Midday at the Museum

BaalChatzaf

Yesterday (April 24) was an exceptionally beautiful day in New York City. Spouse (She Who Must Be Obeyed) and I want to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They had some rather choice Asian exhibits. They also had an exhibit of early Picasso works, when his paintings looked like actual objects and people. There was a lecture on Picasso. I came away with this choice Picasso Quote: "Good Artists Borrow; Great Artists Steal" Luv it, luv it, luv it.

I would have like to meet Pablo Picasso. He was not only an interesting artist, but a genuine Smart Ass. My kind of people.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Here's a short video by Jeff Veen that puts this quote into a great perspective.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's kind of funny how Picasso "stole" the saying from T. S. Eliot.

Michael

As far as I ever knew it was Stravinsky who said that. Now I'm all confused. It got stolen. He might've stolen it from T.S. Eliot, who said "Good poets borrow, great poets steal."

These guys are all freaking larcenous, man.

Edited by Rich Engle

As far as I ever knew it was Stravinsky who said that. Now I'm all confused. It got stolen. He might've stolen it from T.S. Eliot, who said "Good poets borrow, great poets steal."

These guys are all freaking larcenous, man.

Maybe this is where came the phrase - all property is theft, huh... :rolleyes::blink:<_<