Hillarious!

Excellent sending it too my friend and client who is a licensed psychoanalyst [new license in NY] and his analyst [teacher] was 3rd removed from Freud, he will love this one and pass it around the Institute in Manhattan.

Nice find Be'al

Adam

LOL...

Here it is displayed:

bizarro-rorschach-parents.jpg

This certainly gets certain concepts to hopping around all over the place...

Michael

Michael,

Our world as we have known it is about to come to an end and become a fascist dictatorship and it is too soon to be making jokes. Or am I mistaken?

We may be on the verge of a collapse of society, with massive inflation, complete loss of the value of the savings of the middle class, unemployment and business closings, food shortages, increased crime in the streets and empty supermarket shelves, roving gangs and martial law. Or am i exaggerating the consequences of Obama's policies?

It might already be too late to reverse our course. But if there is any hope those of us who see it coming should be spreading the alarm. I picture Paul Revere riding to let the people know that the Redcoats are coming. We should be spreading the alarm as well. Hope will change to fear and desperation!

www.campaignforliberty.com 1Mar 3PM 105250; 7 Mar 6PM 105969

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

But the Redcoats are coming and they are marxist and they carry the Red Flag of commune ism. Remember, "It can't happen here!", so who would believe you.

Adam

Gulch:

But the Redcoats are coming and they are marxist and they carry the Red Flag of commune ism. Remember, "It can't happen here!", so who would believe you.

Adam

Adam,

Implicit in your comment is a kind of passive, acquiescence to our fate. You acknowledge that it is going to happen, yet your tone suggests a kind of defeatist attitude rather than a call to action.

I asked if I am mistaken twice and your comment seems to mean that I am not mistaken. I know there is a difference between what "seems" and what is, so I wonder what you think about this.

An interviewer asked Peter Schiff just when this hyperinflation he warns of will happen. The response is that the govt is literally inflating the currency right now. The question really is just when it will manifest itself in terms of rising prices that go out of reach and put people in an untenable position of being unable to afford necessities.

Given that this is a worldwide phenomenon because of globalization and many countries are already adopting defensive nationalistic maneuvers which might lead to conflicts which escalate into wars, we are on the verge of catastrophe.

No doubt Obama will remain cool and will institute policies to further enhance the powers of the state meaning the federal govt. We may have one or two more elections in which to seek representation.

I noticed that Newt Gingrich has returned, having left the scene. He even makes the point that he believes in leaving and returning. Same old same old unfortunately. I have hoped for more from him given his credentials as a history professor. Unfortunately he is also a mystic and appears to be ignorant of economic principles and the Austrian school.

Have you checked out the mission of the Committees of Correspondence, I mean Safety:

http://www.committeesofsafety.org/

Perhaps worth looking into.

gulch

Gulch:

It is not a matter of pessimism, but of the "blink moment" that I have had which tells me that at least 50-60% of the population, not the prime voters are perfectly comfortable with looting the public till as long as they get theirs.

The concept that you and I share is that an active, well organized, minority can effect the beginnings of massive change, but I no longer believe that the 60% will follow because it will involve real sacrifice and real casualties.

We still have an excellent chance by adding the right social catalyst to the political cup, but will it significantly effect the resulting brew?

Adam

Gulch:

It is not a matter of pessimism, but of the "blink moment" that I have had which tells me that at least 50-60% of the population, not the prime voters are perfectly comfortable with looting the public till as long as they get theirs.

The concept that you and I share is that an active, well organized, minority can effect the beginnings of massive change, but I no longer believe that the 60% will follow because it will involve real sacrifice and real casualties.

We still have an excellent chance by adding the right social catalyst to the political cup, but will it significantly effect the resulting brew?

Adam

Adam,

"perfectly comfortable with looting the public till as long as they get theirs."

Trouble is, it isn't theirs.

Where do these people get the idea that it is up to the govt to do so much in the way of redistributing wealth. I suppose it is from altruism drilled into their heads in the churches and from their parents. Not to mention the Robin Hood story.

The plumber did confront Obama a little but did not identify and make public the root issue. At least it got Obama to reveal his "spread the wealth" agenda and premise.

I suppose my little Campaign For Liberty org will grow until it hits a wall, where everyone they encounter supports the status quo and wants even more power to the govt. We will see.

www.campaignforliberty.com 105250; 7Mar 6PM 105969

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Our world as we have known it is about to come to an end and become a fascist dictatorship and it is too soon to be making jokes. Or am I mistaken?

Gulch,

You are mistaken.

:)

(You asked...)

A lot of cleanup work is coming, but not a fascist dictatorship. You have a very low opinion of your countrymen if you believe that.

Americans have historically taken a long time to react after a line gets crossed. But when they did react, it was decisive. I see such a reaction in our not-too-distant future. Not a fascist dictatorship.

For a threat to become a social reality in America, you need a lot more than a politician.

