Dudley Moore Beethoven Sonata Parody

A clever parody by the multi-talented Dudley Moore.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

In the early 70ths I saw Dudley Moore and Peter Cook do their two-man show here in Washington. It was a very funny evening. I will warn you don't say "peach & frog" in the same sentence. I may laugh for several minutes.

Peter Cook did little after he and Dudley broke up and Peter like Dudley died much too early.

In the early 70ths I saw Dudley Moore and Peter Cook do their two-man show here in Washington. It was a very funny evening. I will warn you don't say "peach & frog" in the same sentence. I may laugh for several minutes.

Peter Cook did little after he and Dudley broke up and Peter like Dudley died much too early.

My only claim to fame in the comedy department is that I saw Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl in 1980. That was their final live performance together.

Ghs

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I forgot that Dudley Moore & Peter Cook did the movie called "Bedazzled". Cook was Satan and Raquel Welch was "Lust".

This was after I saw them and before Moore did "10".

• 11 months later...

Just came across this and loved hearing it again! I only knew it from an old Beyond the Fringe record and it's great to see Moore actually performing it. I loved that record = "Why I'd Rather be a Judge than a Miner" and "The End of the World" were two of my favourites on it. As I remember:

(End-of-worlders atop mountain awaiting end of world)

Disciple: So here we are at the end of the world as it has been foretold,then?

Leader: Yes, according to my Ingersoll watch.

Disciple: And will there be a mighty, mighty wind then?

Leader: Yes, a mighty, mighty wind.

D: And will it lay low the mountains of the Earth?

L: Of course not, why do you think we've come up the mountain, you great git?

Edited by daunce lynam

• 7 months later...

Just came across this and loved hearing it again! I only knew it from an old Beyond the Fringe record and it's great to see Moore actually performing it. I loved that record = "Why I'd Rather be a Judge than a Miner" and "The End of the World" were two of my favourites on it. As I remember:

(End-of-worlders atop mountain awaiting end of world)

Disciple: So here we are at the end of the world as it has been foretold,then?

Leader: Yes, according to my Ingersoll watch.

Disciple: And will there be a mighty, mighty wind then?

Leader: Yes, a mighty, mighty wind.

D: And will it lay low the mountains of the Earth?

L: Of course not, why do you think we've come up the mountain, you great git?

Good heavens, did I have the last word here on the wonderful Dudley Moore? Not only did he go to Oxford on an Organ sholarship =a great start for a comedian if I ever heard one - but he on an engendered one of the great philosophical questions for the ages: "Moore, do you have apples in that basket"? Imagine, just imagine, if he had said oranges.