How are my number of posts limited on OL?

1/24 9:47 Signed in. No message immediately. Started new thread (this one). I see a msg that says:

"You can make 4 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99287 more approved posts."

The first part appears to be based on my making this post at 8:31 today, about 86 minutes ago.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/24 9:58 After the prior post and clicking to add a reply (this one) I see a msg saying:

"You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99286 more approved posts."

1/24 10:02 Editing this post. It now says I can make 2 more until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. My quota is not reduced due to this edit.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

1/24 9:58 After the prior post and clicking to add a reply (this one) I see a msg saying:

"You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99286 more approved posts."

1/24 10:02 Editing this post. It now says I can make 2 more until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. My quota is not reduced due to this edit.

Looks buggy to me! :) It appears your quota IS reduced by editing. Also you made 2 posts and you only have 2 left??

Looks buggy to me! :) It appears your quota IS reduced by editing. Also you made 2 posts and you only have 2 left??

No. It said '3 more allowed' as I began to write the previous post and '2 more allowed' when I went back to edit the previous post after completing it. Before this one, I had made 3 posts this morning -- 2 on this thread plus this one on another thread -- so '2 more allowed' is correct.

Edit: I should have written "a post" rather than "this post" in post #1, but I can't edit #1 or #2 now since each is more than 1 hour old.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

No. It said '3 more allowed' as I began to write the previous post and '2 more allowed' when I went back to edit the previous post after completing it. Before this one, I had made 3 posts this morning -- 2 on this thread plus this one on another thread -- so '2 more allowed' is correct.

Edit: I should have written "a post" rather than "this post" in post #1, but I can't edit #1 or #2 now since each is more than 1 hour old.

OK, good luck :)

I see that a new 'five post cycle' has started as I have just logged in now.

It says:

"You can make 5 more posts today". This restriction is in place until you have 98374 more approved posts"

I'll push my "add reply" button now without editing, then will go to another post here, push 'reply' and am curious which message I'll get.

Back now after a few seconds and and, lo and behold, what does it say:

You can make 2 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 05:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 98373 more approved posts

So after making one post, the first of the "five more posts today" cycle, (so there should be four to go left), it says I now can make only two more until the next day??

Message 1 does not add up with message 2.

If that isn't a glitch in the software, I don't know what is.

Edited by Xray

I see that a new 'five post cycle' has started as I have just logged in now.

It says:

"You can make 5 more posts today". This restriction is in place until you have 98374 more approved posts"

So far I have not seen any message like this. I have not gotten any messages simply by logging in. I only see a message when I show my intent to post (e.g., by hitting a 'reply' button.)

I'll push my "add reply" button now without editing, then will go to another post here, push 'reply' and am curious which message I'll get.

Back now after a few seconds and and, lo and behold, what does it say:

You can make 2 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 05:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 98373 more approved posts

So after making one post, the first of the "five more posts today" cycle, (so there should be four to go left), it says I now can make only two more until the next day??

Message 1 does not add up with message 2.

If that isn't a glitch in the software, I don't know what is.

Firstly, why are trying to start a 2nd reply w/o having finished the first one?

It seems your "5 post cycle" view is making you unable to understand how the limit actually works. There is no cycle, meaning a recurring time interval of constant magnitude. It's pretty clear that the interval used is a 24 hour look-back from the present. A one-interval look-back does not make a cycle.

This makes my 5th post in the last 24 hours (all since 8:31 today), so I expect to not be able to post again until 8:31 a.m. tomorrow.

1/24 9:47 Signed in. No message immediately. Started new thread (this one). I see a msg that says:

"You can make 4 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99287 more approved posts."

The first part appears to be based on my making this post at 8:31 today, about 86 minutes ago.

So when signing in, starting with your 'five-post cycle', you got the message "You can make "four more posts today", before making the first post in the cycle?

MJ: 1/24 9:58 After the prior post and clicking to add a reply (this one) I see a msg saying:

So you saw a message saying "You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 8:31 AM today" AFTER clicking to add the reply post - right?

And when editing that reply post, you get the message that you can make two more posts. This indicates that the quota IS reduced due to editing.

GS (who writes software) noticed this as well:

View Postgeneral semanticist, on 24 January 2010 - 10:55 AM, said:

No. It said '3 more allowed' as I began to write the previous post and '2 more allowed' when I went back to edit the previous post after completing it.

