Sign in to follow this  
Chris Grieb

The New "V"

Did anyone watch the new "V".

A friend of mine says the earlier show had a libertarian theme Ordinary people rebelling against the oppressors. This one the opponents are government experts. There are some reports that the aliens have a charismatic leader who is promising health care for all.

I find it hard to believe that one of the big three has a show that has an anti-Obama sub text to it.

Did anyone watch the new "V".

A friend of mine says the earlier show had a libertarian theme Ordinary people rebelling against the oppressors. This one the opponents are government experts. There are some reports that the aliens have a charismatic leader who is promising health care for all.

I find it hard to believe that one of the big three has a show that has an anti-Obama sub text to it.

The now deceased -Firefly- had a libertarian theme also. Which is interesting, in that the genius who created -Firefly-, Joss Whedon is not a libertarian, himself. BTW, Whedon also created -Buffy the Vampire Slayer-.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. I will follow the series. It has a strong anti-authoritarian theme that will appeal to libertarians.

Yesterday, Real Clear Politics ran an editorial by Glenn Garvin, who claimed that "V" has an anti-Obama subtext.

We DVRed the first episode for our daughter, who had a big homework assignment last night. I hope to watch it soon.

Robert Campbell