‘We Con the World’ Israeli Parody Video Removed by YouTube

George H. Smith

"On June 3rd an Israeli TV show made a parody song of "We Are the World" which contains biting satire aimed at the Palestinian/Flotilla story. As has become standard practice lately, YouTube removed the video citing "copyright" complaints."

This video could not be embedded. Here is the link:

http://www.breitbart.tv/see-it-here-we-con-the-world-israeli-parody-video-removed-by-youtube/

Ghs

There are no angels in that clusterf*** in the Middle East. I'd like to know which side is being conned worse.

George,

Let's see if this does it. I went directly to LiveLeak:

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/955_1276459542"></param><param'>http://www.liveleak.com/e/955_1276459542"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/955_1276459542" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Michael

There are no angels in that clusterf*** in the Middle East. I'd like to know which side is being conned worse.

How many suicide bombers do the Israelis send over to the other side? While the Israelis are not "angels" they are not insane religious fanatics, by and large. The gung ho Orthodox types are in a tiny minority and they are kept under strong control by the Israeli government.

Let me know when you hear about Jews hijacking airplanes and flying them into tall buildings filled with non-combatants. Or when Jewish crazies strap on bombs and blow themselves up in supermarkets and pizza parlors.

Ba'al Chatzaf

How many suicide bombers do the Israelis send over to the other side? While the Israelis are not "angels" they are not insane religious fanatics, by and large. The gung ho Orthodox types are in a tiny minority and they are kept under strong control by the Israeli government.

Let me know when you hear about Jews hijacking airplanes and flying them into tall buildings filled with non-combatants. Or when Jewish crazies strap on bombs and blow themselves up in supermarkets and pizza parlors.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Right, and likewise I've heard of Israeli soldiers bulldozing homes and shooting citizens in Gaza.

No doubt there have been heinous crimes by fanatics on both sides that deserve no sympathy, whether through terrorism or state-condoned behavior. Ultimately though, structuring our vision into the dualism good/evil is about the most useless perspective someone can take towards resolving the conflict. I'm not saying I don't have a preference, but at least I don't have the imagination that one side is angelic while the other demonic.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Right, and likewise I've heard of Israeli soldiers bulldozing homes and shooting citizens in Gaza.

No doubt there have been heinous crimes by fanatics on both sides that deserve no sympathy, whether through terrorism or state-condoned behavior. Ultimately though, structuring our vision into the dualism good/evil is about the most useless perspective someone can take towards resolving the conflict. I'm not saying I don't have a preference, but at least I don't have the imagination that one side is angelic while the other demonic.

yeah - just the imagination of a useful idiot...

Wow, a personal attack. A clear example that when you press someone's buttons, they lose their basic civility.

Wow, a personal attack. A clear example that when you press someone's buttons, they lose their basic civility.

Hardly, just a general observation... one gets tired of all the concrete-bounders pretending principles...

Christopher,

I, for one, don't think you are a useful idiot.

I fully appreciate your refusal to be intimidated into falling into the "us against them" kind of bigotry.

People demand, "Who do you think are God's children? Them or us?"

And if you reply, "Neither or both, for a variety of reasons," some will call you a useful idiot.

In that sense, I am a "useful idiot," too.

Michael

Ba'al Chatzaf

"Resolving the conflict" is the destruction of Israel. Hamas embraces the dualism you allegedly eschew. While there is much to criticise Israel for, there is nothing to praise Hamas for. This is an Objectivist site and you've just given the life, work and person of Ayn Rand the finger with your condemnation of a "useless perspective." Hamas is demonic.

--Brant

I refuse to believe that an infant member of Hamas is evil. Ditto for the brainwashed and the equivalent of our conscientious objectors. These adults are misguided and often dangerous, but not evil. I believe they have a rational faculty that can be reached.

In other words, they can do evil acts, but they are not evil as human beings.

The evil ones are those who choose to manipulate and destroy others based on reasonable knowledge of the evil results such acts will produce. Short of being spiritually reborn in an almost literal sense, these people cannot be reached. They have chosen evil with their eyes wide open. (Most often, they have chosen their tribe over humanity as their fundamental standard of morality.)

My comments apply equally as well to fanatical Zionists and all other fanatics who choose violent intimidation as their paramount manner of persuasion.

Michael

The video was a self righteous circle jerk to justify a dubious security measure which was only necessary as part of the general domination and humiliation of the Palestinians.

Mmm, polemics. :P

On a side note, check out this guy -

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/03/02/hamas.spy/index.html?eref=rss_world&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_world+(RSS:+World)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher