Racism Flame War

bmacwilliam

I am an Old Aspie myself. You have your work cut out for you and I wish you the best of outcomes. The worst time for Aspies is when they are young and have not toughened themselves sufficiently. Aspies meet with a degree of hostility and misunderstanding from the neuro-typicals.

Be that as it may, is totally illogical violent malevolent seething racism a side-effect of Asperger's that I'm not aware of?

Did I misunderstand something?

I am an Old Aspie myself. You have your work cut out for you and I wish you the best of outcomes. The worst time for Aspies is when they are young and have not toughened themselves sufficiently. Aspies meet with a degree of hostility and misunderstanding from the neuro-typicals.

Be that as it may, is totally illogical violent malevolent seething racism a side-effect of Asperger's that I'm not aware of?

I became a "seething racist" on 9/12/2001 and I had over 3000 reasons for it.

On Dec 8, 1942 the entire population of the U.S. became "seething racists". This was not over until Sept 15, 1945 when the Jap Bastards surrendered. Being attacked tends to bring out the worst in some of us. After we burned the sons of bitches out and nuked them twice (we only had two bombs) we could afford to forgive them.

My Uncle Jack was a "seething racist". He was a bombardier for the 8th Air Force. He boasted of being Hitler's worst nightmare, a Jew with a Norden Bomb Sight and 5 tons of h.e.. He was not happy until he made the rubble bounce in Deutschland.

To a friend I am a friend. To an enemy I am an enemy.

I guard and cherish my friends. I destroy my enemies.

It is as simple as that.

And that has nothing whatever to do with being an Aspie. It has everything to do with being a human being. We are the nastiest, baddest, smartest Apes in the Monkey House. We are 200 lb chimps who bite the hands off people we don't like. Get used to it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I became a "seething racist" on 9/12/2001 and I had over 3000 reasons for it.

On Dec 8, 1942 the entire population of the U.S. became "seething racists". This was not over until Sept 15, 1945 when the Jap Bastards surrendered. Being attacked tends to bring out the worst in some of us. After we burned the sons of bitches out and nuked them twice (we only had two bombs) we could afford to forgive them.

My Uncle Jack was a "seething racist". He was a bombardier for the 8th Air Force. He boasted of being Hitler's worst nightmare, a Jew with a Norden Bomb Sight and 5 tons of h.e.. He was not happy until he made the rubble bounce in Deutschland.

To a friend I am a friend. To an enemy I am an enemy.

I guard and cherish my friends. I destroy my enemies.

It is as simple as that.

And that has nothing whatever to do with being an Aspie. It has everything to do with being a human being. We are the nastiest, baddest, smartest Apes in the Monkey House. We are 200 lb chimps who bite the hands off people we don't like. Get used to it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

This is not an excuse for racism. I thought Aspie's were logical and detail oriented?

I'll gladly put a bullet in the head of someone who's shooting at me too, but that doesn't extend to the helpless and/or innocent members of the same genetic group as those who shoot at me.

Get a grip and use a little logic to figure out who your enemies are.

Edited by Bob_Mac

Ummm...this is interesting. I am not sure what this is about (since I am new to the forum).

However, I can understand why perhaps SOME with Asperger's may seem racist - when my daughter came home from school last year and they were learning about Martin Luther King Jr., she said to me "Why do I can? I am not black!" We discussed his importance in history a bit more in depth than they did in school, and she seemed to appreciate why his an important historical figure to learn about - not just because it was Black History Month.

I think perhaps it could be that some people with Asperger's that have trouble with empathy, and if they don't have logical facts, or perhaps their experience with a certain group of people of a different race may be negative, they may be more likely to form over all racist opinions about the race over all.

Again - not sure if this is what you mean, but that has just been my experience. My daughter had some trouble with some kids in her school early on that just happened to be non white, and it took a little time for her to get that these particular kids punks, and not necessarily a representation of their race.

FWIW, battling racism with logic is a very good idea in my opinion. That's how I do it.

On Baal:

On this and other forums, he has clearly outlined, in colourful detail, his genocidal fantasies. It creeps me out because I think he's dead serious, but hold out hope that he's just trolling and stirring up crap.

Edit: Oh, in my opinion, MLK got it right - on the topic of racism at least. A very good figure to study.

Edited by Bob_Mac

FWIW, battling racism with logic is a very good idea in my opinion. That's how I do it.

On Baal:

On this and other forums, he has clearly outlined, in colourful detail, his genocidal fantasies. It creeps me out because I think he's dead serious, but hold out hope that he's just trolling and stirring up crap.

Edit: Oh, in my opinion, MLK got it right - on the topic of racism at least. A very good figure to study.

I am literal minded, therefore serious. I don't stir up crap. The crap is already there.

I believe in killing one's enemies. That is what one does in a war, and we are at war.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob Mac:

Can I ask you to define racism for me please.

My understanding and my direct knowledge is that all Japanese are Japanese so that could be racist. But, only against a certain Oriental race? China and a few other Oriental countries were our allies in WWII.

My understanding and my direct knowledge is that Muslims come in all Heinz 57 variates. Therefore, Ba'al is a "racist" there.......how?

