Agency to Rectify Americans' Unwillingness to Die (!)

Judith

Is anyone as horrified by this issue as I am? I've been following it with a great deal of concern. I've also read that the "bail-out" bill provides for federal downloading of all patient computerized records to this new agency.

The following article, published today at Jewish World Review, summarizes the issue nicely:

---------------------------------------------------

Prescription for medical malpractice

By Wesley Pruden

Feb. 13, 2009

Nasty surprises are always nasty. We can expect to see a lot of them as the details of Barack Obama's Big Bopper Bailout unfold over the next several months. Joe Biden reckons the chances of the bailout working, despite the hype and hysteria, to be no better than 30 percent "even if we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty."

We've already had a few nasty surprises, enlivening the front pages from the moment President Obama took the oath. Sen. Judd Gregg's deciding that he doesn't have the stomach to be the secretary of Commerce is only the latest of the misfires. But the nastiest surprises are not likely to be the failure of the bailout legislation to work, but the way some of it will work only too well. The surprises won't be the Bridges to Nowhere, but the bridges to places no one wants to go.

Nastiest of all will be the health care catastrophe hidden in the thousands of pages of this legislation, the work of Tom Daschle, who was almost secretary of Health and Human Services before he was sent back to K Street to work on his tax returns.

The health rules set out in the bailout legislation will, as the bill boasts, affect "every individual in the United States." There will be no escaping the consequences of turning life-and-death health care decisions over to officious bureaucrats. (Members of Congress will get their usual special privileges.) If you think dealing with insurances companies is as awful as it can get, you'll be surprised.

A vast bureaucracy called the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, soon to be vaster, will carefully monitor what your doctor prescribes for you, not to protect and restore your health, but to make sure your doctor does what the government deems "appropriate" and "cost-effective."

These provisions are identical to the prescriptions set out by Mr. Daschle last year in his book about what to do about "the health care crisis." Doctors, he wrote, have to forgo their own judgment and "learn to operate less like solo practitioners." Deference will not be required to, say, distinguished professors from the Harvard Medical School, but to narrow-minded little men armed not with learning but with a lot of attitude, trained not in the medical arts and sciences but in government paperwork.

"Hospitals and doctors that are not 'meaningful users' of the new system will face penalties," Betsy McCaughey, a former lieutenant governor New York who is an analyst of health care issues at Hudson Institute, writes for Bloomberg News. " 'Meaningful' user isn't defined in the bill. That will be left to the HHS secretary, who will be empowered to impose 'more stringent measures of meaningful use over time.' "

How doctors will be penalized for putting the health of their patients above all else is not specifically set out in the bailout bill. But Mr. Daschle offers a hint or two in his book, language borrowed by the authors of the bailout bill's health care passages. The goal is to slow up the development of new medications and treatments that are driving up costs. He praises Europeans -- whose health care is rarely praised for its quality or efficiency -- as being more willing to accept "hopeless diagnoses."

Americans expect miracles; Europeans are resigned to mediocrity. (Does anybody go to London or Paris for advanced surgery?) The government bureaucrats would work from a formula dividing the cost of the treatment by the number of years a codger could expect to live. The elderly are expected to understand they're supposed to get sick when they get old, and hear something like: "Here, take this aspirin and if you don't feel better tomorrow don't call me, call the undertaker."

He cites as an example of what to expect from the decree of a British health board, which told elderly patients with macular degeneration that they must wait until they go blind in one eye before they could get expensive drugs to prevent losing sight in the other. Only after years of angry protests was the grotesque regulation rescinded.

But where are the angry protests here from Congress, or from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), which worked to elect Barack Obama? Where is the coverage from our robust mainstream media? Where is the follow-up to Miss McCaughey's revealing account in Bloomberg?

