IQ and Heredity

Peter

I wrote:

As a compromise if anyone wishes to continue this conversation, I would advise being circumspect and rational. I will know what you mean, simply because, like my cat, I can read pantomime 8-)

Brant then replied:

When I can think of something good to say about Peter Taylor--I won't.

End quote

Ah hah! So Brant is implying that the hidden meaning in my last post was good! Great pantomimed response Brant, except you won’t respond positively in an overt fashion – I get it.

So from now on when I see a negative response from you, I will look for the hidden, positive truth. Thank you for making that clear. You are well above average! And so is that Hungarian / International guy Marotta, with his Italian sounding name.

Remember. Be circumspect. Don’t even whisper the truth. Talk around it. Be safe, all you Bravehearts.

Now let us speculate about immigration. Question, if we had a million slots for admittance, and keeping the query out of the pastel and lighter color ranges - would it be in our national self interst to admit a million dark folk from Africa or a million dark folk from India? Muslim or Hindu, cattle herders or doctors and doctoral candidates? That's a tough one, Brant. Will you please answer negatively so I can see a response?

I'm just getting a handle on this newspeak so I still need some help from you cowardly lions.

Peter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I was referring to you personally, Peter, never mind anything you might write is right for if it is and I'm interested in the subject I'll just say it's right and not write obscurantist gibberish open to investigative interpretation to gild one's ego's soul.

If MM deleted his post at 3:00 in the morning you should have the grace and courtesy not to undelete it just because you have some super-duper software.

For the record, I think you are a bully. Not a conventional, cowardly bully; you like to pick on the big boys. I hope you don't think I just said something nice about you.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

• 1 month later...

Oh, I was referring to you personally, Peter, never mind anything you might write is right for if it is and I'm interested in the subject I'll just say it's right and not write obscurantist gibberish open to investigative interpretation to gild one's ego's soul.

If MM deleted his post at 3:00 in the morning you should have the grace and courtesy not to undelete it just because you have some super-duper software.

For the record, I think you are a bully. Not a conventional, cowardly bully; you like to pick on the big boys. I hope you don't think I just said something nice about you.

--Brant

• 3 months later...

Robert Tracinski wrote:

Moral law, in Ayn Rand's philosophy, is natural law: it is the logical, long-term consequences of one's ideas and actions on one's well-being and survival. The moral law is not someone's arbitrary invention. It is not a code imposed from above by some supernatural being, who is personally in charge of meting out rewards and punishment according to his preferences. Instead, moral law is as inevitable as the laws of physics. It is the law of cause and effect applied to human action.

End quote

Science is our best attempt to identify and explain cause and effect, and the scientific study of humans is an attempt to identify cause and effect as it applies to human actions. The person who uses their reason (as does a Scientist) is not seeking to impose artificial restrictions or limitations upon humans. However, we must know, what is inevitable. The topic, “Race and Heredity,” is an attempt to identify that which is, and not to pigeon hole, or limit the aspirations of any human. To ignore the truths we discover is an attempt to evade reality.

What “is” . . . “is.” Science is not a moral issue, however, whether we use science or not, whether we think or not, is a moral issue.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

<br>Michael E. Marotta wrote about Neanderthals: <br>I would not characterize them as primitive, brutish or stupid. <br>End quote<br><br>Michael I must disagree. I would say Neanderthals were primitive, and comparatively stupid, but not brutish.<br><br>Primitive: There was no change in tool making ability for 250,000 years. Only after they copied "our" innovations did they learn anything new. A recent study of their vocal cords suggests their speech may have been musical to our ears. I am sure that they produced music, art, and told stories. Yet if they survived until today, they would always be living in "lesser" conditions. Always, because it would be their nature.   <br><br><br>. . . <br><br>Are black, homo sapiens sapiens "the killer ape," as one author suggested? As a non-racial aside, I noticed that the new screening procedures for incoming flights is more heavily relying on profiling.<br>
<br><br><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><br></font></font><b><a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703686304575228380902037988.html">Most People Carry Neanderthal Genes</a></b><div><br></div><div><b><a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703686304575228380902037988.html">Team Finds up to 4% of Human Genome Comes From Extinct Species, the First Evidence It Mated With Homo Sapiens<br></a></b><br>Turns out that if Mr. Taylor is not a killer black african ape, then he is descended from stupid, primitive Neanderthals.

</div>

Edited by Ted Keer

Ted Keer quoted and wrote:

Most People Carry Neanderthal Genes . . . Team Finds up to 4% of Human Genome Comes From Extinct Species, the First Evidence It Mated With Homo Sapiens . . . Turns out that if Mr. Taylor is not a killer black African ape, then he is descended from stupid, primitive Neanderthals.

End quote

Now cut that out, Rochester! You’ve been peeking at my fur when I take a shower.

Seriously, it is hard to be Objective when Conventional PC wisdom is hammered into you. Somehow the truth can be viewed as intolerable. If you come from a religious background, remember when you heard about your first atheist? Did you want to punch the heretic in the nose? Same thing when you challenge any PC belief with facts. The True Believers are outraged.

Next you will be saying Tea Party members are all racists.

Peter

Most People Carry Neanderthal Genes . . . Team Finds up to 4% of Human Genome Comes From Extinct Species, the First Evidence It Mated With Homo Sapiens . . . Turns out that if Mr. Taylor is not a killer black African ape, then he is descended from stupid, primitive Neanderthals.

End quote

Now cut that out, Rochester! You've been peeking at my fur when I take a shower.

Seriously, it is hard to be Objective when Conventional PC wisdom is hammered into you. Somehow the truth can be viewed as intolerable. If you come from a religious background, remember when you heard about your first atheist? Did you want to punch the heretic in the nose? Same thing when you challenge any PC belief with facts. The True Believers are outraged.

Peter

"Killer ape" and "stupid," "primitive" Neanderthal are your words, Peter. I simply provided the link to the recent peer-reviewed findings. Science points out that you are either one or the other or both.

I am not sure what you mean by being Objective and Conventional PC wisdom. You are the one making the odd, broad, generalizations.

Having grown up in an all white (three black students out of 500 in my HS graduating class) town and then moved to New York where most of my clients and coworkers have been black or Hispanic, I have found that white women from the Upper East Side are inevitably the most irrational and difficult to deal with.

I'm just sayin.

Edited by Ted Keer

End quote

Now cut that out, Rochester! You’ve been peeking at my fur when I take a shower.

Peter

[/quote

Hi Peter,

I try to resist any pickiness and choosiness when it comes to the "T"-word. If I can't take all the truth, I don't deserve any, I reckon.

So, full steam ahead, Peter, and damn those PC torpedos.

:pirate:

Tony

Edited by whYNOT