Why I vote democrat

Herb Sewell

It don't matter who you vote for. If voting could make a difference, they wouldn't allow it.

The left and the right are the 2 boots that stomp on your freedoms. They are the 2 wings of the same ugly predatory bird. They are the 2 pillars that support each other. They are the 2 lies that people argue about which one is true.

The purpose of elections is to make you think you have control. You don't have control.

Even if by some miracle Ron Paul got elected, it wouldn't make any difference. Ron Paul would be assassinated.

Your country is xxxxxx ruined.

If you try to take your country back, you will fail. The FEMA concentration camps are built and empty and ready to be filled.

You might have been able to prevent this from happening if you had listened to the warnings many years ago and acted. But it is too late now.

Going to another country won't help. The plan is worldwide. As bad as the USA is, other countries are worse. You can run but you can't escape.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It don't matter who you vote for. If voting could make a difference, they wouldn't allow it.

The left and the right are the 2 boots that stomp on your freedoms. They are the 2 wings of the same ugly predatory bird. They are the 2 pillars that support each other. They are the 2 lies that people argue about which one is true.

The purpose of elections is to make you think you have control. You don't have control.

Even if by some miracle Ron Paul got elected, it wouldn't make any difference. Ron Paul would be assassinated.

If you try to take your country back, you will fail. The FEMA concentration camps are built and empty and ready to be filled.

You might have been able to prevent this from happening if you had listened to the warnings many years ago and acted. But it is too late now.

Going to another country won't help. The plan is worldwide. As bad as the USA is, other countries are worse. You can run but you can't escape.

The Bildibergers run the world. Watch out for those Black Helicopters.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

A boring predictable response. Is that the best you can do?

A lot funnier than your boring predicable deterministic post that prompted it. "woe is me, woe is everybody, woe is the world, everybody is so stupid..." Dang, I'm gonna eat some worms.

Ba'al Chatzaf

A boring predictable response. Is that the best you can do?

A lot funnier than your boring predicable deterministic post that prompted it. "woe is me, woe is everybody, woe is the world, everybody is so stupid..." Dang, I'm gonna eat some worms.

If you want to beat the system, you must become a conspiracy theorist and you must see black helicopters everywhere. Are you willing to do that?

If you want to beat the system, you must become a conspiracy theorist and you must see black helicopters everywhere. Are you willing to do that?

Most conspiracy theories are nonsense. One of the interesting features of conspiracy theories is that the lack of evidence for them is taken as proof of their correctness. Have you reinforced your tinfoil hat. And be sure not to borrow or buy "Catcher in the Rye". If you do They will certainly get you.

Ba'al Chatzaf

One of the interesting features of conspiracy theories is that the lack of evidence for them is taken as proof of their correctness.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I don't think I ever heard of a conspiracy theory from Alex Jones or Jeff Rense or Jesse Ventura that fits that description. They present what they think is evidence; obviously you don't think it's evidence because the evidence is not generally accepted.

One of the interesting features of conspiracy theories is that the lack of evidence for them is taken as proof of their correctness.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I don't think I ever heard of a conspiracy theory from Alex Jones or Jeff Rense or Jesse Ventura that fits that description. They present what they think is evidence; obviously you don't think it's evidence because the evidence is not generally accepted.

You mean like the 9/11 truthers claim about steel not melting? The real problem with people like Alex Jones and his ilk is that they de-legitimize actual conspiracies.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You mean like the 9/11 truthers claim about steel not melting? The real problem with people like Alex Jones and his ilk is that they de-legitimize actual conspiracies.

The way I heard it, they said the steel did melt. But what I was looking for was an example of what Bob Kolker was talking about in the form of a direct quote. Did Alex Jones or Jeff Rense or Jesse Ventura say something to the effect that there is no evidence and the absence of evidence is evidence? And if so, can we have the direct quote?

Bela Lugosi's Dead

*cuts wrist*

• 1 month later...

An earlier post mentioned concern for what students are taught in school.

Martin Luther King's Dream Speach was, if not the greatest, one of the greatest anthems to liberty ever spoken, anywhere, and it is beneficial that students in freedom are taught his words, as well as the full context that he spoke them in. But when they are, are they taught that MLK was a Republican? Or that the Southern governers -- Faubus, Barnett, Wallace -- that were clinging to their hatred and Stars and Bars -- were all Democrats? Or that when federal troops were sent down to Little Rock to enforce civil rights and turn those National Guard bayonets in the other direction, it was a Republican president(Eisenhower)who ordered those federal troops?