President Obama and his partisan allies in Congress are determined to get this bailout legislation to his desk for a signature before all its gory details are discovered. He calls it "inexcusable and irresponsible" to delay. Why the rush? He remembers what happened to Hillary Rodham Clinton's health care plan, and he's determined that this one gets no scrutiny, or, as Mr. Daschle warns, is "stalled by Senate protocol."

The nasty surprise is saved for later.

There is ample evidence for the existence of the elite, the globalists. One way they hide is through extended bloodlines.

As to this, it is more facism, it is more control. And the police state atmosphere continues to reign, which, if he were for real, he would've started stopping by now. And he won't.

http://www.obamadeception.net/

I'll tell you one thing: stay out of Lorain County, OH.

I sit in the middle of it, meaning, the intersection of where the State Highway Patrol, the County Sheriff's Dept., and the locals all hang out, across the street from me (Subway being the new donut shop).

Mild example, a story directly relayed to me by the brother of the person involved:

This person is a successful, well-to-do businessman, with a fine estate here in the county. He owns his own plane and hangar, that sort of thing. He built, from scratch, a large storage and service facility; a new business for servicing RVs, those types of vehicles. It is secure, legit, honest, perfectly built on what was once burned out property.

A situation erupted involving repossession of an RV stored in one of his units: the person storing it was already in arrears, and my friend was contemplating action, being patient.

Before he chose to act, a repo man came. My friend asked for his credentials--if you have the keys for it, the right papers, ID yourself, and so forth, feel free to proceed, and that's what happened.

So yesterday, another showed up, more of a bounty-hunter type, driving a big Sierra. He arrived at the front gate (it is fenced, as it should be to protect the clients), and came out of the car with a metal-cutting chainsaw, and got ready to saw through the lock. My friend came out and confronted him, at which point the man went to the back of the vehicle and released a German Shepherd attack dog.

My friend (who no doubt was armed, as he has a permit) retreated to his office and called the County Sheriff's office in emergency, describing the incident. He was scolded, and told that if he was not being threatened by anything other than a firearm, he would be up on felony charges were he to respond in self-defense. And, they never came out.

Meanwhile, it is business as usual around here on the weekend--the Sheriffs, the city cops, the staties, they all bump and clump around together. Sometimes they all stop together on state routes, put on their lights, and you can see them just fucking off and having conversations. They shake down locals relentlessly for small infractions. They run endless speed traps, and run everyone in the vehicle for warrants. Probable cause is what they say it is. If you are in front of them at a carryout line, they run your plate for warrants.

This is not a behavior confined to Ohio; it is pervasive, the stories are everywhere. That is the most obvious signal as to what's really going on in this country, what's about to happen. Remind you of anyone? How much of a stretch is it to think along the lines of 911 being an enabler for Homeland Security, ultimately ushering in what is clearly the new police state? I have lived long enough to see a marked difference, a difference that goes beyond saying all this is to keep us secure, to find terrorists in Lorain County (where Homeland security rolls through the burned out steel town of Lorain, ostensibly to protect us).

Rightio.

rde

One born every minute.

Edited by Rich Engle

Ginny:

"I sent this e-mail out to my personal and business network on November 26, 2008.

One of Daschle's concepts for the health board dominated plan:

"Of course, for Daschle, the problem with such high-tech diagnostics is that it leads to treatment.

On pages 123-124, he cites a study approvingly for the proposition that there are too many angiograms being performed. By too many, he specifically cites a study of 828 angioplasties in which only a third were likely to benefit the patients. Another half might or might not, and 14 percent were not likely. Now I might conclude that if 85 percent of the patients receiving the treatment might benefit (the one-third who definitely would and the 50 percent who might) and if I were one of them, I might want the procedure. But for Daschle, that would be a waste of money, and 'the imaging test that shows narrowing of the arteries was to blame (for the excessive treatment).'"

Yours for a free society"

This is the beginning of the marxist type boards which will basically look you in the eye and tell you to go home and die.

