Libertarian attorney Marc Victor in action

George H. Smith

Below is a video of Phoenix libertarian attorney Marc Victor at the Pastor Anderson trial. More of the trial can be seen in other YouTube videos.

For an overview of this case, see:

http://cbs13.com/local/Pastor.Beaten.And.2.987065.html

Marc won this case; the charges against Anderson were dropped.

This thing runs for an hour, but you can get a good sense of what's going on in the first ten minutes or so.

I've known Marc Victor for a decade. He's a bulldog, and if I ever got into legal trouble, he's the guy I would want to defend me.

Ghs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Below is a video of Phoenix libertarian attorney Marc Victor at the Pastor Anderson trial. More of the trial can be seen in other YouTube videos.

For an overview of this case, see:

http://cbs13.com/local/Pastor.Beaten.And.2.987065.html

Marc won this case; the charges against Anderson were dropped.

This thing runs for an hour, but you can get a good sense of what's going on in the first ten minutes or so.

I've known Marc Victor for a decade. He's a bulldog, and if I ever got into legal trouble, he's the guy I would want to defend me.

Ghs

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Being in this environment for my career for the past 14 or 15 years, he IS one hell of an attorney. I've been around countless number of attorneys through the years and he definitely ranks at the very top. Very passionate man and doesn't screw around. I like him!!!! It seems the issue I've gotten so far in his motion that he raised he is entitled to that information and it's not privileged in the least bit. I'm surprised that the judge and this hearing even proceeded forward. Obviously of course they want it supressed because there's damaging information in it and the reason opposing counsel is fighting it so hard. I'm just curious as to why the PMK wasn't called instead of this officer -- although seems to be the ranking superior possibly which is a bit alarming in watching him testify, some competency issues -- but it seems what I've gotten so far in watching the last 25 minutes of it or so that a number of witnesses have been called. Anyway....

Anyway, interesting post, George!!!!

Here is a videotape of the arrest of Pastor Anderson:

Ghs

Here is a videotape of the arrest of Pastor Anderson:

Ghs

OMG, I can't say I'm floored by what happened and so typical but amazed regardless.

That's one smart and sharp man. But I'm glad I don't need him. And what was the Taser for? Also glad to know about the checkpoint 75 miles from Yuma.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

That's one smart and sharp man. But I'm glad I don't need him. And what was the Taser for? Also glad to know about the checkpoint 75 miles from Yuma.

--Brant

Marc, a former Marine, specializes in defending people charged with drug offenses. He believes passionately in drug legalization, and he even lost a potential job as a Phoenix magistrate because he stated that he would not sentence people for drug offenses. He's hard core all the way.

I've spoken at a number of Freedom Summit conferences in Phoenix, for which Marc was one of the organizers, so I've had a lot of time to hang out with him. One of the more interesting stories he told me was about a guy who was arrested on a drug possession charge. I don't recall the details, but Marc got the charges dropped based on the precise time that the cop turned on his overhead lights. Amazing.

Ghs

I watched the whole thing.

It held my attention all the way through, but I still don't like lawyers.

:)

(I gotta say, though, the guy's pretty damn good... Better than I imagine Valliant to be... :rolleyes: And what's with the judge who can't speak English? If I am not mistaken, her general attitude seemed to favor Mr. Victor over the state's attorney. Maybe she has a thing for...?... Dayaamm! Now see? There I go again!... Lawyers always seem do that to me...)

Michael

smile.gif

(I gotta say, though, the guy's pretty damn good... Better than I imagine Valliant to be... rolleyes.gif And what's with the judge who can't speak English? If I am not mistaken, her general attitude seemed to favor Mr. Victor over the state's attorney. Maybe she has a thing for...?... Dayaamm! Now see? There I go again!... Lawyers always seem do that to me...)

Michael

She can speak English. It's just that Spanish is her first language. She was a little over her head, like she couldn't quite get her brain around the situation. She should have taken only a few minutes to direct that the court be provided with the contended document. Period. Basically, it was like the Special Forces Colonel in Vietnam who got out of a murder trial because the CIA refused to cooperate with the prosecution, probably at the direction of the Nixon White House. I don't know if that was the eventual result here. This was not a trial, but some kind of preliminary hearing. This is a Federal Court, and I haven't yet figured out the charge. He was tasered by officers of the DPS (highway patrol), which is State. I couldn't figure out who placed the defendant under arrest. The defendant was an idiot to keep himself locked in his car with the windows up arguing after he had been informed he was under arrest. One can assume that if he wasn't an idiot he wanted to be treated roughly so everything would be eventually hung out for public display. I hate dealing with any law enforcement agency. I'll take them to court whenever I can, even if I'm guilty. I got a phoney ticket in 1978 in my town in New Jersey, from a lieutenant, and immediately went to the police chief to factually complain. At the trial the chief was in the audience while I cross-examined the stupid officer's ass right into the ground. I was convicted anyway by perjured testimony, but that lieutenant did not become police chief subsequent to the retirement of his superior. I know I spiked his career. I'd do it again.

And there was another speeding ticket I got in New York State whereby in court the officer had to prosecute his own case. After the officer's testimony I asked the judge if the officer was finished or would come back with more testimony. The judge said, finished. I then said that all the officer's testimony was true and accurate. It was me, my car, and I was going at that speed. Just one problem: the officer did not testify as to what the speed-limit was. Not guilty. His was the same police department that lost two officers in the 1981 Brink's robbery. One Brink's guard was shot down by radical leftists at a shopping mall and they ran away in a rented box truck. When four officers pulled them over the moll, Kathy Boudin, riding in the front seat, convinced the officers to lower their weapons. Then the robbers jumped out of the rear, killed two officers and ran away. The moll was caught and her leftist father-lawyer's friend Leonard Weinglass got her the best deal he could. She was one of the survivors of the Greenwich Village town-house bomb factory that blew up on the bomb-makers in 1970. What they really were, of course, weren't radicals; they were communists. Like today's fascists who hide behind the facade of "progressives."

--Brant

make your luck and duck

Edited by Brant Gaede

:)

(I gotta say, though, the guy's pretty damn good... Better than I imagine Valliant to be... :rolleyes: And what's with the judge who can't speak English? If I am not mistaken, her general attitude seemed to favor Mr. Victor over the state's attorney. Maybe she has a thing for...?... Dayaamm! Now see? There I go again!... Lawyers always seem do that to me...)

Michael

ROFLMAO.... :o:huh:<_< It was quite riveting, wasn't it? There's not much that can break my focus and attention :o ......LOL