Because in 2012 -- somehow, long after the actual lynchings and abuses in the Dixiecrat South, when local governments were thin cover for the local KKK, it is the GOP that is today painted as the party of hatred and bigotry, and with more than a little irony, the party of LBJ -- LBJ for crying out loud -- is the party that freed the slaves, not Lincoln. And the modern result -- in times far from the actual lynchings -- is that in exchange for cheap promises never fulfilled, minorities in this country sell their vote cheaply to the Democratic party and are effectively kept on a plantation.

Do they ever notice, even after over 50 years of this, that those pictures from Detroit look worse, not better? And even in white Appalachia, all we've done is convert a few stills to Meth labs? The poor in this nation sell their vote to the Democratic party and in return get ... nothing but implied promises.

Like Romney, I had a fully disclosed offshore Caymans corp in the 90s. I used it to further overseas business, exports out of the US. And one thing I learned from that experience is that of all the people collecting frequent flyer miles to Georgetown, nobody in the US was collecting more than Ted Kennedy, on his way down to visit daddy's rum running money. Then, he'd fly back north and buy some more votes of the poor with nothing more than cheap talk, boob bait for the desperate.

Take all the time needed to figure this one out; in the meantime, the only people paying the price for this are those buying it, cheap.

In some way, this defines 'social justice.'

Hints of Christian dominance in our legislation: the Virginia Bill of Rights:

16. That religion, or the duty which we owe to our CREATOR, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity, towards each other.

for·bear·ance

   [fawr-bair-uhns] Show IPA

noun

the act of forbearing; a refraining from something.

forbearing conduct or quality; patient endurance; self-control.

an abstaining from the enforcement of a right.

a creditor's giving of indulgence after the day originally fixed for payment.

Where is there even a hint of a theocracy, in a majority Christian nation, under which by law there is a directed obligation for forbearance?

Not to mention, the explicit wording of the federal Bill of Rights.

My devout agnosticism is second to none, but one of the primary ways we defend our freedom from each other is to defend each other's freedom. The only hint I see of any growing Theocracy in America is not from the Christian Right, but the Progressive (as in Scott Nearing's 'Social Religion') Left.

"S"ociety is God, and the state is its proper church. We're living it.

Interesting you should mention Scott Nearing. He and his first wife had a son named John Scott who went to Soviet Russia as an idealistic young man in the 1930s to work in Soviet industry. He wrote a book about it called "Behind the Urals." Later he worked for Time-Life for many decades reporting directly to Henry Luce. He travelled the world and sent his reports on China and such back to Luce and expanded some of them into books, of which I have a few inherited from my Mother. Mom was a personal friend of his. I remember him visiting our home in Tucson in 1959. He was supposed, I was led to suppose, to visit me in Vietnam but never showed up. Just as well as I had a high security clearance and was suppose to keep my lips zipped. Once I didn't to the--I think it was--the resident Agency of International Development guy who blabbed what I said to Harrison Salisbury, or someone like him, of the NY Times who reported it in a newspaper column. It got back to my A-Team but not to me. One of my officers pinned it to the wall. I haven't yet been able to find that column in the NY Times archives. It's there somewhere, late 1966-1967. Anyway, John Scott dropped dead in 1976 of an apparent heart attack, pre-deceasing his long-lived parents. (Scott Nearing made it to 100 in 1983.) I suspect years of restaurant eating did him in. I read his obit in the Times and clipped it and sent it to my Mother, who otherwise would not have known about it.

There have been allegations that John Scott was a Soviet agent, even during the Cold War. Possibly true. Mom was a Russianphile. She came to hate Stalin and Putin (and Obama: "He's no good!" [2008]), but probably thought without surcease that Lenin was some kind of good guy, although in fairness to her we never talked about these things. So, Dad was a crypto-Nazi and maybe Mom was a crypto-communist way back then. They met at Antioch college where he was the big brain on campus. He knocked her up and they got married because that resulted in my sister, now-deceased, Joan. So, my Dad was an American-Firster animadverting upon Roosevelt in Madison Square Garden and writing a couple of newsletters against war with Germany and such while his father-in-law, Irving Brant, was a New Dealer who had direct albeit infrequent access to Roosevelt. Irving spent a lot of time in the West in the 1930s, making reports to his friend the Secretary of the Interior that resulted in what are now several National Parks, especially Olympic. A fun fact is he was a personal friend of the publisher D.L. Chambers of Bobbs-Merrill who tried to spike the publication of "The Fountainhead." Bobbs-Merrill ended up publishing his mediocre novel "Friendly Cove," but declined a second printing. I don't think they ever made a dime off Irving for all his books they published. It was a prestige thing for Bobbs-Merrill.

--Brant

the older I get the weirder it seems--too bad they weren't filthy rich instead