Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Time Travel Contradictions

I went to the Wikipedia article on “C” and they mentioned that the ever increasing speed of computers will one day be limited by light and electrical impulse speed. I am sure we will work out a parallel, parallel, parallel processing technique, and I remember taking a class in electrical engineering (just the bare basics, required for another course) and they mentioned Quantum Mechanic computing, just don’t ask me to explain it.

Does light and motion cease inside a black hole? Does time? I wonder what a photon would look like at rest. Of course to view it, my viewing apparatus, or I would need to be at rest. And squashed.

Can anyone recommend some hard scifi that is up to date using the speed of light as a story line or prop?

Peter

Does light and motion cease inside a black hole? Does time? I wonder what a photon would look like at rest. Of course to view it, my viewing apparatus, or I would need to be at rest. And squashed.

Nobody knows and nobody can know for sure since no information comes out of a Black Hole. No one can go in and live. On close approach to the event horizon one is "spaghetified". No instrument can survive entry either. That is why it is called a Black Hole.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Heck, black holes might be green for all we know... just none of that beautiful green light escapes!

Some people talk about whether all the black holes in the universe can be threaded together, but the issue is quite patchy. Everytime someone talks about it, all the other scientists button-up!

Heck, black holes might be green for all we know... just none of that beautiful green light escapes!

Some people talk about whether all the black holes in the universe can be threaded together, but the issue is quite patchy. Everytime someone talks about it, all the other scientists button-up!

Some even question black holes as the correct answer -

Some even question black holes as the correct answer -

That video contains a lot of nonsensical statements. Perhaps it would be an interesting subject for a sociologist to find out why so many Objectivists are fond of crackpot theories. Do they really think that modern physics is "corrupt"?