"You lie!"

kiaer.ts

Poor Barack Obama can't catch a break. The headline from his 112th health care lecture? Not what Obama said, but that Joe Wilson of South Carolina called him a liar when Obama said that his plan for socialized medicine would not cover illegal aliens. As written the bill does not say illegal aliens will be covered. It simply says that people will not be required to prove citizenship to receive coverage. An amendment to require people to prove citizenship to receive care was voted down by the Dems on party lines.

I have to commend Congressman Wilson. We need more of this and louder. Obama needs to be heckled more than Nixon ever was.

Here's the video at YouTube:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APYh5Z8xmBw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APYh5Z8xmBw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APYh5Z8xmBw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by Ted Keer

Poor Barack Obama can't catch a break. The headline from his 112th health care lecture? Not what Obama said, but that Joe Wilson of South Carolina called him a liar when Obama said that his plan for socialized medicine would not cover illegal aliens. As written the bill does not say illegal aliens will be covered. It simply says that people will not be required to prove citizenship to receive coverage. An amendment to require people to prove citizenship to receive care was voted down by the Dems on party lines.

I have to commend Congressman Wilson. We need more of this and louder. Obama needs to be heckled more than Nixon ever was.

Ted,

Watching this speech I had the feeling I was a witness to a gathering of thieves and thugs. For one thing they have no respect for the Constitution and its limits on their power. They take the "necessary and proper" clause of Article 1 Section 8 to an absurd conclusion. They fail to appreciate that the word "aforementioned" limits the Congress to the enumerated powers listed. There is no mention in the Constitution of medical insurance or the like. But the Democratic mob has the votes without regard for the rights of those who will be forced to pay for their fantasy.

Some democrats will pay at the midterm elections. But the only real solution is to educate the populace and then to replace those who ignore the Constitution with elected officials who keep the oath to uphold it.

www.campaignforliberty.com 213,883

gulch

Ted,

Watching this speech I had the feeling I was a witness to a gathering of thieves and thugs. For one thing they have no respect for the Constitution and its limits on their power. They take the "necessary and proper" clause of Article 1 Section 8 to an absurd conclusion. They fail to appreciate that the word "aforementioned" limits the Congress to the enumerated powers listed. There is no mention in the Constitution of medical insurance or the like. But the Democratic mob has the votes without regard for the rights of those who will be forced to pay for their fantasy.

Some democrats will pay at the midterm elections. But the only real solution is to educate the populace and then to replace those who ignore the Constitution with elected officials who keep the oath to uphold it.

gulch

Gulch; Don't hold your breath on your last paragraph.

You might consider the fact that one member of Congress who regularly displays the Constitution is Robert Byrd of West Virginia. I don't think Robert Byrd has ever found one pork barrel item for West Virginia which he has opposed. Senator Byrd to his credit referred to his copy of the US Constitution in opposing the war in Iraq. I think would not mine putting every dollar in the US Treasury in the state of West Virginia.

I can not resist mentioning the Constitution Senator Byrd carries is the Cato Institute pocket edition.

Ted,

gulch

I have to commend you for your reasonable restrained posts. I am so glad not to see the spam. And I have found myself agreeing with your points. Shame I do agree with Chris that many see the Constitution as a talisman. You have to both mean the oath and understand the document. But at least meaning the oath is an improvement on those who don't.

Folks:

And I second Ted's compliment, Gulch.

I wonder if everyone picked up the most "unique" number of the evening. I am not going to pull up O'biwan's speech in July of 2009 wherein he stated with an absolutely serious straight face that there were 47,000,000 Americans without health insurance and...

AMAZINGLY :o

in just 70 some odd days, we have only 30,000,000 Americans without health insurance.

Therefore, Obiwan's 112 speeches have reduced the total number of uninsured Americans by 17,000,000 or %37

HOSANNA

Adam

• 2 weeks later...