OL no longer easy to search

In a rapid skim through the latest on the "The OL 'tribe' [...]" thread, I noticed MSK saying that OL is easy to search.

OL used to be marvelously easy to search.

The recent upgrade, however -- which I'm aware wasn't by Michael's choice -- has wrecked what used to be a good thing. I wonder if there's any way to "put it back the way it was," loosely quoting a song from the musical of "Lil' Abner."

Even if not possible to revert, is there any way currently to find more than the most recent 200 of a particular poster's posts? I haven't discovered a way to do this.

Ellen

Ellen,

Find any post by the person you want to search.

Click on the name above the photo (or photo placeholder) on the left. This will take you to the member's profile page.

Underneath the photo (or photo placeholder) on the left of the profile page, click on "Find Posts."

This will list all of the posts in chronological order starting from the most recent.

Not perfect and not very obvious without a crystal ball to help for those who do not know, but it works.

Michael

Even if not possible to revert, is there any way currently to find more than the most recent 200 of a particular poster's posts? I haven't discovered a way to do this.

Ellen, enter dates in Advanced Search (the link is to the right of Search in the banner).

If that solves the problem, how do you go to the particular post you're looking for instead of the start of the thread it appears in?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but the following might answer. Try using Advanced Search, searching for "particular post you're looking for" written by Brant Gaede. I get one result. If I click on the subject "OL no longer easy to search", the start of the thread appears near the top of the screen. If I click on the little bent arrow, the particular post appears near the top of the screen.

If that solves the problem, how do you go to the particular post you're looking for instead of the start of the thread it appears in?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but the following might answer. Try using Advanced Search, searching for "particular post you're looking for" written by Brant Gaede. I get one result. If I click on the subject "OL no longer easy to search", the start of the thread appears near the top of the screen. If I click on the little bent arrow, the particular post appears near the top of the screen.

Okay. Thx. I can now go to the actual post via the bent arrow. However, all I have to choose from are the last 200 I made.

--Brant

okay, I made it work. I found posts over three yrs old of mine

Edited by Brant Gaede

Underneath the photo (or photo placeholder) on the left of the profile page, click on "Find Posts."

This will list all of the posts in chronological order starting from the most recent.

I gather you haven't looked closely at what you get doing that. You get only the most recent 200 posts -- 8 screens, 25 posts per screen.

Merlin's method, using Advanced Search and a date range -- thanks, Merlin -- does work for getting posts prior to the most recent 200.

Ellen