This contradicts what you first stated (see quote listed above), where you verbatim wrote that (bolding mine) "after the prior post and clicking to add a reply (this one) I see a msg saying:

"You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99286 more approved posts." (Merlin)

Your first version says it was after clicking to add a reply you got the message 3 more posts,

whereas

Your second version says it was before clicking to add a reply ("as I began to write the previous post" )(Merlin)

Which is it now, Merlin?

This 'explanantion' is VERY confusing, MJ.

So if you would please make a new post where you explain it in more detail, after which then we'll compare all your posts on this to get the picture. TIA.

Michael wrote on another thread:

MSK: I think IPB uses the Microsoft habit of putting out software with a lot ofuntested stuff, letting the paying customers sift through the bugs, then fixing them as the complaints identify them.

It looks like there are bugs in the software all over the place, so they can be affecting the five post cycles as well.

He says, "I think" IPB puts out untested software letting the "paying customers" find the bugs.

"I think", but he doesn't know?

Does paying for software not imply a guarantee of proper functioning?

If there are so many bugs, why not contact the software maker and ask for correction and/or money back?

Knowing I couldn't post, I tried anyway to see the message. It was:"You cannot make any more posts. You have exceeded 5 posts per day. This will reset when you have made 99283 more approved posts."

As I said about a month ago, the message's wording is poor. "per day" should say "in the last 24 hours".

I also tried editing a post. What looked like a post with me as author saying "NO_POSTING_PPD" appeared temporarily. It didn't stay on the thread. So my conclusion is that I also cannot edit when having made 5 posts in the last 24 hours.

So when signing in, starting with your 'five-post cycle', you got the message "You can make "four more posts today", before making the first post in the cycle?

No.

So you saw a message saying "You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 8:31 AM today" AFTER clicking to add the reply post - right?

And when editing that reply post, you get the message that you can make two more posts. This indicates that the quota IS reduced due to editing.

Wrong and wrong. You misinterpreted and contradicted what I said.

This contradicts what you first stated (see quote listed above), where you verbatim wrote that (bolding mine) "after the prior post and clicking to add a reply (this one) I see a msg saying:

"You can make 3 more posts until 25 January 2010 - 08:31 AM. This restriction is in place until you have 99286 more approved posts." (Merlin)

Your first version says it was after clicking to add a reply you got the message 3 more posts,

whereas

Your second version says it was before clicking to add a reply ("as I began to write the previous post" )(Merlin)

Which is it now, Merlin?

There is no contradiction nor inconsistency as I explained to GS. He understood my explanation before you posted. Why didn't you? Read more carefully.

This 'explanantion' is VERY confusing, MJ.

I'm not at all surprised you would say that, but others being confused by it would surprise me.

It looks like there are bugs in the software all over the place, so they can be affecting the five post cycles as well.

There is no cycle! It is a 24-hour look-back from a changing 'now'. You may finally get it if you stop trying to square-peg-round-hole.jpg

While writing this post there was a message saying "You can make 5 more posts today." This is somewhat misleading. I can make 5 posts today but not all immediately. Making this post (I expect) will put me at the 5 limit again. However, I will be at 4 in the last 24 hours at 9:58 and 3 in the last 24 hours at 10:02. If you click on my name (top left) and then 'Find Post', it is readily apparent why I say this.

I clicked on the reply button for the prior post, logged in, and then saw a message:

"You can make 5 more posts today. ... "

This is easy to misinterpret. I can make 5 today, but I can only make four more (this being the one of the four), since I made one earlier today.

Edit: After posting this one, I saw a message: "You can make 1 more posts until Today, 11:10 AM." That fits the 24-hour look-back rule.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

Merlin -

It sounds exactly as has been explained to Xray, painstakingly and repeatedly.

As I posted earlier - the notices could be more clear, but it is obvious even when reading them what they must mean. (When you post and it says you can post 5 more "that day" it should be clear that day is not defined by local time in the poster's location, but by a 24 hour time window. And that the 5 includes the current post, so it's really 4 more. Nothing too complex or confusing about that.)

Bill P

Edited by Bill P

Bill, Brant, Merlin, et. al.:

...the notices could be more clear, Bill P.

This does raise an issue in my mind as to a self awareness issue and/or a motive issue concerning Ms. Xray, but I am a suspicious bastard as a norm.

