Read at your own risk. Ominous reports that Gulf disaster may have triggered an event of Biblical proportions.

I sure hope this isn't true, but if it is there appears to be no way to stop it now. I found this article on www.beforeitsnews.com

<<<"DOOMSDAY: How BP Gulf Disaster May Have Triggered A 'WORLD-KILLING' Event

Contributed by Eyes For You (Editor)

July 10, 2010 3:45

Ominous reports are leaking past the BP Gulf salvage operation news blackout that the disaster unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico may be about to reach biblical proportions.

The warning signs of an impending planetary catastrophe—of such great magnitude that the human mind has difficulty grasping it-would be the appearance of large fissures or rifts splitting open the ocean floor, a rise in the elevation of the seabed, and the massive venting of methane and other gases into the surrounding water.

Such occurrences can lead to the rupture of the methane bubble containment—it can then permit the methane to breach the subterranean depths and undergo an explosive decompression as it catapults into the Gulf waters. [6]

All three warning signs are documented to be occurring in the Gulf.

Ground zero: The Gulf Coast

The people and property located on the greater expanse of the Gulf Coast are sitting at Ground Zero. They will be the first exposed to poisonous, cancer causing chemical gases. They will be the ones that initially experience the full fury of a methane bubble exploding from the ruptured seabed.

The media has been kept away from the emergency salvage measures being taken to forestall the biggest catastrophe in human history. The federal government has warned them away from the epicenter of operations with the threat of a $40,000 fine for each infraction and the possibility of felony arrests.

Why is the press being kept away? Word is that the disaster is escalating.

Cracks and bulges

Methane is now streaming through the porous, rocky seabed at an accelerated rate and gushing from the borehole of the first relief well. The EPA is on record that Rig #1 is releasing methane, benzene, hydrogen sulfide and other toxic gases. Workers there now wear advanced protection including state-of-the-art, military-issued gas masks.

Reports, filtering through from oceanologists and salvage workers in the region, state that the upper level strata of the ocean floor is succumbing to greater and greater pressure. That pressure is causing a huge expanse of the seabed-estimated by some as spreading over thousands of square miles surrounding the BP wellhead-to bulge. Some claim the seabed in the region has risen an astounding 30 feet.

The fractured BP wellhead, site of the former Deepwater Horizon, has become the epicenter of frenetic attempts to quell the monstrous flow of methane.

The subterranean methane is pressurized at 100,000 pounds psi. According to Matt Simmons, an oil industry expert, the methane pressure at the wellhead has now skyrocketed to a terrifying 40,000 pounds psi.

Another well-respected expert, Dr. John Kessler of Texas A&M University has calculated that the ruptured well is spewing 60 percent oil and 40 percent methane. The normal methane amount that escapes from a compromised well is about 5 percent.

More evidence? A huge gash on the ocean floor—like a ragged wound hundreds of feet long—has been reported by the NOAA research ship, Thomas Jefferson. Before the curtain of the government enforced news blackout again descended abruptly, scientists aboard the ship voiced their concerns that the widening rift may go down miles into the earth.

That gash too is hemorrhaging oil and methane. It’s 10 miles away from the BP epicenter. Other, new fissures, have been spotted as far as 30 miles distant.

Measurements of the multiple oil plumes now appearing miles from the wellhead indicate that as much as a total of 124,000 barrels of oil are erupting into the Gulf waters daily-that’s about 5,208,000 gallons of oil per day.

Most disturbing of all: Methane levels in the water are now calculated as being almost one million times higher than normal. [7]

Mass death on the water

If the methane bubble—a bubble that could be as big as 20 miles wide—erupts with titanic force from the seabed into the Gulf, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will immediately sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists participating in the salvage operation will die instantly.

Next, the ocean bottom will collapse, instantaneously displacing up to a trillion cubic feet of water or more and creating a towering supersonic tsunami annihilating everything along the coast and well inland. Like a thermonuclear blast, a high pressure atmospheric wave could precede the tidal wave flattening everything in its path before the water arrives.