Incidentally, one thing I find encouraging is that in the mainstream press, you find people blaming the current economic bailout mess on both President Bush and President Obama. Some are calling it the Bush-Obama (or Obama-Bush) doctrine. If you want to see the seeds of the reaction I am talking about, fish in the waters where you find people saying this.

(Jeezus, am I making a salad out of cliche metaphors! :) )

Michael

I would prefer to teach people how to fish in those waters with dynamite sticks!

Gulch,

You are mistaken.

(You asked...)

A lot of cleanup work is coming, but not a fascist dictatorship. You have a very low opinion of your countrymen if you believe that.

Americans have historically taken a long time to react after a line gets crossed. But when they did react, it was decisive. I see such a reaction in our not-too-distant future. Not a fascist dictatorship.

For a threat to become a social reality in America, you need a lot more than a politician.

Incidentally, one thing I find encouraging is that in the mainstream press, you find people blaming the current economic bailout mess on both President Bush and President Obama. Some are calling it the Bush-Obama (or Obama-Bush) doctrine. If you want to see the seeds of the reaction I am talking about, fish in the waters where you find people saying this.

(Jeezus, am I making a salad out of cliche metaphors! :) )

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for your optimism. I hope it is justified by future events.

I was quite dismayed that the same American people you are relying on to save the day voted for Obama based on such superficialities as he displayed in the campaign. We are talking about a huge cohort of people who read one book, were not raised to wonder, question and doubt, nor to think critically. Most of them are religious and filled with faith and hope even when it is offered to them by a charlatan.

I hope you are right. I hope I am mistaken.

We have not been paranoid enough. Perhaps I am overdoing it.

www.campaignforliberty.com 1Mar 5PM 105268, 6PM 105278, 8PM 105294, 10PM 105313

So you see in one hour ten more torchbearers have joined this movement which is pro freedom. If need be meaning if a C4L congressional candidate in my district were to be anti choice I would throw my own hat in the ring and might even get elected. It would be tough to take the pay cut but otherwise might be exciting. I would for one thing submit legislation to require congressmen and senators to take certain courses just as they have forced doctors and nurses to do.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

I would prefer to teach people how to fish in those waters with dynamite sticks!

Adam,

Now that's an interesting spin on an old cliche.

But as the Bible says: "Let he who is without wisdom cast the first stone." At the end of the week we will all have to find bigger steaks to fry. It isn't missile science. Not really. You don't need the patience of Solomon to enjoy the vegetables of liberty.

As Ayn Rand said, "Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a bow and arrow begins." And "A leash is only a ball and chain with a noose on both ends." And the unforgettable, "Anyone who fights for the future, lives in perpetuity."

It's all good, dude. A was A. But I am going to stop for now. After all, silence is silver.

Michael

I can't resist. My radar is detecting too much cognitive dissonance...

Here is what you should have read:

But as the Bible says: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." At the end of the day we will all have to find bigger fish to fry. It isn't rocket science. Not really. You don't need the patience of Job to enjoy the fruits of liberty.

As Ayn Rand said, "Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins." And "A leash is only a rope with a noose on both ends." And the unforgettable, "Anyone who fights for the future, lives in it today."

It's all good, dude. A is A. But I am going to stop for now. After all, silence is golden.

(And obviously "three strikes and you're out.")

Michael

Wealth spreading in the defense of liberty is no dice,

Moderation in the pursuit of capitalism is a vice.

Might be too much of a stretch

Adam

Adam

This thread fills a much needed gap in the OL discussion.

Bill P

Adam

This thread fills a much needed gap in the OL discussion.

Bill P

Wouldn't that make it an 'un-holey' quest?

• 2 months later...

"For a threat to become a social reality in America, you need a lot more than a politician."

Politicians have little to do with it. Do you want your salesmen in a blue suit or a red suit ?

All you need is paper money.

Dude:

This is kinda a humor thread.

Did I miss a brilliant metaphor when I shot my gun into my foot where that toe will go only Ayn knows.

Adam <<<<way too much of a stretch lol

Adam,

Now that's an interesting spin on an old cliche.

But as the Bible says: "Let he who is without wisdom cast the first stone." At the end of the week we will all have to find bigger steaks to fry. It isn't missile science. Not really. You don't need the patience of Solomon to enjoy the vegetables of liberty.

As Ayn Rand said, "Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a bow and arrow begins." And "A leash is only a ball and chain with a noose on both ends." And the unforgettable, "Anyone who fights for the future, lives in perpetuity."

It's all good, dude. A was A. But I am going to stop for now. After all, silence is silver.

Michael

I needed a good laugh today. This was it!! Awesome, Michael. OLOL!!

~ Shane

I just now learned that the Rorschach is not only the inkblot Rorschach, but a comic book hero.

I thought the comic above was the inkblot Rorschach, which is quite funny from that perspective.

Boy am I out of touch...

Michael

His character in the movie Watchmen (I haven't read the graphic novel) is outstanding. He walks a fine line, and even facing certain death, he never sways in his convictions. He was a no-nosense individual. I found him to be the best parts of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd say do so just to see him in it.

~ Shane