Disgusting - School kids taught to praise Obama

Michael Stuart Kelly

School kids taught to praise Obama

This hit Drudge this morning. It is simply disgusting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was filmed around June 19, 2009 at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ.

Lyrics

========

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand [?]

To make this country strong again

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be clear today

Equal work means equal pay

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand

To make sure everyone gets a chance

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said Red, Yellow, Black or White

All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Yes

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!

For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"

Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!

The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!

Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some

A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!

And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!

So something Mr. President we all just something-some,

So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!

Hip, hip hooray! (3x)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School kids taught to praise Obama

This hit Drudge this morning. It is simply disgusting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This was filmed around June 19, 2009 at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, NJ.

Lyrics

========

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand [?]

To make this country strong again

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be clear today

Equal work means equal pay

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand

To make sure everyone gets a chance

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

He said Red, Yellow, Black or White

All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

Yes

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!

For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"

Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!

The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!

Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some

A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!

And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!

So something Mr. President we all just something-some,

So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!

Hip, hip hooray! (3x)

Yawn. All school kids are always taught to venerate whoever is president. It's disgusting, yes - but no more so now than at any other time in history.

JR

Yawn. All school kids are always taught to venerate whoever is president. It's disgusting, yes - but no more so now than at any other time in history.

JR

I have never heard JFK praised in song, not unless you count "Camelot".

Ba'al Chatzaf

Jeff,

I heard on the news that this song was originally about Jesus.

So this is what American kids have been doing all these years?

I missed where schookids sang songs replacing Jesus with Bush I and II, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc.

Then again I was in Brazil...

:)

Michael

Singing is really a matter of great importance to you, isn't it, Michael? If the kids are taught to believe crooks and nonentities like Nixon and Reagan are great men who are "leading" us to a better tomorrow through the miracle of government, that's just fine and dandy. On the other hand, if they're taught to literally sing the praises of a fatuous fraud like Obama, this is beyond the pale.

Have I properly understood you?

JR

It might not be as bad as you think.

I have a Czech friend who grew up under the Communist Regime. During his childhood in school, he loved it! Lots of education, lots group activities like sports, etc. Then in his teens, Communism fell, and so he was free to be an adult and do what he chose. "Best of both worlds" is what he calls it.

Despicable, sung to the Battle Hymn of the Republic which was also the John Birch Society's theme song.

Ooops forgot it was on top of the thread sorry

Edited by Selene

Jeff,

I heard on the news that this song was originally about Jesus.

So this is what American kids have been doing all these years?

I missed where schookids sang songs replacing Jesus with Bush I and II, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc.

Then again I was in Brazil...

:)

Michael

Singing is really a matter of great importance to you, isn't it, Michael? If the kids are taught to believe crooks and nonentities like Nixon and Reagan are great men who are "leading" us to a better tomorrow through the miracle of government, that's just fine and dandy. On the other hand, if they're taught to literally sing the praises of a fatuous fraud like Obama, this is beyond the pale.

Have I properly understood you?

JR

Of course you haven't properly understood what he is saying, or you being deliberately obtuse? He is arguing that something has changed, and asking if there were songs about JFK, Reagan, et. al, or if his sense that this is something new is valid. He isn't saying that it would be all right if there were also songs about the other asshole Presidents.

Correct David.

To answer Michael question...no, but there was no u-tube/cell phone technology either. I wonder though if anyone could search there memories.

I for one mid-50's on it was an assembly on Friday, where the boys wore white shirts [we were of course racists even then] red ties and blue slacks...gee I wonder why those colors.

We sang the Star Spangled Banner, but never any odes to a President...I will be you it started in certain liberal strongholds with Kennedy, but very isolated. He would be the only one that was adored until this useless diversity genome occupying the White House.

Adam

Correct David.

To answer Michael question...no, but there was no u-tube/cell phone technology either. I wonder though if anyone could search there memories.

I for one mid-50's on it was an assembly on Friday, where the boys wore white shirts [we were of course racists even then] red ties and blue slacks...gee I wonder why those colors.

We sang the Star Spangled Banner, but never any odes to a President...I will be you it started in certain liberal strongholds with Kennedy, but very isolated. He would be the only one that was adored until this useless diversity genome occupying the White House.

