Contest ideas: Goddess of the Market

Michael Stuart Kelly

I have received 3 copies of Jennifer Burns's book, Goddess of the Market, to use as prizes for contest ideas.

My idea is to set up a special site to run each contest, but for now I am open to ideas. I want to include the general public (to create buzz for the book), but I also want to shamelessly favor OL members.

:)

The last time I asked, I received a suggestion by private message for an essay contest. That might be fun if the essay topic is about something fun, there are cool judges, lots of suspense tricks, countdown, etc.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Michael

Let me reframe this question.

Does anyone on OL want to receive a free copy of Jennifer's book?

Michael

I do. If there's going to be some sort of contest, I'd rather it be something fun, like a limerick contest or a series of cage matches to the death or something.

J

Michael

I do. If there's going to be some sort of contest, I'd rather it be something fun, like a limerick contest or a series of cage matches to the death or something.

J

Brant:

I've argued that dueling be brought back. Especially in divorce litigation. The resulting elimination of the 2nd biggest cash cow to the matrimonial bar would truly transform society.

Furthermore, if only 50% of the men win the duels, we would eliminate 50% of the Hilary Clinton voiced carping divorcees noise from the environment.

How about we distribute it according to the 20th century motor company compensation model?

Michael

J

Brant:

I've argued that dueling be brought back. Especially in divorce litigation. The resulting elimination of the 2nd biggest cash cow to the matrimonial bar would truly transform society.

Furthermore, if only 50% of the men win the duels, we would eliminate 50% of the Hilary Clinton voiced carping divorcees noise from the environment.

How about we distribute it according to the 20th century motor company compensation model?

Well, okay, if it's the lawyers who do the actual fighting. That's what they're paid for, afterall.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

Michael

J

Brant:

Well, okay, if it's the lawyers who do the actual fighting. That's what they're paid for, afterall.

--Brant

See now that is extremely creative. They claim that they are "...zealous advocates for their clients...", what better way! Moreover, almost 60% of the attorneys in the system now are female...we kill two problems with one bullet.