I found her following statement quite interesting:

Exchanging posts with you always [sic] makes me think I'm a handling a pressure cooker already hissing. Cool it a bit.

A child is no "property" of the state. And people can send their children to private schools as well here. I myself attended for seven years a private school run by Catholic nuns.

Attending school is compulsory, so if parents just don't send their children to school (for whatever reason) they will get in trouble with the law.

I personally have nothing against homeschooling. Laws can change. For example, I grew up at time when practising homosexuality among males was considered a criminal offense and now we have foreign minister who is a homosexual. So much for "objective morality". It doesn't exist.

I went to the link you gave and it says in a blog entry:

Here is a professional government teacher in Germany who cannot even understand home schooling. Moreover, the comfortable manner in which she states:

Attending school is compulsory, so if parents just don't send their children to school (for whatever reason) they will get in trouble with the law

As chilling as that statement is, whatever "horrors" she was subjected to by the Catholic nuns may have a bearing on her rigid and repetitive litany of subjective morality, which I assume is the obverse of "objective morality" which she condemns.

Very confused young lady, Ms. Xray.

And Brant seems to be on the outs now with Ms. Xray, now that she invited Michael and Bill P over to look at her programs ...getting kinky over there, must be those nuns.

I mean I assume it is ok to inquire about Ms. Xray's sexual relationships since she seems perfectly discussing Ayn's.

Adam

"a pressure cooker already hissing"

girl's got some issues - yes I have an icon, but it would never get through the programing

Incidentally, Wikipedia has a page on Homeschooling in Germany. It includes this:

The European Court took the position that the plaintiffs were the children, not their parents, and declared "children are unable to foresee the consequences of their parents' decision for home education because of their young age.... Schools represent society, and it is in the children's interest to become part of that society. The parents' right to educate does not go as far as to deprive their children of that experience."

That is revealing about the German government's attitude toward children.

Returning to the main topic, I see a message saying "You can make 5 more posts today. ..." Again, this is correct, but could be misinterpreted. I can make 5 today, but not all immediately since I made 2 yesterday later on the clock than now.

Edit: Posted the above and now editing. I see a message that says, "You can make 2 more posts until Today, 08:53 AM. ..." That is accurate. 5 - 2 (yesterday) - 1 (this one) = 3.

Edit 2: Signed out, then signed in again to edit this post again. I see the same message. Therefore, editing does NOT count against my number of posts limit.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

Edit: Posted the above and now editing. I see a message that says, "You can make 2 more posts until Today, 08:53 AM. ..." That is accurate. 5 - 2 (yesterday) - 1 (this one) = 3.

Oops! I made a typo, and it's too late to edit it. 5 - 2 - 1 = 2.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

Merlin Jetton: I see a msg that says:

MJ, why does this message show the end of the 24 hour cycle as 08:31 AM on the 25th since this is the exact time of day that you asked for the limit test on the 24th? See your post # 378 here: http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7569&st=360&p=88985entry88985

Your post that was made on the 24th at 08:31 AM asks MSK to limit your posts to five per day. Since the limiting didn't begin until after this request, how do you count this post in the limit?

You request for post limit at 08:31 (time mark of your # 378 post to MSK on that other thread) and the request was granted in the same second by MSK? (time mark for end of cycle)?

There is no cycle! It is a 24-hour look-back from a changing 'now'. You may finally get it if you stop trying to.

So you in all seriousnesss claim that, if 08:31 AM on the 24th was the start time of your 24hour period for five posts, which ends 08:31 AM on the next day, the 25th, this indicates no cycle?

You yourself mention the five posts in 24 hours cycle while at the same time denying there is a cycle?

Suppose you are on a diet limiting you to five pieces of chocolate a day (or five pieces of chocolate in 24 hours transgressing the date limit, it makes no difference).

Let's say you started with the first piece at 8:31 AM Dec 24th, which means you can eat four more until 8:31 AM Dec 25th, after which a new 24 hour eating cycle starts.

You can eat the four remaining pieces of chocolate at whatever interval you choose, but have to wait till a new cycle starts at 8:31 AM Dec 25.

MJ:

I clicked on the reply button for the prior post, logged in, and then saw a

This is easy to misinterpret. I can make 5 today, but I can only make four more (this being the one of the four), since I made one earlier today."

