The Bronze Rat

" The Bronze Rat

A Tourist walked into a Chinese curio shop in San Francisco. While looking around at the exotic merchandise, he noticed a very lifelike, life-sized, bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but was so incredibly striking the tourist decided he must have it. He took it to the old shop owner and asked, "How much for the bronze rat?"

"Ahhh, you have chosen wisely! It is $12 for the rat, $100 for the story," said the wise old Chinaman. The tourist quickly pulled out twelve dollars. "I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story."

As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, the tourist noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and had begun following him down the street. This was a bit disconcerting so he began walking faster.

A couple blocks later he looked behind him and saw to his horror the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.

Sweating now, the tourist began to trot toward the Bay. Again, after a couple blocks, he looked around only to discover that the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS, and were squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.

Terrified, he ran to the edge of the Bay and threw the bronze rat as far as he could into the Bay.

Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after the bronze rat, and were all drowned.

The man walked back to the curio shop in Chinatown.

"Ahhh," said the owner, "You have come back for story?"

"No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat.""

Edited by galtgulch

Good one, gulch.

Bill P

Barbara, Brant, Bill P.,

I like to make people laugh and appreciate you enjoyed this fantasy.

However I really would be happier if it turns out that there are enough fellow citizens of all ages who really do think our representatives should be keeping the oath of office to uphold the Constitution. By taking the oath the politicians give the appearance of loyalty to the principles of the Constitution but their behavior demonstrates their betrayal of it.

In the last twenty four hours the number of members of the Campaign For Liberty has grown by five thousand individuals! From 165k to 170K. I only hope that each of them takes the trouble to read the books recommended by the movement which includes Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as well as the works of the Austrian school of economics which Rand recommended to us fifty years ago.

I know that one's own happiness should not depend on the actions of others but it is encouraging to know that since we are stranded on this planet with other creatures of our own species most of whom are ignorant of the proper philosophy the survival of our species requires, that the number who are being made aware of Objectivism is growing.

www.campaignforliberty.com 7Jul 5PM 170,579, 6PM 170,756, 7PM 170,829, 10PM 171,200; 8Jul 00:14AM 171,396, 5AM 171,536

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

GG: You manage to spoil everything.

--Brant

Brant,

It takes all kinds. I am sure that there will even be a role for the likes of you in the coming revolution.

Don't you realize I just find things to post to give me a chance to update the C4L membership for you all to see?

gulch

--Brant

Brant,

It takes all kinds. I am sure that there will even be a role for the likes of you in the coming revolution.

Don't you realize I just find things to post to give me a chance to update the C4L membership for you all to see?

gulch

Gulch:

Man to man, did you mean what you just posted? Yes or no, I cannot accept a maybe, nor flippancy.

Adam

--Brant

Brant,

gulch

You posted a delightful little story then had to follow it up with your lead-sled baggage. I prefer the baggage without the story.

--Brant

--Brant

Brant,

gulch

"coming revolution?"

"coming revolution?"

The Revolution: A Manifesto written by Ron Paul and a New York Times Best Seller with a bibliography which includes Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

It is an ideological r3VOLution and entails that those who join read a whole bunch of books on Austrian economics by von Mises, Rothbard etc and if I have anything to say about it, also the essays and non fiction of Ayn Rand as well.

www.campaignforliberty.com 7 July 10PM 171,200; 8 July 6PM 172,619; 10Jul 5AM 179,173 plus 256 cosponsors of HR 1207 & 6 for S.604

Sorry if I spoiled your amusement. You are losing your freedoms whether you noticed it or not. I have yet to have anyone of those who scoff at me tell me just what they are counting on to change the course of this country.

In addition to going to work everyday I also engage in recruiting if I encounter someone who seems to be a worthwhile addition. Sort of similar to what the fictional character does in getting select individuals to join his strike. But this is the real world and the only thing which will save it is if and when enough individuals share certain ideas, values and perspective and are willing to pass the torch until there are enough of us to make a difference.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

"coming revolution?"

The Revolution: A Manifesto written by Ron Paul and a New York Times Best Seller with a bibliography which includes Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

It is an ideological r3VOLution and entails that those who join read a whole bunch of books on Austrian economics by von Mises, Rothbard etc and if I have anything to say about it, also the essays and non fiction of Ayn Rand as well.

www.campaignforliberty.com 7 July 10PM 171,200

Sorry if I spoiled your amusement. You are losing your freedoms whether you noticed it or not. I have yet to have anyone of those who scoff at me tell me just what they are counting on to change the course of this country.

In addition to going to work everyday I also engage in recruiting if I encounter someone who seems to be a worthwhile addition. Sort of similar to what the fictional character does in getting select individuals to join his strike. But this is the real world and the only thing which will save it is if and when enough individuals share certain ideas, values and perspective and are willing to pass the torch until there are enough of us to make a difference.

gulch

Ah, the Ron Paul loon wagon again. I should have known.

Are you all going to move to New Hampshire in order to further your activism?

And what is a "r3VOLution?"

Edited by Michelle R

"coming revolution?"

www.campaignforliberty.com 7 July 10PM 171,200

gulch

Ah, the Ron Paul loon wagon again. I should have known.

Are you all going to move to New Hampshire in order to further your activism?

And what is a "r3VOLution?"

I think that's called a tinfoil hat spelling. The men in black helicopters can't read your thoughts or your email if you spell it that way.

Gulch,

When you do this kind of insert-where-it-doesn't-fit kind of propagandazing, especially with humor, you set yourself up.

For example, I am waiting for someone to ask where to get a bronze Ron Paul...

:)

Michael

Where can I get a bronze Ron Paul?

Ba'al Chatzaf

--Brant

Brant,

gulch

gulch -

How about the following proposal:

Pick a thread and put all your C4L membership updates there. That way we will know where to go for updates on C4L membership. Perhaps you can do something with a Java applet or such and have a continuously updating count. But there's no need to insert out of context.

I'm tempted to look at the correlation of C4L membership and sales of tinfoil.

Bill P

Great joke!

However, I didn't pay $100 and still got "the rest of the story."

~ Shane

sbeaulieu:

Ahh..the ghost of Paul Harvey - great man.

Adam

sbeaulieu:

Ahh..the ghost of Paul Harvey - great man.

Adam

Agreed! I remember listening to him way back in the day when my father was enlisted...

~ Shane