Portobello Mushroom Burger

CNA

I was doing other things here on OL tonight and decided to post a recipe that I made for dinner tonight that some here may enjoy quite a bit. Very easy, relatively quick and extremely tasty!!!! WoW factor for taste for some I am sure BUT make sure you have a lot of napkins handy because this burger is extremely juicy and if cooked long enough and right, juices will be running down your arm and dripping off your elbows. Everyone that I know who's tried this recipe absolutely love it and have been told by quite a number of people that it is the best burger they've ever had. Hell, okay, if you like it that much, have at it!!!! Although no "meat," it is hardy and filling.

I'm not sure if this has been posted in the Kitchen yet but anyway, here it is and hope some ENJOY!!!

4 portobello mushroom caps

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon dried basil or sweet basil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon minced garlic

salt and pepper to taste (if you have Kosher salt or Sea Salt use this over plain table salt. Will add to flavor, texture, etc)

4 (1 ounce) sliced provolone cheese

Directions

Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.

Preheat grill for medium-high heat.

Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.

Serve on bun with aioli sauce or mayo or whatever you like, lettuce, tomato or grill up some onions with it and top on burger....whatever floats your boat!!!!

13822.jpg

If this is anything like the portobello steaks, it's gotta be awesome. Thanks for the recipe :)

~ Shane

It sounds scrumptious, Angie ... but, I'm sorry, it just ain't a burger. That requires meat. So I'm sticking with the "Six Dollar" (about $3.95) version at Carl's Jr. for now.

Oh my God! No meat! How could I have missed that!

--Brant

no meat is no good--try it; you'll like it