Sign in to follow this  
Rich Engle

symphony by Philip Glass, Low

Point Music, 1993. Produced by Kurt Munkacsi and Michael Riesman, executive produced by Kurt Munkacsi and Rory Johnston

I liked the one he did with these guys called "Heroes," but somehow I missed this one. This is to my ear one of the most beautiful modern symphonies I have ever heard. The Brooklyn Philharmonic plays on this recording.

3 Movements, I. "Subterraneans" (I truly love this one), II. "Some Are," III "Warszawa."

Lovely, highly recommended.

rde

Point Music, 1993. Produced by Kurt Munkacsi and Michael Riesman, executive produced by Kurt Munkacsi and Rory Johnston

I liked the one he did with these guys called "Heroes," but somehow I missed this one. This is to my ear one of the most beautiful modern symphonies I have ever heard. The Brooklyn Philharmonic plays on this recording.

3 Movements, I. "Subterraneans" (I truly love this one), II. "Some Are," III "Warszawa."

Lovely, highly recommended.

rde

Nice finding another Philip Glass fan :)

I've been a huge fan of his ever since I first heard his "Symphony No. 3"

I have yet to hear any that you noted, with the exception of "Heroes" (And I'll be sure to look up the three Movements you listed).

"Metamorphosis 2" is another personal favorite of mine.

I, too, highly recommend any of his work.

Brad

Edited by bradbradallen