When the roaring tsunami does arrive it will scrub away all that is left.

A chemical cocktail of poisons

Some environmentalist experts are calling what’s pouring into the land, sea and air from the seabed breach ’a chemical cocktail of poisons.’

Areas of dead zones devoid of oxygen are driving species of fish into foreign waters, killing plankton and other tiny sea life that are the foundation for the entire food chain, and polluting the air with cancer-causing chemicals and poisonous rainfalls.

A report from one observer in South Carolina documents oily residue left behind after a recent thunderstorm. And before the news blackout fully descended the EPA released data that benzene levels in New Orleans had rocketed to 3,000 parts per billion.

Benzene is extremely toxic and even short term exposure can cause agonizing death from cancerous lesions years later.

The people of Louisiana have been exposed for more than two months—and the benzene levels may be much higher now. The EPA measurement was taken in early May. [8]

Doomsday

While some say it can’t happen because the bulk of the methane is frozen into crystalline form, others point out that the underground methane sea is gradually melting from the nearby surging oil that’s estimated to be as hot as 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

Most experts in the know, however, agree that if the world-changing event does occur it will happen suddenly and within the next 6 months.

So, if events go against Mankind and the bubble bursts in the coming months, Gregory Ryskin may become one of the most famous people in the world. Of course, he won't have long to enjoy his new found fame because very shortly after the methane eruption civilization will collapse.

Perhaps if humanity is very, very lucky, some may find a way to avoid the mass extinction that follows and carry on the human race.

Perhaps.

…………

SOURCES AND THEORY

READ IN FULL www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

">>>

Horse Puckey

Repent ye! The end of the world is at hand!

If the Siberian Traps and the Dekkan Traps did not finish life off on earth, oil and methane leaks won't either.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I sure hope this isn't true, but if it is there appears to be no way to stop it now. I found this article on www.beforeitsnews.com

(snip)

Perhaps if humanity is very, very lucky, some may find a way to avoid the mass extinction that follows and carry on the human race.

Gulch -

Are you serious?

Bill P

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:103844" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

BonitaSunset038.jpgBonitaSunset030.jpgMeanwhile, I don't know what was going on yesterday. I was at Bonita Beach photographing the sunset and got a bunch of pictures of THIS thing. I have better ones but this will do for now. I haven't found reports of falling space junk so far. Looks like maybe about 5 miles out, west, obviously. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?

BonitaSunset031.jpg

Edited by Rich Engle

Gulch,

How many oil leaks and methane leaks have there been in the history of this planet?

Life has persisted on earth despite the Siberian Traps (thought to have caused the end-of-Permian extinctions), the Chicxulub impact and the Deccan Traps (thought to have taken out all of the dinosaurs) and a couple of periods when virtually the entire planet was frozen over.

The author of this piece needs to apply for a job with James Hansen at NASA GISS. Hansen's latest prophecies of a drowned Netherlands and a vanished South Florida aren't scary enough.

Robert Campbell

There's a very odd statistic about this article.

The piece was written by a person called Terrence Aym and originally posted on Helium.

Helium is a site that solicits content from anyone and allows them to take part in revenue-sharing of the ads that appear on it. Recently it started paying a few dollars up front (like Associated Content).

Now here's the odd statistic. Terrence Aym has written oodles of pieces on Helium and elsewhere. If you Google his name (in quotes), you get 32,700 results (which means pages indexed by Google where his name is mentioned). But... if you Google the term "How BP Gulf Disaster May Have Triggered A 'WORLD-KILLING" (in quotes), you get 210,000 results.

Hmmm...

The date given on the Google result is July 7, although I could not find the date on Helium. So if this thing went up on the 7th, it is spreading like wildfire.

However...

The quality of the sites on which it is appearing (in terms of News companies) is not very good. Ning groups, Wordpress hosted blogs, conspiracy sites, forums, etc.

