Obama's Crime Inc. with a dash of Soros

Obama's Crime Inc. with a dash of Soros

Glenn Beck has been presenting what he calls "Crime Inc." on his program. It is a series of "data points" and he connects the dots on his blackboard during his show.

I don't have time to do the research necessary for presenting this correctly, but I can lay down the broad outline of one arm of Crime Inc.: Soros Oil.

Beck lays out the same outline in different words here: Left Strangely Silent on Petrobras. (This is a rush transcript from his June 21, 2010 show.)

I will give informative links, but this does not mean I have read them all. I will be reading as we go along in the discussion.

This thing is particularly galling because it involves a Brazilian company and I lived there for 32 years.

Here goes:

Fact No. 1: George Soros is an evil sort of billionaire--one who likes to meddle in, and destroy, government economies. His currency trading almost once wrecked England's pound sterling, and he has done a number on places like Malaysia. His idea of insider trading is not to deal so much with "industry" insiders, but "government" insiders instead. He has some very big eyes set on doing the same to the USA.

Fact No. 2: Soros has funded many think tanks to get political influence. The Center for American Progress is one. This is a group pushing for things like green jobs legislation, trying to get conservative talk radio banned, etc. This organization oversaw Obama's transition team from the Bush administration. Strangely enough, the Wikipedia article on CAP does not mention this, but Beck does.

The guy who runs CAP is John Podesta, who has a very interesting brother, Tony Podesta (more below).

The influence CAP has in the White House is enormous, as Beck has shown with countless examples. It basically goes like this. CAP has made (and continues to make) many "suggestions" to Obama and then watched them become official policy within about 2 months.

At any rate, neither Soros nor CAP like environmental indifference. They are constantly pushing for green laws and ranting and railing against corporate greed and the oil economy.

Fact No. 3: For some strange reason, Soros decided to invest almost 1 billion dollars (actually over eight-hundred million) in Petrobras, which is Brazil's state-owned (mixed economy) oil company--a very profitable one at that. Beck claims it made $15 billion in profit last year. The investment Soros made in Petrobras ranks No. 2 in his investments.

Fact No. 4: BP had an oil spill--a nasty one. The spill itself is not really related, but boy, can these folks not let a crisis go to waste! Tony Podesta, John Podesta's brother, is the official lobbyist of BP.

So we have Brother John attacking BP and Brother Tony defending it--both with direct highest-level-possible influence on Obama's administration.

Fact No. 5: Both Podesta brothers, Soros, and everyone else involved with them are singing the praises of Cap and Trade and doing everything in their power to get Cap and Trade laws enacted. There are many other branches of Crime Inc. that run through this effort, but that is for later.

For now, leave it to say that Tony also has NBC as a major client. Guess who owns NBC? General Electric, which owns a lot of the grids, patents, etc, for implementing Cap-and-Trade at quite a profit. Is it any wonder the media from those quarters reports what it does? (It's a good thing Brother John thinks the same...)

Fact No. 6: Obama placed a moratorium on deep water drilling (over 500 feet). Thankfully, a federal judge just ruled an injunction against this, but there is a fight now underway.

The thing is Obama, Soros, the Podesta brothers, etc., etc., etc., hate pictures of oil-coated poor little critters and want to make sure that never happens again, forever and ever, amen.

This moratorium, if it stands, will make the 33 rigs offshore move to other countries and Beck cited about $6 billion will be lost in direct USA jobs as a result. But that is a mere detail. Obama also misrepresented the experts backing his moratorium, etc. This thing is really ugly.

Fact No. 7: Petrobras is drilling offshore at 14,022 feet. This is waaaaaaaaaay deeper than the 500 feet Obama & Co. (and presumably Soros & Co., who hate oil-covered birds and fish) consider good for the environment.

(I'll have to dig for a source later on this one. Beck claims to be fully documented. I imagine he is, too, seeing as how he could easily get sued.)

Fact No. 8: The USA government, through the Exim bank, is loaning $2 billion to Petrobras, precisely so they can do this deep-water drilling.

Fact No. 9: The rigs and employees who originally got shut down and opened back up (but still run the risk of being shut down) need a place to go--at least as a back-up plan. Brazil's lookin' awfully good... Petrobras has at least $2 billion to burn, but doesn't have all the equipment and specialized labor to do its projects...

Fact No. 10: Soros & Co., as a major stock-holder in Petrobras, makes a killing with USA dollars funding the deep-water drilling venture, while the USA gets totally screwed by laws pushed hard by Soros & Co.. And Obama gets to make speeches.

That's only the surface...

Michael

Fact No. 7: Petrobras is drilling offshore at 14,022 feet. This is waaaaaaaaaay deeper than the 500 feet Obama & Co. (and presumably Soros & Co., who hate oil-covered birds and fish) consider good for the environment.

(I'll have to dig for a source later on this one. Beck claims to be fully documented. I imagine he is, too, seeing as how he could easily get sued.)

The deepest well I could find that Petrobras has drilled is in 1886 M (6187 feet +/-)of water. Maybe he was including the depth of the well itself? Anyway this is very interesting. My reference is : http://www2.petrobras.com.br/Petrobras/ingles/plataforma/pla_aguas_profundas.htm

The loan from the Export-Import Bank is for Petrobras to drill in the Tupi oil field.

The Tupi field lies below a water depth of 2,140 m (7,020 ft), then a 2,000 metres (6,600 ft)-thick salt layer[.]

I did not include the rest of the sentence, which I thought was very confusing.

Here is another broad thought from Beck's show yesterday.

If Obama's 6 month moratorium on offshore drilling somehow gets around the court injunction, the 33 rigs presently in use will migrate to other countries. I don't remember the name of the company off the top of my head, but there is a big one that brokers leasing offshore rigs. Apparently it just got a call from Petrobras...

Now, what will happen if the 33 rigs go away is that they will not come back. It costs $10 million just to move one. And once they start pumping oil somewhere else, there will be no need or incentive to move them back to the USA.

In other words, offshore drilling in the USA gets banned without a law banning it.

Who gains with this?

How about people heavily invested in green energy schemes? And others heavily invested in oil brokerage firms--oil from other countries, that is?

Man, this stinks...

Michael