Suicide donkey?

Suicide donkey?

I know there is nothing really humorous about this issue, but sometimes things get so ridiculous that you don't know what to think.

Now Islamist terrorists are sending donkeys out on suicide bombing missions!

And the terrorists add incompetence to boot!

Gimmee a break!

Donkey detonated on Gaza border

By Associated Press and Jpost.com Staff

The Jerusalem Post

May 25, 2010

From the article:

A small Syrian-backed terrorist group in Gaza said its activists blew up a donkey cart laden with explosives close to the border with Israel on Tuesday, killing the animal but causing no human casualties.

Abu Ghassan, spokesman for the terrorist group, said more than 200 kilograms of dynamite were heaped on the animal-drawn cart. He added that the explosives were detonated 60 meters from the concrete security barrier that separates the territory from Israel.

What's to be blown up next?

A suicide dog?

Suicide fish?

Michael

Suicide donkey?

I know there is nothing really humorous about this issue, but sometimes things get so ridiculous that you don't know what to think.

Gimmee a break!

The Jerusalem Post

May 25, 2010

From the article:

A small Syrian-backed terrorist group in Gaza said its activists blew up a donkey cart laden with explosives close to the border with Israel on Tuesday, killing the animal but causing no human casualties.

Abu Ghassan, spokesman for the terrorist group, said more than 200 kilograms of dynamite were heaped on the animal-drawn cart. He added that the explosives were detonated 60 meters from the concrete security barrier that separates the territory from Israel.

A suicide dog?

Suicide fish?

Michael

When these animal bomb carriers have human casualties you might not find it so amusing.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Suicide donkey?

Gimmee a break!

The Jerusalem Post

May 25, 2010

From the article:

A suicide dog?

Suicide fish?

Michael

When these animal bomb carriers have human casualties you might not find it so amusing.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'm going to go ahead and defend Michael for a change :) - not that he needs my defense mind you, but I always like to agree with him when I can because we disagree enough about a certain other topic. Hahaha.

Michael started his post by saying:

I agree, I don't know what they will think of next. Sometimes the only response immediately available to us is to shake our heads and laugh - and then, once it sinks in, cry. :) I have all but given up on trying to empathize with Islamic terrorist. I will never be able to fully comprehend the feelings, experiences, or ways of thinking that would drive a person to this. This is so foreign to my way of thinking that I'm often not equipped to respond, at least initially, except to say "that's absolutely ridiculous!"

Ian

I'm not so sure this is a "suicide." I mean the donkey probably didn't know in any sense that it was going die.

I'm not so sure this is a "suicide." I mean the donkey probably didn't know in any sense that it was going die.

Tactically there is no difference so the nomenclature is good enough. We could call it a "sentient mobile IED" (SMIED) for no good reason.

--Brant

Donkicide? Or maybe the whole thing asinine.

I.E.D. Improvised Explosive Donkey

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

Tactically there is no difference so the nomenclature is good enough. We could call it a "sentient mobile IED" (SMIED) for no good reason.

--Brant

Not really. The old nomeclature -- before "suicide bombing" became a "household word" would've likely been "bombing," no? Slapping "suicide" to the front of this adds what? In the case of the usual suicide bombing, the meaning is, to me, much more clear: someone who is willing to blow herself or himself up to take out a target. The use of "suicide" in this case seems very clear and would distinguish the suicide bombing from the handiwork of Ted Kaczynski, the Volunteers of Ireland, and most military bombing raids.

--Brant

Not really. The old nomeclature -- before "suicide bombing" became a "household word" would've likely been "bombing," no? Slapping "suicide" to the front of this adds what? In the case of the usual suicide bombing, the meaning is, to me, much more clear: someone who is willing to blow herself or himself up to take out a target. The use of "suicide" in this case seems very clear and would distinguish the suicide bombing from the handiwork of Ted Kaczynski, the Volunteers of Ireland, and most military bombing raids.

Since today I've got a case of last-word-itis, I'll say that was then; this is now. So there!

--Brant

waiting for the suicide camels

The donkey is a victim of a bombing, as would have been humans and other animals, had they been killed by the explosion.

In World War II, animals were used as bomb carriers as well. For example, dogs carrying dynamite on their bodies were trained to crawl under tanks.

Edited by Xray

--Brant

waiting for the suicide camels

Would the bombs be implanted on their humps like they've now done with breast implants (or talk thereof) with women? :P

And I think Bob had a joke in his one statement regarding asinine. I'd like to add an "s" to that, calling it assinine to use donkeys as bomb carriers.

This whole donkey business bring a new meaning to the term "ass bomb." :blink:

~ Shane