Adam

Perhaps it's time to start saving up money (or gold, or unset gems) for travelling to India or Central America for necessary health care. Those places are already becoming centers of fine heart surgery and knee replacements in luxurious hospitals for prices under $10,000 for many Americans.

Judith

This is only one of the horrors in the "stimulus bill." Who knows what else it contains. Would anyone have dreamed, a few years ago, that both the Senate and the House would pass a bill that ran to more than a thousand pages -- and that not a single senator or congressman would have read the bill they voted for? In any sane world, that would be a criminal offense.

We are hurtling into fascism, faster and more thoroughly than even those most convinced that Obama would lead us to disaster predicted.

Do you remember Roark's courtroom speech in The Fountainhead? He said, "Now, in our age, collectivism, the rule of the second-hander and second-rater, the ancient monster, has broken loose and is running amuck. It has brought men to a level of intellectual dependency never equaled on earth. It has reached a scale of horror without precedent. It has poisoned every mind. It has swallowed most of Europe. It is engulfing our country."

I'm glad Ayn Rand did not live to see Obama's America. It would have broken her heart.

Barbara

Do you remember Roark's courtroom speech in The Fountainhead? He said, "Now, in our age, collectivism, the rule of the second-hander and second-rater, the ancient monster, has broken loose and is running amuck. It has brought men to a level of intellectual dependency never equaled on earth. It has reached a scale of horror without precedent. It has poisoned every mind. It has swallowed most of Europe. It is engulfing our country."

I'm glad Ayn Rand did not live to see Obama's America. It would have broken her heart.

Barbara

What Rough Beast is this,

Its hour come round at last

Slouches toward Bethlehem

waiting to be born.

-The Widening Gyre- Yeats.

Ba'al Chatzaf

This is only one of the horrors in the "stimulus bill." Who knows what else it contains. Would anyone have dreamed, a few years ago, that both the Senate and the House would pass a bill that ran to more than a thousand pages -- and that not a single senator or congressman would have read the bill they voted for? In any sane world, that would be a criminal offense.

We are hurtling into fascism, faster and more thoroughly than even those most convinced that Obama would lead us to disaster predicted.

Barbara

Barbara,

We know that at least one Congressman read enough of the bill to vote against it, Ron Paul. His comments here:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

And membership now 14 Feb 5PM 103517 and growing around the clock.

gulch

Barbara sums it up as only she can:

"We are hurtling into fascism, faster and more thoroughly than even those most convinced that Obama would lead us to disaster predicted.

Do you remember Roark's courtroom speech in The Fountainhead? He said, 'Now, in our age, collectivism, the rule of the second-hander and second-rater, the ancient monster, has broken loose and is running amuck. It has brought men to a level of intellectual dependency never equaled on earth. It has reached a scale of horror without precedent. It has poisoned every mind. It has swallowed most of Europe. It is engulfing our country.'"

This is it, right on the head. This is what I've been going on about. It is the ultimate nightmare. There are only a few things that can be done, but I think the most important is to expose, expose, expose--these kind of people can't stand when you drag things out in the fresh, cleansing sunlight. The people of this country are slowly being made aware. The only way things can change is a widespread rally. The whole country has to turn and say "Nope, you're not doing that. WE are not doing that."

And, galtsgulch...yeah, Ron Paul--that guy is fantastic. Not perfect, but the real deal and the only competent modern-era US politico I've seen in ages that manages to not be a full blown narcissist.

rde

Edited by Rich Engle

Barbara

Barbara, it breaks my heart. As bad as I remember the Vietnam era was, with its "Great Society", the draft ( I was drafted), the "hippie" culture, the current state of affairs seems considerably worse.

Do you think if AR were alive today she would have continued writing, or just shrug?

Edited by Las Vegas

There is going to be a depression. Actually, what we have here is much more than even that word allows.

With work, we will have a revolution, in the real sense of the word. But it will require most everyone turning, because sheer numbers are all we have in this. That's a real Atlas shrugging. This is why exposure is so important. It is easier to do now in the sense that there are more ways to do it (Internet, say), but on the other hand there is more chatter to cut through.