So is there some sliding definition that I am not aware of of "racism"?

Adam

Bob Mac:

Can I ask you to define racism for me please.

My understanding and my direct knowledge is that all Japanese are Japanese so that could be racist. But, only against a certain Oriental race? China and a few other Oriental countries were our allies in WWII.

My understanding and my direct knowledge is that Muslims come in all Heinz 57 variates. Therefore, Ba'al is a "racist" there.......how?

So is there some sliding definition that I am not aware of of "racism"?

Adam

Well, I definitely have a view of racism that might be a little different than most, but that would hijack this thread. I'll elaborate elsewhere if you're interested.

But, Baal wants to kill all Muslims - ALL muslims. He's said this numerous times - over and over. My response is based mostly on his historical insanity on this issue.

That is a separate argument.

But to use racism to describe his positions regarding killing all of the class of the class of scum that killed over 3,000 of my fellow New Yorkers and my fellow citizens is potentially an over reach.

Adam

That is a separate argument.

But to use racism to describe his positions regarding killing all of the class of the class of scum that killed over 3,000 of my fellow New Yorkers and my fellow citizens is potentially an over reach.

Adam

Well, just read back on things he's said and I think you'll see it's pretty clear that what unites the "class of scum" according to him is the genetic link.

Bob M,

You must have noticed that I don't give a pass to racism.

Bob K pushes the limit (and I usually react accordingly when he does), but in my view, he is not like racists I have known. (Believe me, I have known some real pieces of work.) I judge him to be a man who doesn't like buildings falling down around his head and oversimplifies the enemy as a scared reaction to 9/11.

And he is one mischievous dude once he gets on a roll. If there is any malice involved, I sense it is in the orneriness of getting a kick out of watching people get wound up over some outrageous statement, not in the actual outrage.

Michael

Michael,

What does it take for people to post relevant information in relation to these threads. Why are so many threads all over the map? Maybe Barbara Branden's Efficient Thinking Course should be a prerequisite to posting!!! :angry:

DA

Bob M,

You must have noticed that I don't give a pass to racism.

Bob K pushes the limit (and I usually react accordingly when he does), but in my view, he is not like racists I have known. (Believe me, I have known some real pieces of work.) I judge him to be a man who doesn't like buildings falling down around his head and oversimplifies the enemy as a scared reaction to 9/11.

I think you're wrong about this.

And he is one mischievous dude once he gets on a roll. If there is any malice involved, I sense it is in the orneriness of getting a kick out of watching people get wound up over some outrageous statement, not in the actual outrage.

Michael

aka trolling - but he denies it.

Michael,

What does it take for people to post relevant information in relation to these threads. Why are so many threads all over the map? Maybe Barbara Branden's Efficient Thinking Course should be a prerequisite to posting!!! :angry:

DA

But how relevant is posting a post about relevance? Relevance is only relavant to the concept of relevance itself and is totally irrelevant to the topic of the thread - which is what you were complaining about in the first place! Dude, you've like totally violated the law of non-contradiction....

Donovan,

LOL...

Once you have experienced the joys of running a forum, you start to understand how weak it is as a content management system. (A discussion forum is a good content generating system.)

People come in all different types. Some derail conversations because they like to call attention to themselves and others get off on a tangent out of the sheer joy of thinking through something unexpected. The context people post in is an issue, also. If you are quietly reflecting over what you want to post, you will probably be more organized than if you have had a few, the TV is on and the kids are screaming in the background.

Imagine a huge pile of books and asking all these different kinds of people, with their different personalities, in their different contexts, to chip in and put all the books on the correct library shelves in the correct spots. You would roughly get what you get on forums, including the bickering.

What I will do after a while is set up a static site with some of the best stuff from OL, and maybe an article bank for people who want to use good content on their own sites and newsletters.

These threads are very raw categories. The downside is that they will never be strictly on topic. The upside is that they are wonderful seeds of ideas and content set in loosely organized places. Trying to make them anything else is a recipe for frustration. The governing principle I use is balance with flexibility. If the discussion gets too out of hand, I intervene. Otherwise, I have a life, too. I could easily spend every waking hour on getting this thing organized correctly and still never get it done.

Sporadic complaints like yours are very good at keeping the seams together and I actually welcome them. Just be careful to not get too frustrated. You will only make a small difference at the time. Later it will be as if you said nothing. Keeping posters in line organization-wise is like herding cats.

Your suggestion about people taking Barbara's course is a good one. Let me second that.

Michael

Michael,

DA

But how relevant is posting a post about relevance? Relevance is only relavant to the concept of relevance itself and is totally irrelevant to the topic of the thread - which is what you were complaining about in the first place! Dude, you've like totally violated the law of non-contradiction....

So then it is never relevant to ask people to stay on topic? When people get off topic, it is irrelevant to point it out? Then you are as guilty as I am for your comment as well by your own logic. If a person can never identify the irrelevant because relevance cannot be defined, then anything can posted on this thread and be considered relevant. This is the same fallacy as asking that a person be orderly chaotic.

Let's stay on track, Sherry is new here (I have referred her here) and I think actions like this detract from what OL could be and should be, i.e., a please for reasonable discussion.