception of unanimity among Muslims as seen by the West, it would be good to have the statement broadcast by Al Jazeera.

Tony

I'm sorry, but all it takes is for one to look properly and you'll find there is no such unanimity except that which is against extremism. I'm sure Al Jazeera will publish an article on it.

Sure would Tony, but do not hold your breath.

More interesting question is whether the State run media in the United States with put this letter before the public.

Adam

I'm sure they will. But not in its full form, perhaps some excerpts that won't do it justice. Al Jazeera will probably do the same.

Adonis:

Is there any movement afoot to establish an international on line radio network wherein the type of Islamic rhetoric[i use this term in it's non-pejorative meaning, e.g., using all the available means of persuasion in the given case] you advance can be disseminated?

I have always argued when I was in government that if you control the information, you control the decision.

Therefore, the US State controlled media and Al Jazeera will merely control a bad decision in the minds of its selective audiences.

I am sick of it as you seem to be.

Adam

Adonis,

At different times you have claimed that Osama bin Laden carried out the 9/11 attacks under the direction of the US Central Intelligence Agency, and that launching any attacks on the United States from Afghan territory was an obvious violation of strict conditions that the ruler of the Taliban regime, Mullah Omar, had placed on bin Laden's operating in Afghanistan.

OK, then, if Osama carried out the 9/11 attacks under CIA direction, in violation of express orders from Mullah Omar, why didn't the Taliban promptly grab Osama, clap him in chains, and tell the US Air Force, "You're welcome to this treacherous SOB—just don't wait around before taking him away"?

Or, if they thought the US military would let Osama escape so as not to draw attention to his being a creature of the CIA, why didn't they take him out themselves and send proof of his corpse's identity to the US?

Whatever Mullah Omar is, he isn't a dope. And the Taliban was under no conceivable obligation to protect a man who, according to you, violated the Taliban's rules, putting them in danger in precisely the way they had warned him not to.

Robert Campbell