"Easy to misinterpret?" The wording "five more today" is just plain wrong. Are you downplaying it all because you are reluctant to admit that I had valid complaints about the software all along? The software message "You can make 5 more posts today" (when you have already made one or more) is an error.

What's to "misinterpret? You make two posts, one at 08:53 AM (25th) and another at 10:27 AM (25th), two posts out of five leaving three and the message is: "You can make 5 more posts today..." Two down, yet it says can make 5 MORE?"

To illustrate with the chocolate example: suppose someone else keeps your five pieces of chocoate a day in a box and hands them out you to each time. You have already eaten two of the five, and when you ask this John Doe for the next, he announces to you: "You can eat five more pieces of chocolate today".

Well, five more in addition to those 2 you have alrady eaten, that would be seven pieces of chocolate in total instead of five. Wouldn't you rightly ask John Doe if he can't count to five?

He gives you one and after you have eaten it (it's your third actually), now suddenly tells you that you can only eat two more.

You say good-bye and after coming back after a few hours for your next chocolate snack, again he says, "You can eat five more pieces of chocolate today".

Which would make eight now. :D

Bill P: as I posted earlier - the notices could be more clear, but it is obvious even when reading them what they must mean. (When you post and it says you can post 5 more "that day" it should be clear that day is not defined by

local time in the poster's location, BUT BY A 24 HOUR TIME WINDOW.

And that the 5 includes the current post, so it's really 4 more. Nothing to complex or confusing about that.)"

It verbatim says five more posts "today", the frame of reference for 'today' being the calendar day from 00:00 hours to 24:00 hours in the OL forum time zone (US Central I suppose). Regardless from where you post, this is what 'today' refers to.

In a face to face meeting, suppose John Doe told you today at 11 AM: "Bill, you can eat five more pieces of chocolate today", you certainly will understand this as starting from the time (11 AM) John tells you this. Five more to go from the time he gives you the message.

"Notices could be more clear"? You look straight at contradictions revealing a fouled up software and attempt to brush it all aside by a mere "notices could be more clear"?

MJ reports the same problems with editing as I had:

MJ

I also tried editing a post. What looked like a post with me as author saying "NO_POSTING_PPD" appeared temporarily. It didn't stay on the thread.

So my conclusion is that I also cannot edit when having made 5 posts in the last 24 hours."

How were you blocked out from editing unless trying to access to edit what was wrongly seen by the software as attempt to make another post?

In that case, the edit feature is connected to the counting feature in a way to count an edit as a post (at least on the number five post)

rather than calculation on post number. Imo it indicates faulty software which does not allow editing the last post of a series.

MJ: Edit 2: Signed out, then signed in again to edit this post again. I see the same message. Therefore, editing does NOT count against my number of posts limit.

I've noticed that too: it does not always seem to count editing as posting. This only adds to the chaos.

For how can it be explained why it would not let you (and me), at other times, edit our posts where we got "NO_POSTING_PPD" messages when trying to edit the last post of a 'five' series?

If the program functions like I think it does, it's simply a computer digital clocking coordinated with post count with a cut off circuit impulse sent to "deny access" after the count of five.

Supposed to work that way does not mean it is working properly. Indeed, I'm convinced that it isn't (like counting editing as separate posting).

MSK, just exactly what is the name and version of the specific program you are using?

Edited by Xray

Here is a professional government teacher in Germany who cannot even understand home schooling.

I see you have not yet answered my question where I asked you:

Can you name one USA state that has absolutely no regulation of private school or home schooling? (Legally the same).(Xray)

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8058&st=260

Moreover, the comfortable manner in which she states:

Attending school is compulsory, so if parents just don't send their children to school (for whatever reason) they will get in trouble with the law

I pointed out just the facts. You assuming I stated this in a "comfortable manner" is your subjective connotation, not mine. Again, you illustrate how distorting it is to confuse one's subjective feelings with objective reality.

As chilling as that statement is, whatever "horrors" she was subjected to by the Catholic nuns may have a bearing on her rigid and repetitive litany of subjective morality, which I assume is the obverse of "objective morality" which she condemns.

The very idea of subjective morality excludes any kind of litany. It's the objective morality advocates who have that laundry list of 'one set for all' cardinal values and virtues.