Another way I look at it (and this intensely disturbs me) is that we are challenged in that many of who we would normally refer to or rely on to be prime movers have become evil. You certainly aren't going to have David Rockefeller leading the revolution, because he, like other elites, are counting on complete collapse. That is how they have worked throughout history, history supports that--there are cycles (induced by them), very, very long cycles/plans that create total wipeout: this is required so they can move on and do it elsewhere again. The length of these planned cycles account for why people have so much trouble believing that such plans were executed by elites--these things are often planned out to occur over several generations. What happened this time (and this was the main topic of discussion at the CFR's last little Bildeberg thing) was that they started the destruction in a way where it worked too well and too quickly for them to control. The plan accelerated way too fast for them, hence all the scrambling and stepping up of the police state actions, the internment camps, etc. They spun out. Between that, and not accounting for being exposed more than they ever have been before--that's why they hate the Internet so much, and want Internet 2--this is akin to what they used to be able to achieve far easier (say by establishing control of the media).

Those of you who predicted that a movie would not be made of Atlas Shrugged have been proved wrong. The movie is being made. It must be in process, because I saw an excerpt on television this evening that presented a scene from the Twentieth Century Motor Plant, after the slogan "To each according to his need, from each according to his ability," had been put into effect.

You remember the scene in the book where the tramp tells Dagny what happened at the plant after the slogan was adopted. He said, "We had become beggars -- all of us, because. . . the only claim we had was need -- so we had to beg in public for relief from our needs, like any lousy moocher, listing all our troubles and miseries. . . hoping that 'the family' would throw us the alms. Do you care to guess what sort of men kept quiet feeling shame and what sort got away with the jackpot?"

In the scene I saw on television this evening, a young man complained, "Ive been working at McDonald's at the same job for four years. I don't get enough money. Will your plan get me more benefits and more money?" "Yes," the president of the Unitd States answered.

"I need a new stove," a woman exclaimed tearfully. "I need a lot of things. Will your plan give them to me?" "Yes", said the president of the United States, clearly enjoying dispensing other people's largesse.

Oh. . . I just realized that this wasn't a scene from Atlas after all. I saw it on the nightly news. It was not called Atlas Shrugged. It was called A Town Hall Meeting with Barack Obama.

Barbara

Barbara:

Correct. Now we have taken an old game show, Queen For a Day, and turned it into one large voting block.

Perhaps another student of media remembers it. Essentially, each contestant laid bare their personal needs and begged for help.

The host would hold his hand over each contestant and the applause-o-meter at the bottom of the black and white screen would register by the sound.

The most pathetic won.

Now, we, as a nation of beggars, have better graphics.

I hate to be pessimistic Barbara, but it sure is looking like it is time.

Adam

Barbara describes a traumatic evening of television viewing that would get to even just a regular capitalist type, much less someone of her stature, experience, reputation...:

"Oh. . . I just realized that this wasn't a scene from Atlas after all. I saw it on the nightly news. It was not called Atlas Shrugged. It was called A Town Hall Meeting with Barack Obama"

Bad enough. Was there no redemption at the end? Meaning, didn't he even tap dance?

Sorry for the cheap shot, but that one was just hanging out there waiting, even if it was in the middle of Black History Month. Chris Rock would've gone for it.

rde

And anyway, I still haven't found any black Objectivists. Yet.

Edited by Rich Engle

Rich:

I have only known two and that was in the 60's.

So I can't even say hey some of my best friends are black objectivists! :whistle:

Adam

I'm telling you...it's like kryptonite to them. I'm guessing it's due to Atlas and Fountainhead not being as frequent in the libraries, and the literacy learning curve that was at crisis levels during that time (not that it isn't bad now).

But you'd think there would be at least a few that got fired up from books like that...it would have been a really good thing.

rde

Bets Barack only skimmed it, at best.