Jodie Foster does Fountainhead on Simpsons

The Simpsons Rand Parody airs May 10th, not 16th. It should appear on hulu.com about a week later.

Four Women and a Manicure

A google search indicates it will be a three part episode, with one parodying The Fountainhead. I don't know if it is reliable, but some posts say Jodie Foster will voice Maggie as Dominique.

jodie_foster12.jpg

Return of The Simpsons

"Sometimes we do these trilogy episodes, and this one has powerful women through history and we do a parody of The Fountainhead, the Ayn Rand book," said [producer Al] Jean. "Maggie Simpson is in a preschool where she's trying to build these beautiful block buildings and the preschool teacher keeps knocking them down because it's too creative. At the end, she goes on trial, like the end of The Fountainhead and Jodie Foster does Maggie's voice."

Meh.

The short (the fourth of four shorts in the half hour episode) was probably meaningless to anyone who didn't already know The Fountainhead. (I watched with a family member who had read the book but had no clue what the short was about until I explained.) The words from the speech at the trial are changed to glorify "humanity" instead of the individual. Rand is mocked for her looks. You get the impression they are throwing a sop to Rand fans and expect them to be so grateful that Rand is even being mentioned as not to mind the insults. Certainly a let down compared to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves parody.

Meh.

The short (the fourth of four shorts in the half hour episode) was probably meaningless to anyone who didn't already know The Fountainhead. (I watched with a family member who had read the book but had no clue what the short was about until I explained.) The words from the speech at the trial are changed to glorify "humanity" instead of the individual. Rand is mocked for her looks. You get the impression they are throwing a sop to Rand fans and expect them to be so grateful that Rand is even being mentioned as not to mind the insults. Certainly a let down compared to the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves parody.

I thought it was fine.

The speech said "She did not live to earn approval stickers, she lived for herself, that she might achieve things that are the glory of all humanity. These are my terms. I do not care to play by any others".

Where was Rand mocked for her looks?

http://popmodal.com/video/2549/Ayn-Rand--S...ns-Fountainhead

Meh.

I thought it was fine.

The speech said "She did not live to earn approval stickers, she lived for herself, that she might achieve things that are the glory of all humanity. These are my terms. I do not care to play by any others".

The glory of the creator, or "all humanity"?

Selma (or is it Patty) goes ape over the sexy "guy" who wrote the book when she sees "his" picture on the back cover.

Meh.

I thought it was fine.

Selma (or is it Patty) goes ape over the sexy "guy" who wrote the book when she sees "his" picture on the back cover.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

I didn't Selma or Patty in the Fountainhead part of the episode.

Meh.

I thought it was fine.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

I didn't Selma or Patty in the Fountainhead part of the episode.

I'm not sure what you expect me to tell you other than to watch the episode again and pay better attention. :) The comment is right at the beginning, BEFORE the action of the story starts.