As for the nuns, it was was very difficult for them, unsuccesfully trying to keep us in line at a time when the students' revolution had begun to sweep all over Europe and Bob Dylan sang that "The times they were a changin". And how they were! :D

BTW, still waiting for you to reply to my #279 post on the other thread. You claimed to be such a good debater - why don't you go ahead and prove it?

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8058&st=260

Edited by Xray

Merlin Jetton: I see a msg that says:

MJ, why does this message show the end of the 24 hour cycle as 08:31 AM on the 25th since this is the exact time of day that you asked for the limit test on the 24th? See your post # 378 here: http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7569&st=360&p=88985entry88985

Your post that was made on the 24th at 08:31 AM asks MSK to limit your posts to five per day. Since the limiting didn't begin until after this request, how do you count this post in the limit?

You request for post limit at 08:31 (time mark of your # 378 post to MSK on that other thread) and the request was granted in the same second by MSK? (time mark for end of cycle)?

There is no cycle! It's a lookback! What makes you presume that the program must recognize when I asked for the limit? How is the program suppose to know when I asked? Do you expect it to read the content of my post? :D

So you in all seriousnesss claim that, if 08:31 AM on the 24th was the start time of your 24hour period for five posts, which ends 08:31 AM on the next day, the 25th, this indicates no cycle?

Yes, because there is no cycle! Are you ever going to understand that?

You yourself mention the five posts in 24 hours cycle while at the same time denying there is a cycle?

Hogwash.

Suppose you are on a diet limiting you to five pieces of chocolate a day (or five pieces of chocolate in 24 hours transgressing the date limit, it makes no difference).

Let's say you started with the first piece at 8:31 AM Dec 24th, which means you can eat four more until 8:31 AM Dec 25th, after which a new 24 hour eating cycle starts.

You can eat the four remaining pieces of chocolate at whatever interval you choose, but have to wait till a new cycle starts at 8:31 AM Dec 25.

There is no cycle! The program first sets the end of the 24-hour look back, then calculates the start from that.

MJ:

I clicked on the reply button for the prior post, logged in, and then saw a

This is easy to misinterpret. I can make 5 today, but I can only make four more (this being the one of the four), since I made one earlier today."

"Easy to misinterpret?" The wording "five more today" is just plain wrong.

Hogwash.

Are you downplaying it all because you are reluctant to admit that I had valid complaints about the software all along? The software message "You can make 5 more posts today" (when you have already made one or more) is an error.

Hogwash.

Edited by Merlin Jetton

Precisely:

"Hogwash is one of the most abundant elements in the known Universe. It is third in line of prevalence behind crap and tedium and before the fourth most common element poppycock. While similar in structure (some consider it isometric with poppycock), it is not to be confused with either of the above, nor is it to be categorized with the universal elements Fluffiness, Holiness, and Evilness.

The term hogwash has a very rich etymological history, owing its frequent inclusion as a catch phrase in popular culture and dialogue to its overpowering presence on Earth, the Moon, and several orbiting comets in our Solar System. It was first isolated in 1502AD by the 53rd incarnation of the Bhudda, but in more modern history has been produced with industrial capacity by reducing a solution of humor and wit in a solvent rich in the potent element human stupidity.

While it is most often used in conversation, it can also represent the natural phenomenon also known as pig rain, in which pigs, which until recently have been flying due to someone's overuse of crap, collect to form a cloud and fall back to the earth. From an alternate application of the term, Hogwash has also been connected with the popular phrase "sh** hitting the fan" due to the close relationship between swine and their general lack of sanitation, as well as the actual process of washing a pig for the same reason."

Perfectly on point Merlin.

Adam

The term hogwash has a very rich etymological history, owing its frequent inclusion as a catch phrase in popular culture and dialogue to its overpowering presence on Earth, the Moon, and several orbiting comets in our Solar System. It was first isolated in 1502AD by the 53rd incarnation of the Bhudda, but in more modern history has been produced with industrial capacity by reducing a solution of humor and wit in a solvent rich in the potent element human stupidity.

I think someone needs an illustration:hogwash.jpg Schweinewaschen!

Merlin,

The clock that prompts the message 'Today' is on a midnight to midnight count (Central US time zone I assume), and NOT on a random 24 hours cycle with messages corresponding to the cycle. This is contradiction, a software programming error, or developed fault. Yes, it is "misleading." Contradictions tend to do that. It is software fault pure and simple. All the word dance around does not make the fact go away.