Adam

Because red ties are a code signal for homosexuality. Obviously.

Of course you haven't properly understood what he is saying, or you being deliberately obtuse? He is arguing that something has changed, and asking if there were songs about JFK, Reagan, et. al, or if his sense that this is something new is valid. He isn't saying that it would be all right if there were also songs about the other asshole Presidents.

You have extraordinary difficulty comprehending what you read, don't you? I recommend you work on that problem before attempting to participate in a forum like this one.

JR

Correct David.

Adam

Because red ties are a code signal for homosexuality. Obviously.

http://www.glbtq.com/arts/erotic_art_gay.html <<<Not that I would doubt you Ted, but now I know why the pretty girl with the red tie did come home with me <_<

Actually, totally clueless about this "color code"...very strange community, especially to a non-judgmental outsider. Why all the fuss and feathers...

Adam

A quote from YouTube under the video:

Obama, who art in D.C.

Hallowed be thy Name

Thy Acorn come

Thy will be done, in America as it is in Venezuela

Give us this day our daily speech

And forgive us our whiteness, as we forgive those that murder our citizens

And lead us not into capitalism

But deliver us from freedom

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever

You have extraordinary difficulty comprehending what you read, don't you? I recommend you work on that problem before attempting to participate in a forum like this one.

JR

You recommendation is rejected as unnecessary.

Jeff,

Singing is important to me. But the issue is not a singing versus truth dichotomy. It is possible to have both song and truth at the same time. One political bad thing does not justify abusing song about another bad thing.

btw - I am not a very good friend to politicians. I don't support the bad parts of USA Presidents.

Worshiping a politician is important to me, too. I find it a new low on an already compromised scene.

Michael

Folks:

I am constantly amazed at how foolishly contrarian objectivists can be.

There was no Central State glorification of the President in Kindergarten during any prior administration to my knowledge.

However, apparently we somehow connect the current state brainwashing of 5 year olds, as somehow linked to bad Presidents of one party some 30 years ago?

This is just a piece of the network that is being built.

Adam

[quote name='Jeff Riggenbach' date='24 September 2009 - 02:57 PM'

And isn't being obliged to make the "pledge of allegiance" by swearing to a flag in the classroom a form of indoctrination too?

Just curious: What happens in case a pupil refuses this pledge?

Edited by Xray

[quote name='Jeff Riggenbach' date='24 September 2009 - 02:57 PM'

And isn't being obliged to make the "pledge of allegiance" by swearing to a flag in the classroom a form of indoctrination too?

Just curious: What happens in case a pupil refuses this pledge?

It is a PUBLIC SCHOOL xray. Pledging allegiance to the flag of the greatest country in the history of man is indoctrination.

"Rauno Huttunen Department of Education University of Joensuu Finland

1 The problem of the criteria of indoctrination

In the philosophy of education, the concept of indoctrination refers to unethical influencing in a teaching situation. Indoctrination means infiltrating (drilling, inculcating etc.) concepts, attitudes, beliefs and theories into a student’s mind by passing her free and critical deliberation. When ‑ on a general level ‑ we define indoctrination in this way, it is easy to say that the indoctrinati­ve teaching is morally wrong and that teachers or educational institutions should not practice it. The problem is how do we acknowledge indoctrinative teaching? By what criterion do we consider teaching to be a form of indoctrination or to have elements of indoctrination?"

Adam

Pledging allegiance to the flag of the greatest country in the history of man . . .

This is too comical for words.

JR

Jeff:

Easy to laugh when you live in a semi free country, but that is why we are the greatest, we don't deport people, even ignorant ones.

And yes, I know you are going to make your testimonial based arguments, but what about this one and what about that one ...enjoy.

Adam

libertarian and I actually know what it means

I know you are going to make your testimonial based arguments, but what about this one and what about that one ...enjoy.

Adam, I think it might be helpful if you looked the word "testimonial" up in a dictionary.

JR

Pledge of allegiance is probably easy to criticize since it insinuates allegiance to a group. But we have to admit that ideally we are pledging not to a country but to the commitment of a system founded on human rights.