Scientology, Seizures, and Science

Ed Hudgins

Judith – I’m not addressing directly the various ways for evaluating personalities—Myers-Briggs, for example. But I am asking about how we can be aware of our own proclivities and, when they don’t contribute to our well-being, how we can and should deal with them or change them. In part this is what Nathaniel Branden’s enterprise has been all about. As he puts it, he wants to develop a technology in psychology to help us get from where we are in our lives to where we want to be.

I’m dealing with the matters at a somewhat more philosophical level in light of the new thinking and discoveries about how the mind works and where we’re free to think and act. I’m integrating this into an understanding of ethics in terms of our various capacities.

Interesting work!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judith and Ed:

Hmmm looks like EST is about to break out in this forum thread!

Where is Erhard when you need him!

Adam

Judith and Ed:

Adam

I don't get EST, but I do have ESPN. It's awesome. I'm now working on telekinesis, but can't quite get things going.

Did you know Werner did his best to avoid Nathaniel Branden in the way-back-then?

--Brant

Brant:

No, but I would enjoy hearing about it either here or you can e-mail me off forum.

I would not be shocked by that event.

Got it! lol

Adam

Judith and Ed:

Adam

No longer in the U.S.A. according to the Wiki article. He took the money and he ran.

The man was a feather merchant almost in the L.Ron Hubbard class.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al:

I think it might have been Lazarus Long who said all progress is made by lazy people!

Erhard a person who avoids responsibility and effort; loafer.

Interesting.

Adam

Brant:

No, but I would enjoy hearing about it either here or you can e-mail me off forum.

I would not be shocked by that event.

Got it! lol

Adam

I don't have enough details. Never did. But They were to appear together in a public forum, as I understood it at the time, and when Werner heard he was to appear with NB he cancelled. Just a story, but the ESTers were doing their best to cover up what they were really all about--control and money--and in the late 70s and early 80s Nathaniel was at the top of his game qua psychology. It was also the time NB was doing his Intensives, a few of which I attended in NYC, one in LA and the very, very first in Washington D.C., January or early February 1977. In late March he lost his wife, Patrecia, to a drowning accident, and went through a solid year of hell while continuing to work.

--Brant

Ba'al:

I think it might have been Lazarus Long who said all progress is made by lazy people!

Erhard a person who avoids responsibility and effort; loafer.

Interesting.

Adam

In Rosenblume's (aka Erhardt's) case, what progress? What did he really do. He forced people to stay in a room so they shit and pissed in their pants and he charged them money for it.

Ba'al Chatzaf