For the actual posting cycle IS on a random 24 hours. I have kept a record of the exact time and date of each of my recent posts along with message received, starting at a time when I knew for sure I was beginning a new 24 hour cycle. That's definitely how it works.

Example from your posts: Your 24 hour cycle started at 08:31 on the 24th. This means it ended at 08:31 on the 25th.

When you logged in any time after that time, a new cycle started with five posts granted in the next 24 hours.

In your example, it was 8:53 on the 25th, ending with 8:53 on the 26th.

The additional today (midnight to midnight) figuring in the calculus is what fouls it all up. It looks like one part of the software does not know what the other is doing. For in addition, it also tries to squeeze the random 24 hours cycle into a midnight to midnight frame, that is, it mixes up two different types of counting. The software wants it both ways, so to speak. Instead of deciding either on a midnight to midnight cycle or on a random 24 hours (each structure would be clear in itself), it jumbles up the elements of the two.

In addition, the wording "You can make five more posts today" (when you already have made some today) is just plain wrong,

Edited by Xray

Excellent Ms. Xray:

So now you understand how to calculate it...yes.

Adam

The clock that prompts the message 'Today' is on a midnight to midnight count (Central US time zone I assume), and NOT on a random 24 hours cycle with messages corresponding to the cycle. This is contradiction, a software programming error, or developed fault. Yes, it is "misleading." Contradictions tend to do that. It is software fault pure and simple. All the word dance around does not make the fact go away.

LOL. Is the fact that a U.S. pro football game is played for 60 minutes but lasts 2-3 hours on the clock a contradiction?

For the actual posting cycle IS on a random 24 hours.

There is no cycle, nor is the time used random. The current time is used to limit the number of posts. The time is not set using a random number generator.

Example from your posts: Your 24 hour cycle started at 08:31 on the 24th. This means it ended at 08:31 on the 25th.

When you logged in any time after that time, a new cycle started with five posts granted in the next 24 hours.

In your example, it was 8:53 on the 25th, ending with 8:53 on the 26th.

No, the program looks back to enforce the limit, not forward. Interval fits the situation well; cycle does not. The phases of a (regular) cycle do not overlap, but what you describe could have overlaps. If it were a regular cycle like midnight to midnight, then you could post 5 times shortly before midnight and 5 times shortly after midnight, posting 10 times within, say, an hour. However, the software does not allow that. Therefore, calling the phenomena a cycle does not fit.

MJ

LOL. Is the fact that a U.S. pro football game is played for 60 minutes but lasts 2-3 hours on the clock a contradiction?

Ahh, so that is why they call it managing the clock - wow - whoda thunk!

But, baseball has no clock so Ms. Xray is right ...see .... she is always right, subjectively speaking...

Baseball-08-june.gif

Baseball-01-june.gif

Baseball-05-june.gif

Adam

Excellent Ms. Xray:

So now you understand how to calculate it...yes.

Adam

So you're actually agreeing with me. I might want to frame that. ;)

Do you also understand the problems caused by the flawed software?

"LOL. Is the fact that a U.S. pro football game is played for 60 minutes but lasts 2-3 hours on the clock a contradiction?" (MJ)

LOL, no. Your statement is the contradiction. The 60 minute game does not last for 2-3 hours. The game PLUS the time outs and other interruptions is what lasts for 2-3 hours.

MJ: ....There is no cycle, nor is the time used random. The current time is used to limit the number of posts. The time is not set using a random number generator.

Not that the terminology matters that much, but a cycle is from starting point back to starting point, i.e, an interval from starting point back to starting point. Physically, A plane take off and landing is a cycle. Every

minute starting at one second and ending at 60 seconds is a time cycle.

Since the 24 hour posting cycle is by arbitrary choice (Michael's), it is random. He could have chosen any time frame within the capabilities of the program.

For the limited poster, the time start is the first post that starts the 24 hour cycle. That start time is determined by the limited poster.

"No, the program looks back to enforce the limit, not forward..." (MJ)

If the program only "looks back", how does the program know when the 24 hours are up and time to deny posting access? :)

MJ: "Interval fits the situation well; cycle does not...." (MJ)

Interval, cycle, time frame, posting period, whatever floats your boat.