The Edge

Over43

Has anyone seen The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. This was, I think, an excellent movie.

One of my favorite movies. Excellent theme contrasting a man of the mind against the irrational. David Mamet at his best.

• 1 month later...

This was excellent. I rented it out of curiousity and was instantly swept up in it. I understood the character of Charles Morse (Anthony Hopkins) immediately, of course, from an Objectivist viewpoint. I agree that this s a story about the mind -- engaged for survival, but engaged because it was prepared. Morse is underestimated by the killers, Robert Green and Mickey Morse. Green is undone by his own actions, ultimately, and, yet, Morse would do whatever he could to save his life, but in the resolution, Morse faces a problem he cannot solve and Green dies -- as justice demands. Morse's efficacy in this mortal conflict -- a three way battle, really, with the bear pitted against them both and Green against him -- is implicit in his business success... yet... never found that enough. "All my life, I wanted to do one unequivocal thing," he says.

It's been quite a few years since I've seen that movie. Of all the survival movies, this is one of the best in my opinion. Michael gives a perfect explanation that I could not have done even fractionally.

~ Shane

It's been quite a few years since I've seen that movie. Of all the survival movies, this is one of the best in my opinion. Michael gives a perfect explanation that I could not have done even fractionally.

~ Shane

Et al,

Pardon me for the obscure segue but we are in a battle of minds for our own survival as well. There will be no stopping the growing "army" which is arming itself with "intellectual ammunition" to restore our Constitutional Republic and now numbers on 27 Mar 10PM 130328; 28 Mar 2AM 130378, 3AM 130381, 7AM 130408. 1PM 130509

www.campaignforliberty.com

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch; Change you name to one track or Campaign for Liberty.

CHRIS,

At the risk of sounding immodest, I must admit that I consider John Adams, Samuel Adams, and the other patriots who fought for their own freedom to have been similarly on "one track!"

I do engage in other activities. I go to work full time plus one evening of overtime and love every minute of it. I read the WSJ daily and glance at the NYT and the Boston Globe. I manage my considerable investments and keep working despite attempts by friends and family to persuade me to give up my career.

I plan another garden this season and have started seeds.

I will prepare the pool, clear the lawn and spread lime and fertilizer. Voltaire advised one cultivate one's own garden.

I will not bore you with other activities I engage in but you are correct that I do check to see the growth of the C4L and find it encouraging to see it continue to spread. I realize that each digit represents a soul who will encounter new friends and family and fellow workers or students who may join this profound endeavor to enlighten the populace.

It is not Obewan who is our only hope but the enlightenment of the populace according to T. Jefferson to secure our freedom.

www.campaignforliberty.com 28Mar 1PM 130517 6PM 130666

gulch

Edited by galtgulch