Everything you ever wanted to know about Aristotle

BaalChatzaf

Gee, Bob, all that Aristotle studying you did last year and all you really needed to do was watch this silly little video.

--Brant

1. It was amusing, not silly

2. It covered the essentials rather well for the kind of presentation it was.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Anyway, I much prefer Archimedes to Aristotle.

--Brant

As do I. Archimedes is my hero-Hellenist. Archimedes is the greatest known intellect of the classic Greek world. He puts all the others, especially the Athenians in the shadows.

Archimedes physics of statics and floating bodies is as good today, as it was when he formulated it nearly 2200 years ago.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

According to this video, recent advances in the science of Quantum Physics have blown Aristotle's Law of Non-Contradiction "to hell."

I didn't realize that physicists so readily conceded that some of their theories are self-contradictory. Of course, no one except an expert in physics can possibly understand how foolish it is to believe that a proposition and its contradictory cannot both be true at the same time and in the same respect. Mere laymen are not permitted to entrench upon the sacred domain of scientific mysteries. If a physicist contradicts himself, who are we to insist that he adhere to the standards of intelligibility that mere mortals must observe?

Ghs