This indicates an aggressive grass roots kind of spread--where people in an ideological group go around posting it all over the place--rather than normal media buzz. Also, since the number of sites indexed by Google for this one article is greater than the number of sites for the author's name (meaning all his articles), this indicates that, like Gulch's posting here, the article is being spread without including the author's name. I suspect this is on purpose by the grass roots people. Not having a name gives the story a bit more credibility than having the name of a person who. credibility-wise. is the equivalent of a normal blogger.

It's a nice attempt at making a grass-roots fear-mongering campaign. But there is nothing much to be afraid of for real unless you are the kind who is afraid of invasion of the earth by little green men...

Mr. Aym will get publicity from this, but I'm not so sure he will like how this is going to impact his other efforts. Having the reputation of a crackpot is not very much fun if you want to do serious work.

Michael

There's a very odd statistic about this article.

The piece was written by a person called Terrence Aym and originally posted on Helium.

Helium is a site that solicits content from anyone and allows them to take part in revenue-sharing of the ads that appear on it. Recently it started paying a few dollars up front (like Associated Content).

Now here's the odd statistic. Terrence Aym has written oodles of pieces on Helium and elsewhere. If you Google his name (in quotes), you get 32,700 results (which means pages indexed by Google where his name is mentioned). But... if you Google the term "How BP Gulf Disaster May Have Triggered A 'WORLD-KILLING" (in quotes), you get 210,000 results.

Hmmm...

The date given on the Google result is July 7, although I could not find the date on Helium. So if this thing went up on the 7th, it is spreading like wildfire.

However...

The quality of the sites on which it is appearing (in terms of News companies) is not very good. Ning groups, Wordpress hosted blogs, conspiracy sites, forums, etc.

This indicates an aggressive grass roots kind of spread--where people in an ideological group go around posting it all over the place--rather than normal media buzz. Also, since the number of sites indexed by Google for this one article is greater than the number of sites for the author's name (meaning all his articles), this indicates that, like Gulch's posting here, the article is being spread without including the author's name. I suspect this is on purpose by the grass roots people. Not having a name gives the story a bit more credibility than having the name of a person who. credibility-wise. is the equivalent of a normal blogger.

It's a nice attempt at making a grass-roots fear-mongering campaign. But there is nothing much to be afraid of for real unless you are the kind who is afraid of invasion of the earth by little green men...

Mr. Aym will get publicity from this, but I'm not so sure he will like how this is going to impact his other efforts. Having the reputation of a crackpot is not very much fun if you want to do serious work.

Michael

Helium's one of those sites that I'm forever having to tell students to not cite in their assignments because of the utter lack of authoritativeness. Honestly, you're better off looking in wikipedia than on sites like this and examiner.com, a similar aggregator. When being paid per hit, sensationalism leads to higher profits than accuracy. I wanted to look into this one but have been too busy today--thanks for sharing your findings.

I just want to know what that thing is I shot over Bonita. The only recent unique stuff I had heard was about a Navy blimp being flown over the BP site. But that's not near Bonita. Bonita is, however, between there and the Key West Navy base. I dunno.

As far as that article goes, MSK said it all.

I just killed a whole bunch of neurons reading this thread.

I'm old enough to remember when people posted things that made some semblance of sense, not just any old crap (or in this case, fart gas) that comes over the wires.

Screw the story, I just wanna know what that thing was I saw. I'm thinking maybe a scientific balloon? It stayed there for a good while, apparently burning. Weird.

No one's talking, Phil. They might have just missed it. One of my buddies is the production guy over at WINK, nada. I don't think it was a meteor, because the flash you see at the bottom of the trail remained there for some time.

rde

Who knows, but at least it halfway salvaged a funk-thread.

I can't speculate on "whatever-it-was-that-you-saw-in-the-sky," but the alleged "Gulf Methane Bubble Explosion" is most likely an "urban legend" or "junk-science," as many commentators have already pointed-out. No references, no sources that can be checked to back its wild-eyed speculations.

Believe what you want about this latest "End-of-the-World-as-we-know-it" alarm, but try this debunking article first:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Methane-Bubble-Earthquake-by-Rob-Kall-100623-979.html

However, the Obamanation catastrophe is real. That's bad enough, thank you!